Medical Billing Specialist
Detail oriented quality focused professional billing specialist. Successful track record handling complicated assignments. Highly experienced In reconciling insurance and patient payments and resolving account disputes. Dedicated to maintaining strict patient confidentiality.
• Medical Insurance
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Phone Skills
• Claim Entry & Payment Posting & Bankruptcy
• Records Organization & Management
• Insurance & Attorney Request
• HIPAA Compliance
• Online Claim Submission
Customer Service/Collections, XAM and MAX, 11/2011 to Present
Patient Account Specialist, Cbiz MMP, 11/2007 to 07/2011.
Client Specialist II, St. Johns Hospital, 11/2000 to 3/2005.
General Sales, Avis Rent-a-Car, 05/1999 to 11/2000.
Customer Service, First Data, 03/1997 to 04/19999
Responsibilities & Results:
• Experienced billing for Radiology, Lab, Pathology
• Ensure claims are entered and submitted
• Accurately apply payments to patient accounts
• Post and reconcile insurance and patient payments. Research and resolve incorrect payments, EOB rejections, and other issues with outstanding accounts
• Insure accuracy of insurance claims.
• Submission of electronic claims to clearinghouse.
• Retrieve Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA's)
• Send secondary claims upon processing of primary insurance, bankruptcy and attorney request
• Answer and resolve patient billing inquires
• Follow up on Insurance and patient aging. Re-submit insurance claims as necessary
• Knowledgeable in timely filing restrictions
• Insure office practices are in compliance with HIPAA regulations
Experienced in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook),Cubs, Imagine, Vital Works, Meditech, Medicaid, Medicare, Scanner, Fax, Copy
Diploma - Tulsa Central High School, Tulsa, OK, 1995
Tulsa Community College - Tulsa, OK 2005