Cell Phone: 281-***-****
PROFILE : Experience in EH&S in the oil, construction, and the insurance industries. Throughout my career I have managed the safety and environmental requirements for drilling operations, gas processing plants, and offshore platforms. Participated in design review, permitting, environmental requirements, fire protection systems, and Federal and State regulatory requirements. With my computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point managed the EH&S training and field audits of companies involved in drilling, gas processing, pipeline construction, cogeneration facilities, refinery turnaround work, and various oil and gas service companies. Assigned EH&S responsibility for commercial, institutional and industrial construction projects and construction projects for gas power plants, gas processing plants, pipelines, compressor stations, and well head facilities. I have my B.S. Degree in Civil Technology from the University of Houston.
OBJECTIVE: I am an experienced manager specializing in EH&S for the oil, construction, and insurance industries. My goal is use my safety and training experience to train employees in workplace hazard recognition and safe work practices & procedures for a leading company within the Houston area.
DEVELOPED, SCHEDULED and CONDUCTED training classes for employees, supervisors and managers in Effective Communication, Behavioral Safety Elements, Fire Protection, Hot Work/Confined Space Safety, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Supervisory Safety Training, Safety Observations, Accident Investigation, Fork Lift Operation, Hearing Conservation, Back Injury Prevention and others.
ESTABLISHED safety procedures and CONDUCTED safety inspections of drilling rigs, yard facilities, trucking and contractor operations to promote compliance with Company policy and government regulations.
INVESTIGATED employee injury/illnesses, vehicle accidents and contractor incidents where liability is an issue to determine cause and prevent recurrence.
IMPLEMENTED industrial hygiene surveys and hazard analysis to identify and quantify employee exposure to chemical, physical, environmental and ergonomic hazards.
ADVISED and ASSISTED management and supervisory personnel in improving all aspects of the safety and health program and in complying with company safety policies.
RECOMMENDED training, engineering/administrative controls and personal protective equipment
to eliminate or minimize hazardous exposures to personnel.
PREPARED safety training materials; provided safety topics, videos and other training materials.
MANAGED and coordinated claims between the field offices and the insurance carrier. Provided analysis of safety and health data and claims cost to both corporate management and regional office management for review.
ANALYZED loss data and reviewed with Regional Manager, Superintendents and Field Managers. MAINTAINED data on workers’ compensation, general liability and automobile liability claims. Generated claims cost for corporate management review and each field office, operations manager, superintendent, and field supervisors.
AMEC Paragon, Houston, Texas 10/16/06 to 07/17/09
SHS Project Lead,
• Direct Safety, Health & Security activities
• Provide overall SHS guidance on the project and interface with other aspects of the project
• Monitor field activities of subcontractors to ensure that safety policies and procedures are in place and being followed
• Monitor environmental compliance issues.
• Manage SHS control documents such as risk register, incident register, Risk Management Plan
• Facilitator HAZID, HAZOP and Construction and Operability Reviews
AMERICAN BUREAU OF SHIPPING, Houston, Texas 01/23/06 – 10/13/06
Marine Safety Engineer, Offshore Engineering Department
• Coordinate and manage completion of plan reviews of new and modified offshore production and drilling facilities
• Review of drawings and documentation detailing location and arrangements of life saving equipment, egress route availability and placement and means of embarkation
• Review fire safety aspects of overall facility design, structural fire integrity of divisions and approval of fabrication details and materials used in marine construction
• Provide quotes to clients for new projects and prepare project invoices
FARA RISK CONTROL SERVICES, INC., Houston, TX 01/03/05 – 01/20/06
Risk Control Consultant
• Evaluate clients loss control program
• Determine hazardous exposures in the operations in regard to worker’s compensation, general liability, product liability, fleet operations and fire/property
• Advised management on matters concerning the control of hazardous exposures
UNIT DRILLING, Houston, TX 05/2001 – 07/2004
• In charge of environmental and safety operations of 16 land operated drilling rigs.
• Responsible for conducting safety audits of drilling rigs for hazardous conditions. Advised management and improving all aspects of the safety and health program.
• Conducted safety training classes. Investigated employee injuries/accidents. Recommended training, engineering controls, and personal protective equipment to eliminate or minimize hazardous exposure.
UTI ENERGY, Houston, TX 08/1998 – 05/2001
• In charge of compliance with company safety policy and government regulations in regards to the drilling industry.
• Responsible for employee safety training, accident investigations, and managed & coordinated claims.
• Conducted employee safety training classes. Performed safety inspections of drilling rigs. Provided analysis of safety & health data and claims cost. Analyzed loss data.
AIG CONSULTANTS, Houston, TX 04/1987 – 08/1998
Assistant Regional Manager/Senior Safety Consultant
• Managed seven safety consultants and two administrative assistants.
• Responsible for developing staffing and in-house training requirements, coordinating work assignments, and providing loss control services to clients.
• Daily Account coordination. Evaluated construction projects, environmental exposures, fire protection, fleet accounts, manufacturing facilities, chemical plants and refineries.
DODSON INSURANCE GROUP, Houston, TX 04/1986 – 04/1987
• In charge of conducting field surveys of client’s operations with regards to workers’ compensation, auto liability, and property.
• Advised clients in reducing losses. Performed on-site surveys and accident investigations. Insured compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
SPAW-GLASS, Houston, TX 01/1984 –02/1986
• In charge of coordinating safety activities for construction division engaged in commercial, institutional, and industrial projects.
• Responsible for safety training, incident investigation, and assuring compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
• Conducted safety surveys of construction sites and structural steel fabrication facilities. Coordinated claims. Managed claims cost records and data for each site.
MICHIGAN-WISCONSIN PIPELINE COMPANY, Houston, TX 03/1981-08/1983
Senior Facilities Engineer
• Responsible for design review and installation of well head facilities.
• Design review of heater separators, in-line heaters, dehydration units, gas compressors and condensate storage tanks.
• Responsible for obtaining construction permits.
• Evaluated environmental impact.
• Conducted field safety and environmental audits of company facilities.
MITCHELL ENERGY & DEVELOPMENT CORP., The Woodlands, TX 08/1977-03/1981
• Coordinated safety program of two drilling subsidiaries and a gas production company.
• Developed and Conducted safety training classes to assure compliance with OSHA regulations.
• Performed safety audits of drilling operations, gas processing plants and pipeline operations.
• Reviewed construction designs, security systems and fire protection for gas processing division.
B.S. Degree in Civil Technology, University of Houston
OSHA 501, OSHA in the Oil Patch, Basic Petroleum Technology, NFPA-Life Safety Code, NFPA-Industrial Fire Protection, Workplace Ergonomics, Office Ergonomics and Workstation Design, TWCC Approved Professional Source
Defensive Driving, First Aid, CPR, Employee Safety, Back Injury Prevention, Office Ergonomics