Have a good engineering experience in oil, gas & chemical consulting engineering firm, processing plant and manufacturing industry.
Designed and worked on various mechanical equipments, P&ID and prepared process and hydraulic calculation for different components; Hands on experience with mechanical equipment.
Follow up the project with PMU and inter-discipline progress; schedule the time line to meet deadlines.
Gifted with problem solving skills and work ethics; self-motivated, open-minded and disciplined.
Master of Mechanical Engineering, Lamar University August 2006 - December 2007
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, North Gujarat University August 2002 - May 2006
International Business, Houston Community College Jan 2012 - Present
Integrated Flow Solutions
Project Engineer Nov 2010 – July 2011
• Exercise functional leadership for the planning, organization and coordination of engineering and design activities of the project.
• Participate to all phases of a project from conceptual design to detailed engineering, equipment fabrication, testing, and start-up.
• Plan and coordinate the engineering phase of the project such as preparation of design basis, process requirements, specifications and technical documents, package design, and package testing.
• Ensure effective communication and coordination between all engineering, design disciplines and clients.
• Perform various engineering calculations and analyses related to process design, and sizes and selects mechanical and process equipment such as pumps, pressure vessels, filters, blowers, heat exchangers, valves, and instruments.
• Solicit supplier quotations and reviews for technical compliance, budget, and delivery constraints.
• Review package design and components for compliance with industry standards, engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements and related specifications.
• Develop the engineering deliverables and QA documents required for design, customer approval, and fabrication of the packages, including but not limited to Design Book, Equipment List, Valve List, Specialty Item List, Equipment Data Sheets, P&IDs, QA Procedures, etc.
• Experience with industry codes and standards such as API, ASME, NACE.
• Communicate directly with the clients; review the vendors’ drawings and designers’ drawings to approve.
• Control expenditures within the limitations of the project budget and advises the Project Manager of possible budget overruns.
• Ensure materials are ordered on time according to the project schedule and advise the Project Manager of any possible material delays.
• Evaluate and acknowledges changes to any technical documents during all phases of the project up to and including startup and commissioning.
• Interact with shop personnel to solve engineering issues discovered during production.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Other duties assigned as required for projects or company standards development.
Pioneer Air System, Inc.
Mechanical Project Engineer July 2009 – Nov 2010
• Worked on packaging design, mechanical design and production documentation design experience.
• Developed preliminary sketch, layout, assembly, details drawings using AutoCAD.
• Produced design calculation of all mechanical equipments, instruments and material selection.
• Designed ASME and nonstandard pressure vessels, after coolers, shell and tube heat exchanger, coalescing and particulate filters, separators, adsorbers and absorbers for the system.
• Sized pumps, motors, heat exchangers, blowers, compressors, control valves, relief valves, pressure regulators, condensing units etc. for working fluids like hydrocarbons, air, water, natural gas, waste gas and condensate.
• Calculated and Prepared heat load calculation, pump calculation, pressure drop curve by calculating at various points and developed design pressure and temperature diagrams for the system.
• Produced bill of materials, issue purchase requisition and prepare O & M manual.
• Participated in reviewing and checking the design, drawing and final inspection of the system.
• Costing of project materials and manpower and monitor project cost with corrective action.
• Maintained relationships with clients on day to day basis to ensure the scope of services are properly executed.
• Visited the site for as field engineer for customer support, technical faults and troubleshooting.
• In addition, deal with refrigeration, heating, cooling, drying, compression and filtration for the factory integrated system and work with low and medium temperature application by using different refrigerants.
I & C Engineer March 2008 - February 2009
• Performed engineering and technical tasks as assigned by supervision.
• Developed P&ID control strategy symbology.
• Populated project INtools instrument index with loop, tag, control system I/O type, location, instrument type, line number, P&ID.
• Conformed Level Setting Diagrams to standardized templates.
• Participated P&ID BOM, control valve sizing and relief valve sizing calculation and in design review meetings.
• Validated P&ID instrumentation design against process intent and feasibility accordance with safety analysis, industry codes and all regulatory requirements.
• Conducted MCC Coordination study.
• Specified flow meters, level gauges and transmitters and pressure regulators and other instruments in accordance with process requirements.
• Worked with Mechanical & Process datasheet for hydraulic calculations and appropriate P&ID development information.
• Developed instrument data sheets for control valves, pressure regulators, level transmitters and level gauges.
• Checked instrument and equipment drawings provided by vendors and prepared engineering deliverables.
Exxon Mobil Corporation
Engineering Intern May 2007 - December 2007
• Validated P&IDs against datasheets and specification with emphasis on instrumentation and electrical devices.
• Conducted equipment make, model and serial number walk downs.
• Contacted the suppliers of mechanical and electrical equipments to get the right information for the existing facility and created the datasheets.
• Populated and maintained INtools database for existing Exxon Mobil Plant.
CERTIFICATION & SKILLS
FE/EIT Certification, Certified AutoCAD, COMPRESS, ASPEN PLUS and INtools