Skilled project engineer with experience in the medical, automotive, and aircraft engine. Experience with plastic and metal components.
• Complex problem solving • Strategic planning
• Component functions/testing requirements • Team leadership
• Expert technical writing skills • Technical direction/product strategies
• Plastic and Metal injection molding • Tool, component and equip validations
• PCs and software competency • Work well in diverse team environment
• Capital and expense budgets
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Class 10000 clean room
• Collaborated with team of eight engineer in the development of FOCUS Project.
• Worked directly with internal and external customers, communication to upper management of progress, issues and accomplishments.
• Supervised team of three staff members.
• Used Microsoft Excel to develop tracking spreadsheets for tools and equipment.
• Created new departmental procedures manual.
• Wrote and edited documents to keep staff informed on policies and procedures.
• Documented and resolved components issues which led to positive results.
• Responsible for creative design for prominent FOCUS Project.
• Resolved product issue through consumer testing.
Lead engineers from feasibility, design, development, test and manufacturing of final product
Assisted designers in developing the structural design of products using computer-assisted design (CAD) equipment and software.
Analyzed system problems.
Conducted research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
Developed and tested models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
Ensured designs met manufacturability, testability and reliability criteria.
Planned, scheduled and coordinated detailed phases of a major project or in a total project system of moderate scope.
Set technical direction on complex projects to 1-3 Engineers.
Wrote and performed complex component tests.
• Devicor Medical: lead project engineer, 1 yr.
• Ethicon Endo Surgery: lead project engineer / development engineer, 5 plus yrs.
• GE Aviation: test facility engineer, 5 yrs.
• Precision Automation: automated equipment engineer, 2 yrs.
Tuskegee, AL, US
Bachelor of Science