Terry L Craig Home 609-***-****
Little Egg Harbor, NJ 08087 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished IT Technical Director with success in medium to large-scale, complex strategic IT technology solutions, systems integration and migration, program management, performance testing, technology delivery and operations. Known for strong leadership and technology know-how. Capable of leading strategic architecture planning and execution, global business operations and enterprise program and change management. Blends innovative integrative thinking with excellent communications skills. Responds creatively to change driven by dynamic marketplace. Proven ability to create vision, develop a cohesive plan and influence decision makers. Demonstrated ability to build high performing project teams, interface with customers and vendors and implement initiatives to support business objectives.
Project Management Change Management
Business and Data Analysis Vendor management (Onshore/Offshore Resources)
Quality Assurance/Performance Management System Operations & Infrastructure management (CMMi)
Knowledge of Unix, MVS, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Oracle, Sybase, IMS, C++, JAVA, J2EE, Webservices, Scripting, Siebel, Cobol
Vonage, Holmdel, NJ 2009 –present
Providing project management for the Billing, Finance and Fraud IT department. Performing end to end project management tracking resources, timelines, issues, tracking progress and completing milestones on time and within budget for both the rebuild and major enhancements for IVR and the Amdocs conversion projects. Hands on experience using Agile methods and utilizing Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint. Proven experience managing implementations for large cross functional Projects Programs including IVR with strong leadership and negotiation skills. Projects use a variety of technologies, JAVA, Webservices, Tomcat, Linux, Oracle, MySql, Amdocs platform, .NET
Amdocs/AT&T, St. Louis, MO (based out of Morristown) 2008 -2009
Senior Technical Director/PM
Provided leadership for innovative software and service solutions designed to assist companies build stronger, more profitable customer relationships. Created and managed team of system engineers to build and support five applications, one a mission critical web base system, to replace and interface with legacy systems. Responsible for the creation and tracking of all development and production deliverables. Functions covered include:
- End to end project management leading the entire software development life cycle, tracking large complex projects to small fix-it projects using work breakdown structures, establishing schedules, assigning personnel, managing budgets, tracking progress and completing all milestones per requirements on time and within budget. Used project management processes to identify risks and establish plans to resolve issues and risks.
- Managed and accepted ownership and responsibility for accurate User requirements, product delivery and for related project gaps and problem solving, ability to identify obstacles to progress and appropriate takes action.
- Monitor and provided communications of status to all levels of management, business clients, peers and team by reports and presentations.
- A team player who partners with business clients to understand the requirements and ensure business needs are well defined and deployed using the service delivery model.
These systems were web base desktop applications that successfully consolidated customer account, sales, billing and collections aid information from various legacy systems at the time a call is delivered. The result to the end user was approximately 40% reduction in talk time. The team was built with onshore employees and offshore resources using a third party vendor. After implementation led a production operations team covering 24 X 7 support, as well as managing budgets, scheduling and resources.
AT&T, Morristown, NJ 1985 - 2008
Senior Technical Director /PM/District Manager, Operations & Help Desk
- Managed a production operations team for a 24/7 client server consumer applications supporting local ordering, provisioning and billing infrastructure for mission critical systems while following production operations best practices. Effectively managed all issues and partnered with interfacing systems to created pro-active plans to avoid future outages. Managed the release management team who work closely with application design and development, and testing to ensure releases passed quality gates and were installed efficiently for the internal customer. Led fix-it projects and projects associated with risk including disaster recovery, failover and business continuity projects. Responsible for budgets including hardware, software, licenses and expense for IT projects and resources. Provided status and metrics to management and technical leads for all productions activities. During this time reduced staff by 50% with 30+% in the last year while maintaining high level of support and meeting or exceeding all metrics and service level agreements. Established and enhanced service level agreements, measures, metrics to improve efficiency, methods and quality by working closely with management and the Business clients. Reduced cost by approximately $250K managing to outsource part of the functions offshore.
- Repair and Maintenance system. A cost effective Siebel base (Microsoft server) application providing users the ability to handle consumer wireline, DSL, VoIP issues by creating trouble tickets, conduction line test and scheduling truck roles. Conducted client meetings to define and review requirements. Project manage through the end to end processes and tracking all complex to small projects, schedules and budgets reduced cost by 40% by consolidating servers and negotiating contracts while maintaining high level of system availability and exceeding customer expectations. Generated a $500K savings with Siebel/Oracle by re-negotiating the contract to half the original contract cost.
District Manager for consumer ordering and provisioning suite of applications for local, long distance, DSL and VoIP. During this time had oversight of team that performed various roles including:
o Project management across multiple disciplines including, client server, mainframe, UNIX, Siebel by tracking and scheduling all design, business requirements, analysis, trouble ticket process and resolutions in addition to managing a 3rd party vendor.
o Led end to end process including negotiation with a third party vendor to build and train a team of 18 to create and execute all integration code to consolidate customer data into a single platform to handle all consumer local ordering and shutting down legacy platform saving approximately $1M in the first year.
o Managed the projects to create documentation and then test the Risk Management (Business Continuity), Disaster Recovery, backup and recovery, SOX and CPNI plans resulting in secured data and a successful test and certification.
o Performed architecture responsibilities for reengineering of systems to re-enter consumer local wireline and high speed internet markets. This included end-to-end architecture for unbundled network elements, cable telephone and wireless systems creating a new gateway application, a $5M project that could process over 100,000 pre-order and order transactions per day.
o Lead IT member of negotiation team with local exchange carriers to establish industry wide interface for pre-order. Established appropriate system solutions for our applications. The result was a quick to market approach.
- Extensive experience in hiring, training, development of team and performing all appraisals.
BA College of Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
Certificate, Computer Programmer Chubb Institute, Parsippany, NJ
Project Management (AT&T certified), Leadership, Performance Management, Conflict Resolution, Business Writing, Effective Communications, Cultural Diversity (member of Diversity Counsel)
Member of IT Specialist
Member of HC Technology Group
Member of Non-Profit Community Groups