Name: Sedeek M. Sedeek Mosaid
D.O.B.: 1 April 1968
Sex : Male
Mailing address APT BLK 2, Holland Avenue
E-mail: email@example.com (preferred for contact)
ESSKA SPORT SURGERY SCHOLARSHIP Scholarship in the central hospitler of Luxembourg which is one of the biggest hospitals from 1 March 2010 till 31 March 2010
LEE SHAW FELLOWSHIP fellowship in orthopedic and Traumatolgy from Singapore general hospital in Singapore in sport medicine and Arthroplasty service.
AO International FELLOWSHIP AO Orthopedic Organization in Switzerland
With training done in Essen university hospital
in Germany from 4 September 2006 till 26 October 2007
Registered for MD degree The subject of MD thesis is (Study of the results of
Arthroscopic Repair of Bankart lesion of Shoulder by
Suture anchor) working on it nowadays.
FRCS: Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, October 2003.
MCH Ortho: Alexandria University, Egypt, grade good, July 1999.
M.B.B.Ch.: Alexandria University, Egypt, grade good, November 1991.
Orthopedic and Traumatolgy department in Jurong General Hospital, starting from 17 February 2010 till now, Jurong general hospital contains around 400 beds; it is one of the advanced hospitals with all most recent modalities.
Orthopedic and Traumatolgy department in Singapore General Hospital, starting from 12 February 2008 till 11 February 2010, Singapore general hospital is one of biggest most advanced busy hospitals it contain about 1600 beds with all most recent modalities.
Orthopedic fellow in
Orthopedic and Traumatolgy department in Singapore general hospital in sport medicine and arthroplasty service starting from 30 April 2007 till 30 October 2007, Singapore general hospital is one of biggest most advanced busy hospital it contain about 1600 beds with all most recent modalities.
Orthopedic and Traumatology Department in Al Ahly hospital (private hospital) having all diagnostic and therapeutic facilities in all specialties of medicine from 19 Nov. 2006 till 7 February 2007.
Clinical attachment trainer
Clinical attachment trainer in Marienkrankenhaus Orthopadische Klinik in Düsseldorf, Germany from Sept. 15, 2006 to Nov. 6, 2006. I took an active part in procedures of shoulder, knee, ankle and elbow surgery with special concern to arthroscopic procedure surgery also, I took an active part in outpatient clinic. It is specialized hospital in orthopedic surgery only and in arthroscopic and arthroplasty surgery , it has around 350 beds
AO International Fellow Orthopedic surgeon
AO fellow in Orthopedic and Traumatolgy surgery in Essen University hospital
In Orthopedic department, one of the largest hospital in Essen, Germany with all
Recent modalities with new advances western ways of training and teaching from
4 Sept. 2006 to 27 Oct. 2006.it took active part in all advanced traumatic surgeries and in the clinic as well
Senior Orthopedic Registrar:
Senior Orthopedic Registrar in Dr. Erfan & Bagedo General Hospital
Orthopedic Department, One of the largest and modern hospitals in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. From June 2001 –up1 September2006. It has around 450 beds
Orthopedic and Traumatology Department (equal senior registrar) in Al- Talaba Sporting Health Insurance Hospital; having all diagnostic and therapeutic facilities in all specialties of medicine. From June 2000 till June 2001.
Orthopedic and Traumatology Department (equal senior registrar) in Hassab Medical Centre (private hospital) having all diagnostic and therapeutic facilities in all specialties of medicine from 1 October 1998 till June 2001.
Orthopedic and Traumatology (equal registrar), EI-Hadara Orthopedic and Traumatology University Hospital (5 units with 300 beds capacity),
Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University for one and half year.
Orthopedic & Traumatology in Gamal Abdul-Nasser Health insurance hospital (General hospital with 1000 bed capacity) from 18 June1994 till 2 February 1997 (equal registrar).
Obligatory Governmental Medicine Service:
Orthopedic Surgery Military Hospital 1-4-1993 till 1-4-1994.
Alexandria University hospital and general hospitals of ministry of health, Egypt, two months each in the following departments:
-Orthopedic & Traumatology -General surgery
-Internal medicine -Obstetric & gynecology
-Pediatric -Emergency & anesthesia
Following obtaining M.B.B.Ch, I stayed for one year as a house officer at the busy, teaching Alexandria University Hospitals and Ministry of Health Hospitals. Training in general surgery included head injury, abdominal and urological surgery, while internal medicine training included GIT diseases and cardiology.
Following this year, I started as an Orthopedic Registrar at Gamal Abdul-Nasser health insurance hospital. I spent the time from June 1994 to February 1997 in the training in the causality and Orthopedic and Traumatology departments respectively.
During the training in the causality (accident and emergency department), I have been introduced to basic fracture treatment; plaster techniques, skeletal traction, and bases of treatment of congenital anomalies. I was a part of a team that used to look after accident and emergency in the Causality Department where we used to receive all varieties of RT A and multiple injuries.
During the period of training in the Orthopedic and Traumatology department I have acquired significant experience in:
Skeletal trauma particularly in:
1 Hip fractures and arthroplasty
2 Periarticular fractures
3 Internal fixation of fractures of the long bones
4 Spine fractures: decompression and stabilization
5 Pediatric fractures
During On Call, I was in charge of the management of all orthopedic emergencies manipulation of fractures under anesthesia under supervision
(Direct and indirect).
My experience had been extended during my job as a Resident in Orthopedic and Traumatology Department in Gamal Abdul-Nasser Health insurance Hospital. I worked in different surgical entities as:
1. Knee and shoulder surgery
2. Pediatric Orthopedic
3 Hand surgery
4 Tumor surgery
5 Arthroscopy surgery
I was responsible for preoperative preparation and postoperative follow up and I have assisted in many cases and I did many cases under supervision of my staff and ended by doing enough number of cases by my self.
In outpatient department, I was responsible for admission of new cases; follow up of cases and local injections.
Afterwards I started to prepare for MCH. Thesis and examination.
For the next 1.5 years I worked as an orthopedic registrar at Al- Hadara Orthopedic and Traumatology University hospital, while continuing my MCH. Thesis and examination preparation. My duties were 1 in 3 Rota, taking part in one day operating session, and one day outpatient clinic at the University Hospital. During that time I became well versed with the management of fractures including open reduction and internal fixation using AO techniques, external fixators and the management of major open injuries. In cold surgery, I have been involved in the surgery of bone and joint infection, neglected deformities, surgery of poliomyelitis and joint replacement. The population of Alexandria is over 5 million and this has got a seasonal variation which increases by over 2 million during the summer. EI-Hadra University Hospital is the teaching Orthopedic hospital in Alexandria. The capacity of the hospital is 300 beds, strictly for Orthopedics and Traumatology, distributed in 5 units with 45 staff members besides the residents. The hospital gives regular teaching sessions for MCH. And M.D. degree candidates. This includes teaching ward tutorials and regular clinical assessment of registrar standards.
At the end of this period, I presented my MCH thesis "Evaluation of the late results of dislocation of the elbow" study was conducted on 20 patients with 6 month follow up. Study was under supervision of Prof. Abu Alfotouh Eid. The board of discussion accepted the thesis with excellent mark. After passing the written, oral and clinical examinations, I got the MCH. Ortho degree on July 1999.
The Orthopedic surgery and Traumatology specialist post in Hasab Medical Centre and Al- Talaba Sporting Health insurance hospital. During this period, I started to refine my surgical techniques and I spent more time in Arthroscopic, Arthroplasty and Pediatric Orthopedic surgery to master its surgical techniques.
Then I was working as orthopedic surgery and Traumatology senior registrar in Dr. Erfan and Bagedo Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Dr. Erfan and Bagedo Hospital is a leading private hospital, (occupancy 220 beds) with all the latest updated facilities for specialization in the various areas for surgery. My training has been more on the highly equipped Orthopedic and Traumatology surgical procedures, effecting new tools and techniques.
The staffs of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology department in Dr. Erfan and Bagedo hospital consists of senior consultants all of them are former European trainees, and most of them are former British trainees and got FRCS many years ago.
I have been working with all of them for more than three years. That made me very close to the British system in the management of Orthopedics and Traumatology cases especially after obtaining my fellowship degree.
Beside my basic work as an Orthopedic and Traumatology registrar, I have been also the organizer of the continuous medical education program of the department (scientific meetings), Assisting research work and scientific papers with my senior consultant that will be subsequently published and also I am the one responsible for making the Rota of the department.
I have taken the AO international Orthopedic fellowship, that is international fellowship with doing training post in Orthopedic department in Essen university hospital that is one of largest teaching hospitals in Essen in Germany. The university hospital offers all aspects of modern medical diagnostics and treatment .The department is a level one-trauma center with all specialties subspecialties and resources required.
Then I worked as orthopedic surgery and Traumatology in Singapore General hospital in Singapore. Singapore General Hospital is one of the biggest most advanced recent hospitals, (occupancy 1600 beds) with all the latest updated facilities for specialization in the various areas for surgery. My training has been more on the highly equipped especially in Sport medicine and Arthroplasty services.
Lastly iam working in Jurong general hospital, it is advanced surgery with all modalities, iam doing all surgeries with special interest in sport arthroscopic surgeries, joint replacement and different trauma surgeries
1 Generally, I have been trained for management of common medical and surgical emergencies, in both ER and the ward.
2 Manipulative techniques and closed reduction and casting for the indicated fractures, go very well in my hands. My initial training concentrated a big deal on that, and I find myself so confident doing that kind of management.
3 So far, I am capable to manage almost all common orthopedic trauma cases through both operative and non operative methods, including hand injuries and single and multiple open fractures.
4 I can also manage general non traumatic orthopedic cases, and do many of its operative procedures.
5 I have been heavily involved in the management of knee disorders during the last few years, and I feel my skills have developed a lot in that respect, especially for Arthroscopic surgical procedures mainly knee and shoulder including all procedures and joint replacement procedures mainly knee (my favorites)
6 Hip surgery is also one of my favorites; I have come across many of partial and total replacements, as well as fractures and some osteotomies around the hip, although my Orthopedic practice.
7 In last years I have been promoted as orthopedic consultant , and approved by Egyptian medical syndicate , and I did my subspecialty as sport and arthroplasty surgery, and got different training by different fellowships which I attended overseas
1 Membership of Egyptian Orthopedic Association.
2 Membership of Jeddah Saudi Orthopedic Club
3 Membership of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons , USA
4 Membership of AO Alumni Association (AOAA) Davos
5 Membership of international society of Orthopedic surgery and Traumatolgy (SICOT) Belgium
6 Membership of European Society of Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (ESSKA) Luxembourg
7 Associate membership of Singapore Orthopedic Association , Singapore
8 Membership of International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopedic Sport Medicine (ISAKOS), Canada.
1 Presentation at Orthopedic conferences.
2 Presentation in meetings.
3 Teaching of medical students.
4 Communication with other specialties physicians for combined service patients.
I have good experience in:
1 Microsoft windows
2 Microsoft word
3 Microsoft PowerPoint
4 Microsoft excel
5 Adobe acrobat
Arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability with the use of suture anchors. Sedeek SM, Tey IK, Tan AH. Singapore Med J. 2008 Sep;49(9):676-81.
The article has been chosen by Biomedlib as best article published in the domain in last years over 10 articles
1. Evaluation of the late results of dislocation of the Elbow.El Hadra University Hospital, Alexandria, Egypt, May 1999. (My Master degree Thesis)
2. Post Operative Osteomyelitis. Sedeek Mohamed. Dr Erfan and Bagedo hospital scientific meeting2005 .present at hospital website (http://www.ebhospital.com/cme.html)
3. Open fracture .Sedeek Mohamed. Dr Erfan and Bagedo hospital scientific meeting 2006
Present at hospital website (http://www.ebhospital.com/cme.html)
4. Arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability with the use of suture anchors. Sedeek SM, Tey IK, Tan AH. Singapore Orthopedic Association .October 2007.
5. Arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability with the use of suture anchors. Sedeek SM, Tey IK, Tan AH. 13th ESSKA 2000 May 21-24 2008 Porto/Portugal.
6. Arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability with the use of suture anchors. Sedeek SM, Tey IK, Tan AH. Show and Tell presentation. Singapore General hospital. Orthopedic department .August 2008.
7. Arthroscopic capsular release in the treatment of frozen shoulder in diabetic patient. Sedeek SM, Raghavan R,Tan AH. Singapore orthopedic association 2008
8. Comparison of outcomes of patients following open vs arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability .Mohamed Ashik , Sedeek Mohamed, Andrew Tan . ISAKOS, Osaka, Japan April2009.
9. One stage operation for neglected posterior dislocation of the shoulder by allograft reconstruction. Case report. Sedeek Mohamed S, Joyce koh, Paul chang .SOA meeting Singapore, 20 November 2010.
10. Arthroscopic revision Bankart repair after failed open surgery. Sedeek Mohamed S, Andrew Tan. SOA meeting Singapore, 21 November2010.
11. Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction using Quadriceps tendon graft. Fawsy Essa, Sedeek Mohamed S. SOA meeting Singapore, 19 November 2010
12. Reconstruction of the acetablum with severe bone deficiency using modular cage system and compression impaction graft. Fawsy Essa, Sedeek Mohamed, SOA Singapore, 21 November 2010
13. Arthroscopic Bankart repair for traumatic anterior shoulder instability with the use of suture anchors. Sedeek SM, Tey IK, Tan AH. Central Hospiteler de Luxembourg, Orthopedic Department meeting 26 March 2010
COURSES AND MEETINGS ATTENDED
1. All the conferences organized by the Egyptian Orthopedic Association (E.O.A) since 1996 till now.
2. AO Basic course of AO-International Association for the study of internal fixation (AO/ASIF) 30/9/1996-5/10/1996, Cairo, Egypt.
3. American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Review Course 11- 14/11/1997, Cairo, Egypt.
4. Microsurgery Basic Course and workshop 19-23/9/1998, Microsurgery center, Zagazic University, Egypt.
5. Workshops in El-Hadara University Hospital in Interlocking nailing, Total knee arthroplasty and Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction.
6. The instructional course in hand surgery, Ain Shams University Cairo, Egypt.
7. American Academy of Orthopedic surgeons. Review course 9- 13 April 2000.
8. Course of Hand Surgery, Egyptian Medical Syndicate, Alexandria, 24-25 May 2000
9. Hand on Training Workshop in Vascular Suturing and Anatomists, Egyptian Medical Syndicate, Alexandria, 28-29 June 2000
10. Conference of Recent Advances in Diagnosis and Treatment, Egyptian Medical Syndicate, Alexandria 19-20 Oct. 2000
11. 1st International instructional course in shoulder surgery and arthroplasty. Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt 10-12 Feb, 2001.
12. "e-Learning and e-Health Care Workshop" King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. 23-24, April 2002.
13. Advanced ORP courses with workshops in operative management of fractures at King Khalid National Guard Hospital, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. 4-7 May 2002.
14. Pediatric Hip course. Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 5 -8 October 2002.
15. Shoulder Arthroscopy surgery course. Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 11-12, January 2007.
16. Fourth Basic course of ASAMI group. El Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt, 8-9 February 2007.
17. 13 Th ESSKA 2000 Congress .Porto, Portugal, 21-24 May 2008.
18. New ways in pain management. Brunei, 30-31August2008.
19. SOA- 31 Annual scientific meeting .Singapore, 18-21 November 2008.
20. 3 rd Asia Pacific knee expert training – cadaveric workshop .Sydney, Australia, 28-29 March 2009.
1. Dr. Paul Chee Cheng Chang, MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FAMS, Senior Consultant
and Head of Sports Service,Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Singapore General
hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
2. Dr. Andrew Tan Hwee Chye, FRCS, FRCS (Ortho), Consultant of Sports service
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Singapore General hospital, Outram Road,
3. Dr. Wong Merg Koon, MBBS, FRCS (Edin), FRCS (Ortho), FAMS,
Senior Consultant of trauma service, department of orthopedic surgery,Singapore
General hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
4. Dr. Mitra AK. MBBS, FRCS Senior orthopedic Consultant, Department of
Orthopaedic Surgery, Singapore General hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
5 .Dr. Noaman, Khalid M.D. FACH Consultant (Knee surgeon), Dr. Erfan and Bagedo Hospital Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
6. Prof. Abdul Rahman Amer ,MD orth , Prof of Orthopedic Surgery , Alexandria University , El Hadra Orthopedic and Traumatology University Hospital , Alexandria ,Egypt.
7. Prof. Dr. Abul-Fotouh Eid, M.D. Ortho, Prof of Orthopedic Surgery, Alexandria University, EI-Hadra Orthopedic and Traumatology University Hospital, Alexandria, Egypt.
8 .Prof. Aly Nagi Khalaf, M.D., Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt.
9.Prof. Yossef Sheta, M.D., Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Alexandria, Egypt. Consultant of Orthopedic & Trauma Surgery in Hassab Medical Center.
10.Prof. Hafez Sadek, M.D., professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt. Consultant of Orthopedic & Trauma Surgery in Hassab Medical Center
Physician Assistant Orthopedic
Philadelphia, PA - physician assistant, orthopedic, physician,...
Orthopedic Surgeon, Board Certified, Foot and Ankle Fellowship
Atlanta, GA - orthopedic, surgeon, ross, surgery, physician,...
TX - physician, surgery, active, society, children,...
Egypt, AR - egypt, ana, ahmed, el, translator, trust, cgpa,...
CMA/ Surgery scheduler
Montgomery, TX - dm, emr, fitter, wound, schedule, certified, dme,...
Medical Front Office/Surgery Scheduling/Insurance Verification
McKinney, TX - recruiters, epic, dept, sales, representative,...
Medical billing coding, medical collections, surgery scheduling, media
San Antonio, TX - coding, billing, insurance, icd, cpt, collections,...