Pattie L. Ross-Walls, M.B.A
Mansfield, TX 76063
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Budgeting (Operational and Capital) Monthly Close
Forecasting GAAP Compliance
General Ledger Audit & Tax Preparation
Financial Statements Financial Modeling
Financial Analysis Strategic Planning
Dallas HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, Dallas TX 2007-2008
HealthSouth is one on the nation’s largest healthcare services providers with facilities nationwide. Their services include Inpatient Rehabilitation, Outpatient Rehabilitation and Home Health Services.
• Directed and supervised the complete accounting system and financial functions of the hospital. This included charges, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and supply chain, forecasting and budgeting.
• Advised the CEO of key financial and operational issues.
• Worked closely with the CEO and the Director of Marketing to research and develop new product lines for the hospital.
• Worked closely with Chief Nursing Officer to reduce nursing hours per patient days which resulted in a 20% reduction in overtime.
• Used historical data and emerging trends to forecast operational revenues and expenses.
• Monitored daily the progress of performance goals.
• Ensured policies and procedures were incorporated into daily hospital activities.
Texas Health Resources, Arlington, TX 2001-2006
Chief Financial Officer/Director of Finance
Texas Health Resources (THR) is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and it is the largest health care system in North Texas. THR has 13 hospitals with 2,624 available hospital beds and employs more than 13,000 people. In 2006, THR provided more than $76 million in charity care.
• Served as Chief Financial Officer/Director of Finance and interim CFO concurrently for multiple locations within the Texas Health Resource System.
• Prepared the annual Operating and Capital budget.
• Prepared the 5 year strategic plan through use of a financial modeling program and ensured that the financial, hospital and diversity plans all reconciled.
• Managed the Admissions, Accounts Payable, HIS, Accounting and Decision Support departments with an expense budget of over $1.7 million.
• Developed and implemented financial operations, productivity and budget training for all new managers.
• Worked closely with the President and Leadership team to provide direction to achieve annual Key Performance indicators.
• Realigned job duties to improve segregation of duties.
• Developed worksheet to improve the reporting of daily activities.
• Prepared special financial reports and communicated the hospital’s financial performance to the President, Vice President of Finance, Senior Vice President of Operations, Board of Trustees, Physicians, Leadership Council and Leadership Team.
Pattie Ross-Walls, page 2
• Analyzed operations and made staffing or process improvement recommendations.
• Prepared annual audit, tax and cost report supporting schedules.
• Reviewed and prepared balance sheet reconciliations monthly in accordance with GAAP.
• Ensured proper capitalization and depreciation of assets. This included managing the capital budget.
• Prepared daily, monthly and annual financial projections for the President.
• Special projects as assigned.
Columbia/HCA, Houston, TX 1998-2001
HCA operates 181 hospitals and 200 outpatient centers in 23 states. HCA employs over 200,000 people. HCA affiliated hospitals in Houston is one of the largest healthcare providers in the city.
• Planned, organized and directed all aspects of the financial operations for the Accounting, Accounts Payable and Payroll Staff.
• Prepared the annual operating budget and analyses.
• Prepared the monthly actual to budget variance analyses for Senior Leadership.
• Prepared and calculated quarterly physician’s bonuses based upon productivity.
• Prepared and reviewed the monthly journal entries, general ledger and account reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
• Prepared and reviewed financial statements, board packages and projections.
• Supervised Accounts Payable, Payroll and Senior Accountant.
• Performed due diligence for all new physician arrangements.
• Analyzed practices and their operation indicators to determine best demonstrated practices as well as areas for improvement.
• Assisted and educated Practice Managers with the interpretation of the financial statements for the monthly operation meetings.
Memorial Hermann/Sisters of Charity, Houston, TX 1997-1998
• Promoted within 4 months.
• Prepared consolidated financial statements.
• Analyzed and prepared monthly actual to budget variance analysis for upper management.
• Coordinated the process necessary to ensure the accurate and timely closing of the general ledger at month end.
• Assisted in the auditing and budget process.
• Prepared and reviewed balance sheet reconciliations.
Prairie View A&M University Texas Southern University
Masters of Business Administration Bachelor of Business Administration
Business, 2001 Accounting, 1993
Texas Southern University
Bachelor of Business Administration