George W. McQuarrie
Award winning marketing and sales professional with over 20 years experience in the Consumer Package Goods and Beverage businesses. Known for delivering exceptional results for some of America’s most prestigious companies and most powerful brands.
• Strategic Planning
• Sales Team Development
• Distributor/Wholesaler/Broker Management
• Retail Sales Execution
• Direct Store Delivery (DSD)
• National / Key Accounts
• Franchise Management
• P&L Responsibility
• Marketing Plan Development
• New Business
• All Channels of Retail Trade, Vending
• Caribbean, Mexico, &Latin America
Procter and Gamble
The Clorox Company
Del Valle Brands
Self Employed, Memphis, Tennessee 2007 – Present
Consultant to CPG / Beverage Industry
GBS Growth Partners, LLC; Omnisource Marketing; DinMar; Hennessey –New Century
PBM Products, LLC, Gordonsville, VA 2005 - 2007
Director of Sales, Alternative Channels
PBM Products is the largest supplier of store brand infant formulas in the United States with annual sales of $200M. Top customers include Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Kroger, Publix, Albertsons, HEB, Walgreens, CVS, and others.
• Developing new business in non-traditional channels
• Establishing business in Puerto Rico, the Caribbean, and Central America
• Introduced new private label at Winn Dixie – annual sales of $2M
• Secured new Bright Beginnings brand distribution at Amazon.com - annual sales of $1M
• Established distributors in Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Panama, Guatemala, and Costa Rica and gained WIC (women, infants, children) program authorization in Puerto Rico - annual sales of $8M
• Collaborated on designs of new products to increase share. (i.e. “nipple ready” RTD formula bottle)
Del Valle Brands Inc., Miami, Florida 2003 - 2005
Vice President Sales
Del Valle Brands is a $40M company that develops and manages business in the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and South America on behalf of several major multinational corporations. Suppliers include Procter and Gamble, Sara Lee, Novartis, Mead Johnson, Clorox, Hormel, Sunny Delight and Corpora Winery (Chile)
• Strategic planning and execution of company go-to-market strategy
• Establishing and attaining company volume and profit goals
• Developing and executing annual marketing in plans in collaboration with key supplier management
• Hiring, training, and ongoing development of international sales team.
Del Valle Brands Inc., Continued
• Delivered a 44% increase with net sales exceeding $26M.
• Initiated and oversaw development of web based tracking and reporting system to
• Upgraded distributor partners in key markets resulting in improved distribution, execution, and sales
GWM Consulting Services, Memphis, Tennessee 2001 – 2003
Nutr-e Food Innovation Corp., Memphis, Tennessee
• Developed initial go-to-market strategy and market assessment for innovative food ingredient process (start-up)
The Berns Company, Long Beach, California New Business Development
• Expanded web presence for liquidating excess inventory resulting increased customer base and improved cash flow.
Property Site Evaluation and Marketing Plan
• Worked with local agencies to develop site evaluation and marketing plan for sixteen acres of prime commercial real estate in Fayetteville, North Carolina valued in excess of $2.8M.
Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati, OH 1990 - 2001
Senior Account Executive – Innovative Sales & Distribution Solutions (2000-2001)
• Recruited for New Business Development team that created & deployed a national Snacks DSD system to reach untapped retail channels for Pringles resulting in expanded Pringles distribution into C-stores,Video stores, Fast Food Restaurants and school cafeterias and an incremental $2.5M to category
• Led project to establish new Pringles availability via distributor vending machine network. resulting in 35,000 new points of distribution; accounting for 50% of distributor’s total Pringles volume
Account Executive – Hawaiian Punch / Sunny Delight Brands (1990-1999)
• Collaborated with franchised soft drink bottlers to develop marketing plans designed to grow volume and profits in territory including Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Texas, Illinois and Missouri.
• Increased sales over 350% while holding marketing expenses to an increase of less than 6% per unit.
• Led planning, selling, and execution of initial test market of Sunny Delight that rolled out nationally four months ahead of schedule. Generated over $1.1M in incremental sales volume in eight months.
• Established new DSD beverage business generating over $1M in Caribbean, South and Central America.
• Developed innovative scholarship program for Memphis City Schools resulting in $200K new business.
• Piloted Sunny “D” fountain drink test market that was expanded nationally generating $150K
• Recipient of multiple Gold Club, Silver Club and “Big Fish” awards for sales and new business development.
Coca-Cola USA, Atlanta, GA 1985 - 1990
District Manager Savannah GA (1988-1990)
Account Manager Roanoke VA (1985-1988)
Helene Curtis Industries, Inc., Chicago, IL 1982 - 1985
Territory Manager – Southern California (Suave and Finesse Brands)
The Clorox Company, Oakland, CA 1981 - 1982
Territory Manager – Los Angeles / Orange County California
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Long Beach, CA - B.A., Economics