OBJECTIVE: Quality Engineer/ Supplier Management
1. 7 years manufacturing/engineering experience with solid mechanical engineering background.
2. 3 years of production management experience as a production supervisor.
3. 10 years quality engineering experience as an ASQ certified Quality Engineer.
4. 2 years cost saving and manufacturing process improvement experience as an ASQ certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
5. Good problem solving skills, self-motivated and good team player.
6. Fluent in Mandarin and English.
Company: Tyco USA (July.2006-2008) Tyco Canada (2008-July, 2012)
Title: Product Quality engineer and Import/Supplier Quality engineer
1. Investigate root cause for non-conformance rejected by external customer and prepare corrective action 8D report to customer in 10 business days.
2. Correspond customer request (such as PPAP, application questions etc.) in a timely manner.
3. Review customer RMA request and disposition the customer returns.
4. Review/follow up corrective action report and assure that all the actions had been implemented.
5. Get involves in the daily manufacturing/quality issue (NMR, deviation, and engineering change request) and disposition the non-conformance material on the production floor.
6. Create the receiving inspection plan and maintain the SAR (stock as received) list for stamping, plating, injection molding and finish assembly parts based on each supplier performance and part# supplied.
7. Publish supplier (internal and external) scorecard based on delivery data and quality data.
8. Conduct the scorecard review meeting with each supplier (internal and external) in Asia and follow up the improvement plan.
9. Act as a key member in product migration process. Review TAR (tool approval form) prior to the manufacturing location change and assure the safe launch procedure is properly followed.
10. Play a six sigma black belt role to coach external supplier for a cost saving project.
Company: Camtac MFG - A Linamar Company (2002-July.2006)
Title: Quality Engineer/CMM programmer
1. Act as a key member of the new product PPAP submission team and prepare the PPAP package such as Control Plan, MSA, SPC, part layout, PFEMA and CPK study to customer.
2. Investigate the root cause of customer (Caterpillar USA) returns/complaints and work closely with engineering and production to take corrective/preventive action.
3. Review and disposition nonconforming material daily on the production line as a member of MRB (Material Review Board).
4. Create receiving inspection plan for the in-coming die casting parts received from suppliers.
5. Provide training to QA technician to properly operate Coordinate Measuring Machine, surface analyzer and shadowgraph etc.
6. Create CMM programs (Zeiss) for all the product receiving and in process inspection.
Company: HUANGHAI (CHINA) AUTO MANUFACTURING LTD (July 1994-2001)
Title: Mechanical engineer/Quality Engineer/Production supervisor
1. Establish/maintain engineering documents on various products/tooling.
2. Identify critical process input variables and set the parameters based on the DOE to make current process robust/less variation.
3. Get involved in the internal tooling design for tooling cost saving project.
4. Review/disposition nonconforming product as a key engineering member of MRB
5. Responsible for a workshop production as a supervisor.
6. Provide blue print reading training and safety training to operators.
7. Introduce the lean concept (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen and error proofing) to the plant in order to eliminate the waste.
8. Conduct internal audit periodically as a member of audit team.
Shenyang Polytechnic University (CHINA) Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering 1994
Supplier audit training at Harrisburg USA in 2007
6-Sigma Black Belt training in Canada 2004
FEMA, 8D, PPAP, APQP, MSA, CONTROL PLAN, TS16949 and DOE training during 2002-2004
Coordinate Measuring Machine programming (ZEISS basic and advanced) training at Brighton MI Lean manufacturing (kaizen, 5S, Kanban, JIT, poke-yoke and VSM) and Visio training in 2001 Quality engineering/SPC and Minitab (software) training in 2001
CNC (milling) and AUTOCAD training in 2000
Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ Certificate#44572) in 2001
Certified 6-Sigma Black Belt (ASQ Certificate# 3098) in 2004