GARY S. ROSENFELD
Henderson, NV 89074
• 4+ years with Sky River Management as Facilities Security Manager/Protective Service Specialist for a Forbes Top 100 family in Henderson, NV
• 1+ year with PSE, Philadelphia PA as Security System Design/Project Manager
• 25 years with the New Jersey Department of Corrections -.Extensive experience in management and supervisory assignments related to correction operations and professional training programs
SKY RIVER MANAGEMENT, Henderson, NV
Facilities Security Manager 2007 – August 2008
• Manages a full time staff of 14 uniformed security officers and supervisors for a multi-million dollar private residence
• Manages residence protective and physical security procedures.
• Conducts security advances for any high profile or publicized event. Assesses threat levels, completes security reports and makes recommendation to management regarding any security risks.
• Develops and implements operational policies and procedures.
• Oversees formalized training of uniformed and civilian staff in security operations and electronic security equipment. Provides expertise in maintenance and installation of electronic security systems including CCTV, DVR, perimeter detection (buried & radio frequency), access control, portable and trunked radio systems, hardwired burglar alarm systems.
• Oversees a full time call center operation responsible for monitoring world events and situations which could impact clients and business entities.
Property Manager/Security Manager 2005 – 2007
• Maintained security function at various private properties and vehicles for principal owner.
• Coordinated and interacted with various vendors and trade associations in the maintenance and repair of residence and vehicles.
Protective Services Specialist 2004 – 2005
• Provided protective and physical security coordination for a principal family
• Traveled extensively both domestically and internationally with principal family to provide protective services
• Monitored media and public sources to determine current events that would impact client risk or threat; established liaison with local and state police agencies to monitor risk assessment; overseen transportation security for principals and family as required
Professional Systems Engineering, Philadelphia, PA
Security Systems Design Manager 2003 – 2004
• Provided operational and security design expertise in the development, recommendation presentation and construction of security projects which included new or enhanced systems for Northern State Prison, NJ; Merrimack County Jail, NH, and the Clarke Fauquier Frederick Winchester Regional Adult Detention Center in Winchester, VA.
Gary Rosenfeld Page 2
NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS, Various Locations
Chief Mountainview Correctional Facility 2000 -2002 - Retired
Chief Central Reception & Assignment 1996 - 2000
Captain Bureau of Training 1993 - 1996
Captain Northern State Prison 1990 - 1993
Lieutenant Northern State Prison 1987 - 1990
Lieutenant Mid-State Correctional Facility 1982 - 1986
Sergeant Mountainview Correctional Facility 1982 - 1986
Officer Mountainview Correctional Facility 1977 - 1982
• Served as Director of Custody Operations with responsibility for the overall operations of the custody staff and various work units including satellite facilities. The facility houses approximately 1380 inmates and includes a full minimum unit and work camp.
• Directly supervised 345 uniformed staff and 18 non-uniformed employees.
• Developed and implemented effective work policies and procedures, adequate staffing standards, recruitment and selection of officers and other supervisory and/or custody positions.
• Conducted grievance hearings with labor organizations and/or individuals; conducted investigations regarding violations of rules and regulations by custodial staff members.
• Provided recommendations regarding proposed prison structure and physical plant improvements
• In an adjunct capacity, taught selected courses and instructs specialized training programs at New Jersey’s Corrections Staff Training Academy and various Police Academies.
• Served as Chief at the State’s Prison Reception Unit with responsibility for the intake and processing of inmates sentenced by the courts to one of the states fifteen correctional facilities.
• Served as Administrative/Operations Captain with responsibility for managing operations at New Jersey’s Corrections Staff Training Academy. Supervised a faculty that included four lieutenants, five sergeants, nine senior officers and adjunct instructors.
• Served as Administrative Captain in charge of Northern State’s Administrative Close Supervision Units. The units housed up to 324 male and 30 female inmates.
Trenton State College, Trenton, New Jersey
Delivered class presentations on the reality of the correctional setting for the college’s Introduction to Corrections
Police Product News Magazine, Carlsbad, California
Evaluated new products in the law enforcement field and wrote product reviews for a national monthly
publication. Also wrote general articles on corrections.
Rutgers University, Princeton Forrestal Center, Princeton, New Jersey
Certified Public Manager Program, Levels 1 – III
Certified Public Manager Program, Levels IV – VI
Orange County Community College, Middletown, New York
Criminal Justice and Police Science, 9 credits
Mercer County Community College, Trenton, New Jersey
Corrections Training, 5 credits
St. Francis College, Brooklyn, New York
Criminal Justice and Police Science, 15 credits
Gary Rosenfeld Page 3
New Jersey Corrections Staff Training Academy
State Basic Officers Training Suicide Prevention
State Advanced Officers Training Red Cross First Aid/CPR Instructor
Practical Law for Corrections, 1980 Defensive tactics Instructor
Dealing with the Retarded Offenders, 1981 ASP Collapsible Baton Instructor
First Line Supervisors School, 1983 PR-24 Sidehandle Baton Instructor
Supervisory Development Seminar, 1985 Straight Baton Instructor
Training Academy Certificate, New York City Police Department
Narcotics and Controlled Substances Course, Mercer County Sheriff’s Department
Substance Abuse Conference, Administrative Office of the Courts, State of New Jersey
Street Survival seminar, Temple University Criminal Justice Department
Seminar on Terrorism, Essex County Sheriff’s Office
Correctional Security Computer Applications, KIDDE Automated Systems
Instant evidence Seminar, Ocean Township Police Department
Incident Command System, New Jersey State Police
Physical Conditional Instructor Course, New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice
Methods of Instruction Certificate, New Jersey Police Training Commission
Trainers Development Course, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Aerosol Projector Instructor, Defense Technology, Plainfield, New Jersey
Expandable Baton Instructor, Armament Systems “ASP”, Temple University
Police Mountain Bike Riders Course, International Police Mountain Bike Association
First Responder Course, American Red Cross
Civil Liability for Police Managers, Somerset County Police Academy
Performance Appraisal Review Development, Bergen County Police Academy
Training Management in the Law Enforcement Agency, New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice
Union Contract Negotiations for Managers
Vance International Executive Protection Training Program
Firearms qualified permitted concealed carry in all 50 states by order of Federal Law HR-218 Law Enforcement Weapons Act
Firearms Expert Award, New Jersey Department of Corrections
Five Year recognition Award for Perfect Attendance
Perfect Attendance Awards, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2001
New Jersey Department of Personnel, Meritorious Service Award, World Trade Center Response Team
New Jersey State Senate and General Assembly Joint Resolution Recognition Award
ASIS- Industrial Security Member
Associate Member, American Correctional Association
New Jersey Narcotics Enforcement Officers Association
New Jersey State Policeman’s Benevolent Association, Gold Life Member
New Jersey Police Physical Conditioning Instructors Association