Cell - 815-***-****
Summary of Qualifications
Over 20 years of successful experience in property management, sales, marketing and staff management. Consistently make significant contributions to corporate goals for business growth and profits. Created, implemented and managed productive marketing plan for tangibles and intangibles.
Customer-driven focus: Built strong business partnerships, maximized account retention and improved customer loyalty.
Team-oriented: Recruited, motivated, and managed productive sales and sales support teams.
Regional Property Manager, Foresite Realty Partners, LLC. Rosemont, IL
8/10 to Present
• Oversee multi-family portfolio consisting of around 4,000 units in Michigan, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Iowa and Illinois that are in Receivership, REO or Fee Managed.
• Properties range from B Class to Distressed. I work closely with the owners or lenders to bring the properties up to code or market for a lease up.
• Follow court orders or management agreements on reporting and guidelines set within.
• Work closely with owners, courts and Lenders on setting objectives for the properties including, large capital projects, budgets, weekly reporting, staffing, sales, marketing and oversight of daily operations.
• Travel weekly/monthly to properties to ensure objectives are being met, property inspections, staff follow-up, auditing, and overall property performance.
• Staff properties with talented office personnel, leasing, maintenance and accounting. Meet with vendors and contractors to negotiate property needs and pricing.
• Work with insurance companies on renewing new terms along with previous and current claims that have occurred at the property.
• Ensure Real Estate taxes have been paid and tax appeals are in process.
Regional Property Manager, Penobscot Management, LLC. Schaumburg, IL
8/04 – 8/10
• Portfolio of 2,811 conventional multi-family units located in Naperville, Downers Grove, Schaumburg, Palatine and Buffalo Grove. The properties are garden-style and high-rise. The largest property in the portfolio consisted of 900 units located in five mid-rises and one high-rise with some commercial space.
• Review property performance with each manager and discuss areas of improvement.
• Conducted monthly meetings with management staff to discuss operations, best practices, policies and company performance.
• Recruited and hired strong on-site management teams through coaching, inspiration and motivation.
• Develop strategies to improve performance at each property.
• Review financials with managers and owners to ensure we are meeting or exceeding budget guidelines. Review variances and property needs.
• Create and implement operating procedures.
• Oversee all aspects of advertising and marketing.
• Set up successful training program and mentor program.
• Designed website for myperfectplace.com.
• Negotiated contracts with vendors to obtain quality work at a price that would stay within the budget.
• Create yearly revenue budget and assist Managers with expense portion of budgets. Review all capital expense items with managers and owners.
• Address any resident complaints regarding properties and/or personnel, enforcing leasing contracts and property regulations.
• Complete an annual comprehensive inspection of each property.
Property Manager, Lincoln Property Company/Equity Residential
9/01 – 7/04
Landings of Lake Zurich, Lake Zurich, IL (4/04 – 7/04)
City View at the Highlands, Lombard, IL (10/3 – 4/04)
• Oversee elements of construction of new property in Lombard, including scheduling and communication with weekly construction meetings.
• Oversee all aspects of lease up. Set competitive rents in a soft market while building value.
• Hired and trained successful Leasing and Maintenance staff.
Lincoln at Ovaltine Court, Villa Park, IL (7/3 – 10/03)
• Oversee new loft building including some garden style along with 20,000 square feet of office space.
The Landings of Lake Zurich, Lake Zurich, IL (9/1 – 7/03)
• Oversee all operations of a new construction luxury property.
• Received “Property Excellence Award” in 2002.
• Marketed and maintained a mid ninety percent occupancy with a leased percentage between 90% and 100%, in a soft market. Delinquency is consistently less than .5%. Renewal conversions are 75% or higher, with sales staff closing percentage of 60% and higher.
• Raised rents, to achieve revenue higher than budgeted for fiscal year end, while maintaining budget for all operations.
• Motivate and drive staff to maintain property to the highest levels of quality and customer service.
Branch Manager, Fellows Placement, Inc. Buffalo Grove, IL
11/99 – 9/1
• Promoted within three months from Direct Hire Consultant to Sales Manager for Buffalo Grove Branch
• 2001 “Office of the Quarter” for second quarter. Most profitable office in IL.
• Responsible for researching and marketing services to build client portfolio by cold calling, outside sales, targeted marketing campaign and client visits
• Maintain sales targets for team to achieve and exceed sales goals
• Recruit and assess skills of talented candidates for presentation to employers
• Negotiate salary terms and fees with the client and candidate
• Develop individual sales plan for each team member
• Motivate, train and develop sales and recruitment team
• Oversee target client contracts and sales process
• Develop existing client to eighty percent market share
• Second highest profitable branch in the region with smaller sales force. Brought in over 2.7 million in sales in 2000.
Property Manager, F & F Realty, LTD., Palatine, IL
2/98 – 11/99
• Responsible for hiring and training sales and maintenance staff.
• Responsible for daily operations of leasing office including, rentals, application approval and negotiations for 320 unit property.
• Responsible for overall operational budget including delinquency, rent collection, and overall budgets. Assisted in the yearly budget preparations.
• Responsible for Accounts payables, profit and loss ledgers and collections.
• Maintained occupancy rate at high levels while increasing market rents up to forty percent. 95% of turnover in property due to increase and delinquency at time of acquisition. Maintained 96% occupancy while renovations and turnover took place.
• Oversee extensive renovations to the interior and exterior of the property while overseeing the coordination and scheduling of work with staff of twenty-seven.
• Responsible for continued training of leasing staff and research of market to stay competitive.
Currently studying for Brokers License
Harrington College Chicago, IL. Graduated in 1991 (emphasis in Architecture/Business)
1998 Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS)
Strong computer skills including, various rent roll software, Rent Manager, MRI, Yardi, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ACT, Internet.