Glenview, IL *****
STRATEGIC SOURCING PROFESSIONAL
Sourcing, project/vendor management and financial reporting/analysis professional with 14 years progressive experience in reporting, analysis, reconciliation, and system development. Drive financial performance, propose incentives and service/product delivery components, and assure contract compliance for existing and new vendors. Develop and maintain database for best practice vendors. Partner with business units to develop financial performance and quality control markers for vendors.
• Strategic sourcing • Contract/Compliance Management
• Procurement • Benchmarking Best Practices
• Financial Analysis • Vendor Performance Metrics
• ERP/Procure-to-pay • Proposal Writing
• Project Management • Vendor Database Management
HUMAN CAPITAL SOLUTIONS, LLC 2009-present
Management consulting firm specializing in Organization Effectiveness, Mergers and Acquisitions, Employee Engagement, Human
Resources Legal Compliance and Union Avoidance. Clients including GE, Microsoft, Merck, Intuit, NYCE, H&R Block, NASCAR,
GAB Robins, and the Institute Of Management Accountants.
Data and Reporting Consultant, Warren, New Jersey
Currently providing ad hoc reporting and financial analysis. Parse data in Excel and Access, provide analysis and, build Power Point decks for client proposals and presentations.
• Developed a comprehensive analysis of costs for 25,000 employees as part of an HR Pro Forma for the acquisition of a $ 4B dollar food manufacturer.
• Created data gathering and employee feedback program and process for client engagement surveys.
• Designed an automated succession planning tool adopted by business clients for inclusion within their talent management processes.
DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC 2006-2009
Leading global financial institution providing consumer credit services.
Analyst, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Riverwoods, IL
Manage projects, develop and deliver financial reporting and analysis for Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. Provided data reports, proposals and business analysis for internal clients in Information Technology, Facilities, and Travel/Special Events. Procured services across business units within the company, including operations, IT, marketing, and finance.
• Guided office supply RFP project for Discover Financial Services in 2007, resulting in a savings of $2.5MM over previous supplier.
• Sourced, qualified, and screened medical supply companies for an RFP resulting in a 20% savings from the incumbent supplier.
• Conducted successful RFP for a new supplier of mail-room equipment, delivering a savings of nearly 40% over the incumbent provider.
• Directed change in billing procedure for office supplies resulting in elimination of $200K of past due debt and improving payment process flow by 30%.
• Successfully led enterprise-wide office supply program for Discover and Morgan Stanley, including design and implementation of sub-programs resulting in a savings of $300K in fiscal 2006.
• Created reporting tool for Travel/Event expense tracking, identifying 20% in potential savings from incumbent vendors.
• Identified and reported temporary labor fees eligible for consolidation into a national program, creating savings of more than $500K in fiscal 2006.
SCOTT HILE PAGE TWO
847-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.linkedin.com/pub/scott-hile
MORGAN STANLEY, INC. 2000-2006
Leading global provider of commercial and consumer credit services.
Accounting and Reporting Analyst, Riverwoods, IL
Developed and delivered Accounting reporting and analysis for company Business units in the following functional areas: monthly and quarterly statistical reporting, bank reconciliation, vendor maintenance, and daily cash and expense account balancing.
• Created and maintained ABC cost accounting model, providing senior management with cost analysis input resulting in a 25% reduction in labor costs and a 20% improvement in process efficiencies for 2006 budget.
• Developed and streamlined the Accounting reporting process, reducing deliverable time by an average of 30% per year from 2001-2005, and expanding value-added statistical and accounting reports to include all company business units.
• Created system for identifying and correcting returned EFT transfers, reducing error recurrence by an average of 50% from 2003-2005.
HARRISON CONFERENCE CENTER, division of Hilton Hotels, Inc. 1998-2000
Leading provider of conference and seminar services for global hospitality firm.
Accounting/Technical Support Specialist, Lake Bluff, IL
Managed specialized technology applications, including computer hardware and software implementation, audio-visual operations, and Accounting support.
• Designed and implemented new computer and audio-visual equipment purchases, increasing profitability an average of 15% per booking in 1999.
• Identified and modified key components in network server operating system, eliminating downtime and improving overall performance by 20%.
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
M.A., Business Communication
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
CERTIFICATIONS AND AWARDS
Discover Financial Services President’s Plate Award
(For outstanding performance and support of company goals)
United States - rfp, hvac, sage, coordinator, physical, cola, coca,...
Customer Service High School
United States - supplier, buyer, mm, forecast, procurement,...
United States - rfp, radiology, sales, surgical, xerox, philip,...
Quality Assurance Sales
United States - alliance, rfp, procurement, nicholas, combine,...
United States - mae, public accountant, secret, clearance, kronos,...
Project Manager Quality Assurance
United States - supplier, chemicals, electronics, supplier quality,...
United States - rfp, matthew, asset, investment, net, diligence,...