Ruwan Dhammika Perera
P.O. Box *****, Manama, Bahrain
Tel: +973 17290987
Mobil: +973 39382360
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a highly professional and dedicated person with over 16 years experience, background in Mechanical Engineering estimation, fabrication, designing and planning. I gift with strong analytical and practical field engineering skills. I have proven track record of minimizing the costs of a project and enhancing value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. I possess excellent foresight and the ability to plan ahead when working on construction projects. I am Currently looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic, ambitious and growing company to forge a career as a first class Quantity Surveyor / Estimator / Mechanical Engineer.
Key Skills And Competencies
• Experience of the Pre & Post construction tenders & of dealing with procurement issues.
• Experience of working on construction engineering projects.
• Experience at Section QS level.
• Excellent knowledge of conceptual and deterministic estimations covering all the estimate classification classes & value monitoring systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge about value engineering applications and risk management.
• Working knowledge of project planning and scheduling.
• Ability to handle commercial procedures.
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor (November 2009 – To Date)
Aluminium Services W.L.L. – Bahrain (Market leader in Bahrain, undertakes multi storey building façade works and the main fabricator of TECHNAL Aluminium System.)
• Responsible for material take off for ongoing/tender projects aluminium works extending from curtain walls, doors, windows, frameless gazing and cladding to high-rise buildings and various other complicated façades solutions. Working experience with Technal, Reynaers, Schuco & Balexco aluminium systems.
• Preparing BOQ and contracts, detailed quantity take-offs, progress payments, variation order, claims for extension of time & compensation for submission to general contractor and consultants.
• Calculating system materials and non system materials separately and checking the availability at factory stores before making material order forms. Coordinating with Purchase Department to arrange the materials as per the schedules.
• Keeping close contact with project executing team to bring down the project cost and developing strong relationships with the clients, consultants and contractors.
• Sound knowledge of Technal Aluminium System and using Tecch Design / LogicP4 software’s for materials and price calculations for estimation and ordering purpose.
• Assisting in project planing, manpower, equipment scheduling and other contractual issues.
• Preparing cost and quantity summery reports and keeping update tracking schedules.
Quantity Surveyor / Estimator (October 2004 – September 2009)
Specialized Aluminium & Steel Co. (Sasco) - Qatar and Abu Dahbi
(SASCO is one of the leading groups of companies in Middle Este focusing main business in construction, aluminium fabrication and steel fabrication. The group has presence in six countries, spearheaded hub in Qatar.)
• Materials take off over, estimating, sub contracting, making quotations for tenders and ongoing projects aluminium and glazing works extending from curtain walls, doors, windows, frameless gazing to high rise building and other complicated façade solutions. Work experience of Gutmann German System, Technal France, Gulf Extrusion and Al Jabar.
• Communicated/co-ordinated with the entire project team which includes – SASCO staff, consultants and project contractors.
• Took part for meetings with consultants and contractors to discuss financial and technical matters to finalize quotations.
• Suggested proposals to design team to make shop drawings.
• Assisted and helped project engineers to solve the problems at site.
• Guided factory workers to do fabrication when they want assistance.
• Maintained all estimated and awarded projects documents accuratley.
• Produced monthly cost & value reports, quarterly reports & cash flow information.
• Prepared tender and contract documents.
Technical Executive (March 2002 To September 2004)
Haycarb Ltd. (Sri Lanka) (World market leaders in activated carbon manufacturing)
• Keeping update production machinery by attending break down and preventive maintenance.
• Machinery installation and commission, modifications, research and development work.
• Purchasing machinery, tools and spare parts.
Estimator / Quantity Surveyor / Design Engineer (June 1999 To August 2001)
Asamco Aluminium System (Saudi Arabia)
• Material take off over, estimating, sub contracting, making quotations for tenders and ongoing projects related to aluminium and glazing works extending from curtain walls, cladding, doors, windows, frameless gazing to all range of buildings.
• Communicate/co-ordinate with the entire project team which includes – ASAMCO staff, consultants and project contractors.
Assistant Engineer (June 1993 To June 1999)
Dimo Auto Industries (Sri Lanka) (German collaborate bus body building plant for local and export market)
• Designing and manufacturing of Parts, Jigs, Fixtures, Template etc. for buses.
• Time and motion studies to make production plans.
• Factory planning, capacity planning, setting production schedules, facility planning and material management.
• Assisting to maintenance department by making maintenance schedules and ordering machinery and accessories.
• Making annual budget report and production forecast.
Technical Officer (October 1992 To May 1993)
Alucraft (Pvt) Ltd. (Sri Lanka) (All kinds of aluminium roller shutters and lorry body building company)
• Solving technical problems and labour controlling.
• Dealing with customers and proposing suitable designs for their requirements.
• Materials procurement and stock maintaining.
• Higher National Diploma (HND) in Production Engineering.
Full time English medium Higher National Diploma (HND) in Engineering course under the guide lines of BTECH, UK with additional six months implant training in 1992 in the field of Mechanical Production Engineering.
• Engineering Council (UK) Examination.
Completed Engineering Council (UK) Examination Part 2 (A) & (B) in the field of Mechanical Engineering in May 2002.
• Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
Non Destructive Testing (NDT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT) Level 1 at Atomic Energy Authority.
• Sucessfully complted Computer Hardware Engineering course.
• Industrial training at Colombo Dockyard (Pvt.) Ltd and Premier Engineering Ltd.
• The Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE) International
Member, Membership ID: 76310, and also member of the Australian section.
• The Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE), Sri Lanka.
Associate Member (AMIEE), Membership No. AM 0063.
• The Institution of Automotive Engineers, Sri Lanka.
Associate Member (AMIAE), Membership No. 722.
• Address in Sri Lanka : No. 06, Goluwapokuna Mawatha, Bolawalana, Negombo
• Date of Birth : 02 February, 1967
• Civil Status : Single
• Sex : Male
• Interests : Cricket and Aircrafts
• Nationality : Sri Lankan
• Mr. Jomy Joseph
SASCO Abu Dhabi Division former General Manager
• Mr. Francis Jayawardana
ASAMCO Aluminium System
P.O. Box 1619, Al Kobar 31952
Tel: +966 *******/8571556, Mobile: +966 505877846
Construction Engineering / Staking
United States - surveyor, gps, aramco, mine, offset, c, pre,...
Project Manager Construction
United States - surveyor, missouri, estimator, kansas, general,...
United States - surveyor, defence, asphalt, land, pakistan, auto,...
United States - surveyor, land, street, land surveyor, gps,...
United States - surveyor, ro, computing, user, projects, link,...
Customer Service High School
United States - surveyor, lake, oriented, crown, examiner,...
Project Manager Service
- surveyor, land, pipeline, manager, project, baker,...