** ******** ***, **** ****, Toronto, Ontario. M9R 3T8.
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a challenging position in the field of COMPUTER
HARDWARE as a Technician/Support Engineer, where I can utilize
my technical skills and expertise.
• Extensive experience in service and support of computer systems and peripherals
with A+ certification.
• Meticulous planner with strong problem solving abilities.
• Through understanding of networks and file services and windows networking environment.
• Aptitude for learning software quickly with minimal instruction.
• Strong user support and help desk experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills- oral and written.
• Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills and analytical ability.
• Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize the tasks and work in a busy environment.
• Ability to understand and execute company policies and work effectively as a team member.
• Highly adaptable to a constantly changing, fast-paced business environment.
• Desire to learn and expand knowledge of the firm and the technology environment in use.
• Develop an understanding of the business requirements of the firm.
• Excellent presentation skills with ability to assimilate complex ideas and information.
• Proficient knowledge of computer hardware and proactive , positive and result oriented.
• Interest in users’ needs and providing a high quality of customer service.
• Ability to provide technical support and solution in both stand-alone and networking era.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Win NT, Internet, Windows vista, Windows 7, Windows XP and other operating systems. Besides these, working knowledge of various application packages, software tools and utilities.
In store Technician (Geek Squad-Counter Intelligent Agent –Senior) 2006-2009
Best Buy, Canada.
• Provide technical support and solutions for computer systems and peripherals both in networking and stand alone environment.
• Diagnose the computer problems quickly and provide the appropriate solution to customers.
• Provide and perform the data back up/data migration, virus-spy ware removal , pc upgrade, operating system repair /reload services with 100% customer satisfaction in timely manner.
• Work on new PCs , customize and configure the units with complete functionality check and installation of various antivirus program.
• Delegate the department ,assign jobs to other co-workers and achieve business goals.
• Actively work on ordering parts and shipping ,receiving and billing of the units which are brought under warranty within the company policy.
• Resolve customer issues and promote In-home services e.g. wireless networking.
• Follow –up the status on pending units and update the notes.
• Develop and train other co-workers for department related various activities and programs.
• Provide feedbacks and inputs to immediate manager to improvise customer service.
Pratik Parikh Page 2
Ph:647- 686-8661 Email: email@example.com
Work Experience continue
• Participate in various online/onsite training programs to upgrade the skills and knowledge.
• Actively supervise and monitor the department activities and take the ownership of it while controlling the facilitation and the shipment of units to various vendors like HP/DELL/ACER/GATEWAY/SONY/TOSHIBA/ APPLE SAMSUNG ETC.
Computer Technician (In store/ In- home) 2006-2007
Microtech computer centre, Etobicoke,Canada.
• Provide complete solution, troubleshooting and maintenance of computer systems and components.
Technical support and sales Executive 2006
GAO Research Inc. Toronto, Canada.
• Provided technical support and solution for various RFID products.
General Manager ( Self Employed) 2003 -2006
• General supervision of marketing, sales and maintenance.
• Identified potential clients from various segments and provided solutions
and support as per clients’ requirements.
• Conducted annual maintenance contracts and provided follow-up services.
• Designed various schemes and negotiated with vendors.
Area Service Manager 2002 - 2003
Lotus Technologies, (Reseller and Retail Division)
• Resolved and escalated help line calls over the phone and in person.
• Provided technical support for various practice specific and proprietary software.
• Configured pc’s with the required core environment and practice specific software.
installed and configured new software, updates, patches and printer setup.
• Estimated total cost of installation and maintenance of computers in both stand-alone and networking environment
• Provided technical support and solutions to clients after sale for upgrades and maintenance.
• Performed and documented daily ,weekly and monthly backups and coordinated off-site storage of tapes.
EDUCATION, PRATICAL AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
A+ certified from COMPTIA (HARDWARE AND OPERATING SYSTEM) 2007
Microsoft Networking Essentials passed from Microsoft. (MCSE EXAM) 1996
Bachelor :Electronics and Communication Engineer, North Gujarat university. 1995
Indian Space Research Organization (Practical Training). 1994
The Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers(Member). PRESENT
References Available Upon Request