Experienced Bilingual English & Spanish Financial Professional with demonstrated ability in customer relations and problem solving, serving in Hotel, Retail, and Automobile Industries. Possesses excellent people and communication skills, able to multitask, meet deadlines, create and implement cost effective solutions with an ability to rapidly acquire technological knowledge. Key strengths include:
• Accounts Payable (AP)
• Accounts Receivable (AR)
• Vendor Management • Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Compliance
• Research and Analysis
• Payroll • Head Cashier
• Account Reconciliation
OFFICE DEPOT, Boca Raton, Florida 2006 – 2011
Global provider of office equipment, supplies and services with over 30,000 Associates on 4 continents and annual sales of $11B.
Debit Balance Specialist V (2007 – 2011)
Managed Vendors, researched and collected Vendor’s debit balance and collections of Post Audit receivables. Coordinated with each business owner in addressing discrepancy items and collected all Claims and Allowances before ending business relationship with Vendors. Administered deactivation of Vendors and Payment hold by managing “No longer Doing Business” Vendors and Vendors noncompliant with (SOX) for not having Trade Vendor Purchasing Agreement on file. Provided reporting on Vendors with No Activity over 18 months.
• Trained and facilitated position replacement (Cap Gemini) following restructure which created a smooth transition.
• Assisted in Collections of $6.8M annually from Vendors debit balance.
• Processed Daily Analysis on Check Register which ensured reducing Company Liability to Debit Balance, Post Audit, and Audited Supplier Trade Purchasing Agreements.
• Coordinated communication with departments in preventing Financial Impact to Company when ending Supplier Business relationship.
• Ensured integrity of Debit Balance Web providing merchant tools to make available to Vendor accurate information.
• Created new Share Point Site for “No Longer Doing Business” providing consolidated vital information for Business owner to make effective decisions.
• Analyzed Cognos Report monthly to provide Vendors testing with No Activity over 18 months deactivating Vendors to comply with (Sox) Narratives avoiding fraud or fraudulent transactions.
• Developed Ad Hoc report for “No Longer doing business” for Vendors flagged for Bankruptcy, Written off Debit Balances, Failed Merchandise reviews, discontinue business, providing Management history and activity on Vendors.
• Managed Data Cleansing initiative when Company upgraded to New Oracle System for Accounts Payable department eliminating incorrect data to system.
• Aided TVA team (Trade Vendor Purchasing Agreement) ensuring 40% of Non Code Vendors to be compliant by requesting VP approval to release payments to Vendor and followed up in providing new TVA’s.
• Researched miscellaneous checks which established allocation to correct general ledger account.
Contractor for Office Depot -Debit Balance Specialist IV (2006 – 2007)
Handled research and analysis on detailed financial transactions for Debit Balance. Collected Vendor Debit Balance for over $2M and $1.5M.
• Provided Solutions to Internal and / or External Debit Balance Vendors / Customers and Data Cleansing for all Vendors.
• Sent monthly collection letters to all debit balance and Post Audit Vendors permitting reduction of Company Liability.
• Managed debit balance for expense Vendors in researching and eliminating any discrepancy with supplier account.
BELKYS GONZALEZ Page Two
THE KING OF SCREEN, INC, Boca Raton, Florida 2005 – 2006
Commercial and Residential Screen Company.
Managed Company books for Family business.
• General Ledger- Prepare Balance sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
• A/P – Processed Payables to providers.
• A/R- Managed receivables, billing, Cash Application.
• Payroll- Processed payroll for all employees, and Personnel documentation, 1099 process.
• Made bank deposits- reconciled bank statements.
FLORIDA PEST CONTROL, Kissimmee, Florida 2004 – 2005
Professional Residential and Commercial Pest Management
Administrated Branch Company books as extension to Corporate Office.
• Prepared Daily Reports for Corporate office.
• Managed Accounts Receivable, cash application, collections.
• Reconciled daily cash receipts of all Technicians and made deposits.
• Provided customer service to clients and gave estimates on Termite, Lawn and exterminating to customers. Helped resolve all types of pest issues.
THE ADMIRAL’S WALK, Boca Raton, Florida 2003 – 2004
Condominium Property Management
Managed Condominium books for association and provided all information to Accountant and Board of Directors.
• Managed Condo apartments operation of 68 units.
• Handled Banks Accounts, Payroll, A/P and A/R.
MISSIONARY, Tovar, Venezuela, South America 2001 – 2003
Facilitated Musical instruments to Churches, Provided Counseling for Youth and Marriage Counseling. Ministered to Men and Woman. Helped Community with public youth outreaches with concerts and prayed for sick in Hospitals.
CASH COW INC., Tallahassee, Florida 2000 – 2001
Corporate Pay Day Loan Industry
Reconciled Daily receipts for 18 stores. Prepared A/R and ensured stores had all documentation to operate. Bank statements reconciled for stores. Prepared Financial Statements, Profit and Loss and Balance sheets.
• Handled company books for 18 stores, ensuring month end figures including Daily Balance on sales for each store.
• Handle A/P, Cash Receipts and Deposits for 18 stores.
Note: Have 11 years of prior work experience at The Alexander All Suite Hotel in the Accounting Department.
Graduate, Bayonne High School, New Jersey
Microsoft Office Suite: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, FMR Drill (Essbase Application), Xnet Application, Microsoft Windows Share Point Service 2.0, Lotus 123, Real World Accounting 6.0, SBT Accounting systems, Accpac Accounting, QuickBooks Pro 2009, People Soft 8, Total Document Management, ADP Payroll Services, Oracle Application 11i, Iron Mountain, Internet Explorer 8