WILLIAM E. BOLTON, JR.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
RISK MANAGEMENT…EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Successful Management professional developing and implementing succession plans, career development paths and organizational development strategies. Active participant in overall business strategic development plans. Collaborated with senior management to align systems within business goals, determine human capital needs and budgeting. Monitor domestic and international business practices to maintain legal compliance and handled change management during significant business transitions. Played a key role in cost savings initiatives. Spokesperson for civic and governmental affairs.
Director 2007 to Present
Corporate Secretary for a $244M Japanese Tier I Automotive supplier. Manage a staff of twenty-five professional associates in Corporate Planning, Accounting, Human Resources and Information Technology.
• Managed Domestic merger of three subsidiaries resulting in $1M+ annual savings.
• Initiated and managed the merger of corporate policies, 401(k) and health and welfare plans of three subsidiaries.
• Chaired Mitsui North America 401(k) pension committee overseeing $130M+ plan.
• Led J-SOX (Japan Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance activities.
• Implemented standardized product costing model resulting in forecasted increased profit margins.
• Mentored cross-functional team implementing a paperless Accounts Payable system.
• Facilitated plant shutdown resulting in $900K+ annual savings.
• Protected corporate assets through bankruptcy proceedings of two major customers.
Director 2000 to 2007
Human Resources and General Affairs
Direct all aspects of the Human Resource function in a non-union multi-state four (4) manufacturing facilities. Provide leadership and guidance to the organization to achieve optimum utilization of salaried and hourly associates.
• Restructured health and welfare plans resulting in $2M savings.
• Implemented a pay for performance system and a GECOM Incentive Plan.
• Co-Leader of cost reduction efforts and member of outsourcing team resulting in $5M annual savings.
• Consolidated Corporate Property & Casualty Insurances resulting in premium reductions of $125K+.
• Introduced and implemented GECOM University Training and Education program.
• Recruited and hired Senior Management team of Operations, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Materials.
Manager, Human Resources 1999 to 2000
• Initiated modifications to hiring practices resulting in staffing improvements.
• Redesigned Apprenticeship Programs in accordance with Department of Labor regulations.
• Revised Associate Handbook and Job Descriptions achieving consistency of company policy administration.
William E. Bolton, Jr. Page 2
Seneca Wire and Manufacturing Company 1996 to 1998
Manager, Human Resources
Managed all aspects of the Human Resources function. Administer the labor agreement; provide grievance and contractual interpretations and mediate disputes. Served as chief spokesperson at non-economic bargaining table.
• Implemented alternative work program resulting in reducing lost-time accidents by 50%.
• Guided supervisor training in support of manufacturing continuous operation.
Superior Valve Company 1995 to 1996
Division of Amcast Industrial Corporation
Manager, Human Resources
Managed Human Resources function of three professionals. Labor relations accountability included labor agreement administration. Administered staffing wage, salary and benefit programs. Managed worker’s compensation issues. Monitored company policies and programs to assure adherence to various employment laws and regulations including Affirmative Action.
• Participated in organizational redesign into business units resulting in 20% headcount reduction with $400K annual savings.
• Demonstrated management responsibilities achieving ISO9001 and QS9000 certification within 18 months.
• Implemented an aggressive safety program resulting in a 50% reduction in lost-time accidents and 40% reduction in recordable injuries.
• Reduced workers’ compensation expense by $100K through aggressive case management.
Oglebay Norton Company
Marine Transportation Division
Manager, Human Resources 1984 to 1994
Managed a department. Administered three labor agreements representing 400 employees within two companies. Supervised chemical testing, employee assistance, safety, Group Insurance Benefit Plan, training and other programs. Designated representative of grievance procedures. Member of company labor negotiating team. Provided guidance and recommendations to supervisors; mediated and resolved disputes and evaluated associate work performance.
• Reduced labor costs $700K annually and increased productivity by replacing the Seafarers International Union.
• Single-handedly negotiated amendments to labor agreements for expanded business opportunities and productivity improvements.
• Identified levels of staffing that exceeded the requirements of operation, resulting in trimming staffing with $1.6M cost savings annually.
• Appointed a trustee and board member for a multi-employer benefit plan with $400M plus assets with payments exceeding $100M annually.
Personnel Administrator 1979 to 1984
Supervised the hiring, discharge, promotion, discipline, vessel assignments, vacation scheduling and transfer practices of the unlicensed employees.
B.B.A. degree in Business Management, Cleveland State University, 1978
Concentration in Labor Relations and Personnel; Dean’s list recognition.
Muskingum College, New Concord, Ohio, 1972 to 1974
Concentration in Communications.