A highly motivated Quality Control/Quality assurance & Environmental/Regulatory manager with extensive experience in quality assurance, quality control and environmental management. Successfully implemented the ISO 9001-2000 system and ISO 14001:04 system. Enjoy challenges and trouble shooting. The key strengths are providing technical supports to internal and external customers by root cause analysis, planning and training. Represented the quality function as an integral part of the strategic planning and management process. Provided directions and leadership to the management by preparing technical reports for management review. Strong expertise in communication, training and building inter personal skills.
PRESPERSE Corp 2009-2012
Manager, Quality Control & Analytical Chemist
Managing Quality Control Department and supervising the quality aspects.
Managing calibration system for laboratory and production equipments
Investigating Non-conforming products, customer Complaint and performing root cause analysis by Pareto method
Developing SOP for Quality management and analytical testing
Purchasing of laboratory equipments and services & purchasing of Safety equipments
Providing technical support and regulatory information to both internal and external customers
Coordinating with other departments in maintaining safety at work place
o Improving the analytical laboratory by adding major instruments for testing
o Continuous improvement by preventive action planning
o Timely response to customer’s technical investigation
o Investigation and Resolving the Customer complaints
Manager Quality management system & continuous Improvement & Environmental Specialist
• Managing Quality Department and maintained ISO 14001-2004 system
• Responsible for environmental compliances, technical support and environmental reporting of three different sites for different governmental requirements
• Performing and coordinating external and internal audits for ISO 9001-2000 & ISO 14001:04
• Preparing management reports (technical) with trend analysis for the management meetings
Development of objectives designed for cost reduction by conducting Waste Stream analysis
Developed of objectives for minimizing impacts on environment. by Source reduction plan
Effective root cause analysis of non conformities
Developing effective training program
TEMBEC INC., Longueuil, Quebec 1999 – 2007
Manager Quality Control & Environmental
• Maintained ISO 9001:2000.by developing quality strategies.
• Managing Quality Control Department and maintained ISO 14001-2004 system
• Performing external and internal audits for ISO 9001-2000 & ISO 14001:04
• Responsible for environmental regulatory compliance and did reporting for different governmental requirements
• Managing calibration system for laboratory and production equipments
• Preparing management reports (technical) with trend analysis for quarterly and annual management meetings
• Providing technical support and managing and responding to customer complaint
• Evaluation of Supplier performances
• Performing process and product trend analysis for continuous improvement,
• Performing statistical analysis of the finished products
• Tracking non conformities, performing root cause analysis by Pareto method
• Purchasing of laboratory equipments and services & purchasing of environmental service and equipments
Implemented and managed ISO 9001-2000 system for eight (8) years
Developing quality procedures as per ISO requirements
Implemented and maintained the ISO 14001-2004 system
Trained and experienced auditor for ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:2004.
Effective cost reduction by efficient negotiations with the contractors & suppliers
Development of objectives designed for cost reduction and successfully reduced cost by 12%
Developed objectives for minimizing impacts on environment.
Effective root cause analysis of non conformities
Follow-up and evaluation of corrective actions
Development of preventive actions as proactive improvement
Trained personnel for emergency response plan and WHIMS
Interface with employees to ensure that the current objectives and principles (Quality and environmental) are recognized, understood and met
HANDY CHEMICALS LTD. (ALCAN GROUP) 1995 – 1998
• Managing Quality Control laboratory,
• Handling Non conformity reports, customer complaints,
• Performed statistical analysis of the products.
• Managing and supervision of documents for shipping of dangerous goods transport (TMD) samples
• Assisting in ISO 9002 audit
o Statistical analysis of finished product’s trend to prevent production of non conform products
o Developed and managed projects to study the shelf life of specific products
o Managed projects to study the final performance of specific products
Prior to working for chemical industries, I was involved with teaching
Physical Science, Chemistry & Biology in adult education & high school in Canada
Head of the department, in an undergraduate college in India.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Member: American Society of Quality (ASQ)
Diploma in Education (Chemistry, Physical Science and Biology) – McGill University, Canada
Ph. D., Bioscience
M.Sc., Experimental Pharmacognosy
B.Sc., Plant Science, Chemistry, Zoology
• Auditor ISO 9001-2000 & Auditor ISO 14001:04
• Six Sigma, GHS and Program STOP
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Minitab, SAP, NAVION and other application related programs.
Editor (Newsletter) & teacher (English and Mathematics) Adult Education South Shore Reading Council (Laubach Literacy of Canada).