Todd N. Senick
Dallas, TX **205
Number and detail oriented individual with strong character and experience in detailed financial analysis using different valuation methodologies. Experience in all aspects of the capital markets industry.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
LIFE CIRQUE LLC
• Developed Executive Summary for presentation to potential investors
• Refine completed Business Plan
• Perform pro-forma modeling
• Responsible for capital raising efforts of the company
August 2010- Present
• Retained by hedge funds to assist with short selling research ideas and implementing portfolio strategy on short ideas
• Ideas are either directed by clients or researched without directives of clients
• Intense bottom up fundamental approach with a strong focus on cash flow and balance sheet strength
• Ideas are confirmed through channel checks with competitors, surveys, and in some instances one on one discussions with management
• Create valuation models for all companies that were targeted as short sale candidates
INDEPENDENT INVESTMENT BROKER
REGISTERED REPRESENTATIVE OF WILLIAMS FINANCIAL GROUP
February 2004 – July 2010
• Performed extensive fundamental analysis and qualitative due diligence on companies of all sizes for presentation to hedge fund or long only clients for inclusion in client portfolios.
• Due diligence consists of performing channel checks of companies by contacting suppliers, distributors and talking to competitors.
• Performed wide-ranging fundamental analysis looking at companies from a competitive perspective as well as valuation perspective.
• Long ideas that have been researched include spin-offs, restructurings, and recapitalizations. Short ideas are typically one product companies, or identifying balance sheet issues, and frauds.
• Marketed alternative investments and private placements to ultra high net worth investors and family offices
CASCATA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC
Cascata Long/Short Fund
June 2005 –Dec 2006
• Co-Founded Cascata Long/Short Fund.
• Primary responsibility was developing “short ideas” for inclusion in the fund. Performed wide-ranging fundamental analysis on companies from a competitive perspective as well as a valuation perspective.
• Conducted all trading activity of the fund including execution and trade settlement detail.
• 2006 returns for short portfolio positions were about 9.4%.
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT/RESEARCH ANALYST
ROBERTSON OPPORTUNITY CAPITAL
September 2001 – January 2003
• Produced ideas focusing primarily on short ideas for presentation to the Portfolio Manager and Director of Investments.
• Managed those short positions within the fund with oversight from Portfolio Manager. Performed marketing duties for Robertson Opportunity Fund, at its peak a $100mm long/short value oriented opportunistic fund.
• Responsibilities included raising and retaining assets from high net-worth individuals and institutional customers including fund of funds and family offices and consultants.
• Coordinated all marketing activities by preparing marketing materials, client presentations and coordinating road shows to institutional prospects.
• Managed some compliance tasks with NASD registrations and assisted in preparation of legal documents for renaming and restructuring of original fund in late 2001 when the name was Richmont Opportunity Fund.
SENIOR VP-MARKETING ANALYST
THOMAS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
January 2001- June 2001
• Performed detailed research on companies and industries, constructing detailed financial models paying close attention to financial statements in particular balance sheets and cash flow statements.
• Primary emphasis of analytical work was involved in analyzing securities with an emphasis on short-selling recommendations.
• Performed marketing duties for Thomas Apis Fund, an $8.4mm long short market neutral equity hedge fund.
• Created a marketing program to contacts developed over the last ten years of being in the investment business.
• Constructed a database of consultants, fund of funds and other institutional investors.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY SALES AND TRADING
SANDLER O’NEILL & PARTNERS, CHICAGO, IL
July 2000-December 2000
• Provided equity research sales and trading ideas to institutions ranging from small hedge funds to $75 billion in asset money management firms and public funds.
• Coordinated meetings between our equity analysts and money management clients or potential money management clients.
• Coordinated meetings between management of researched publicly traded companies and money management firms.
• Communicated trading activities to buy side traders and tried to provide liquidity to major buy side trading desks.
PRIVATE CLIENT GROUP-HIGH NET WORTH BROKER
S.G. COWEN SECURITIES, CHICAGO, IL
July 1995-July 2000
• Developed and implemented investment strategies including equities, convertible bonds and options for high net worth individuals consisting of CEO’s, CFO’s and other officers and directors of publicly traded companies primarily in the technology field.
• Managed long/short portfolios for those individuals who understood the risks of short-selling. Implemented and developed strategies for restricted securities for officers and directors of publicly traded companies within the firms Special Account Group.
• Acted as exclusive agent for several corporations on their stock options and restricted securities exercises.
• Produced long and short recommendations for hedge funds of all sizes using S.G. Cowen research or research done on my own through extensive due diligence by developing financial models and doing competitive analysis on the peers.
PRIVATE CLIENT GROUP
THE CHICAGO CORPORATION, CHICAGO, IL
March 1992-July 1995
• Entry-level sales position as an investment executive.
• Built client relationships through presentation of investment ideas to individuals and small institutional money managers.
• Relationships were primarily developed through cold calling efforts. Developed an extensive knowledge of the equity capital markets.
• University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Bachelor of Business Administration-Finance, and diploma was received in June 1992.
• Enrolled in UT-Dallas Executive MBA program expected 2012 graduation.
• Excellent communication and research skills have been developed over the last 19 years from being in the investment industry.
• Extensive knowledge of all Microsoft business software applications.
• Excellent knowledge of Bloomberg, Instinet and general knowledge of other trading systems.
• Series 7, 63, and 65 registered.
Real Estate Management
Dallas, TX - portfolio, asset, estate, loan, regional,...
Portfolio Manager and Finance Professional
Mesquite, TX - income, fixed, investment, pension, analyzing,...
Project Portfolio Manager
Richardson, TX - lte, cat, leading, 3g, tester, ac, test, rf,...
Manager Microsoft Office
Dallas, TX - energy, fund, presentations, capital, research,...
Dallas, TX - wcf, .net, c#, js, api, agile, tier, sql, asp,...
Sales Account Executive
Dallas, TX - tier, account executive, broker, account, retail,...
Richardson, TX - edi, soa, integration, architect, b2b,...