OBJECTIVE: Seeking to be Your Best Writer/Editor/Translator
• Perfect Spanish (University Level) fluent verbal and written English
• Excellent translator English to Spanish; book editor in Spanish
• Creative writing for daily Radio Program at Guadalupe Radio (87.7 FM)
• Considered one of the best Metropolitan News Reporter for the Leading Spanish Newspaper in Los Angeles: La Opinion Newspaper
• Administrative Assistant for the last two years/events and MC coordinator
• Assignment Editor/Copywriter for La Opinion
• Copy editor Excelsior Newspaper(Orange County)
• Excellent with Microsoft Word & Excel, Power Point; excellent, fast and accurate typing speed
Jan. 2008 to present Administrative Assistant in a non- profit organization
Nov. 2007-Feb. 08 Council Aide District 14 with Jose Huizar, current Los Angeles Councilmember.
La Opinion Newspaper (www.laopinion.com) Los Angeles, CA
1993 to October 2007 Metro News Reporter and Feature Writer: Covered political, labor, human and civil rights, and social issues in the Los Angeles area. Averaged six stories a week.
2005 – 2006 Assignment Editor/Copywriter: Worked with reporters, developed story ideas, edited and fine-tuned stories, directed and kept track of several beat reporters, kept updated on the news wires and beats under my jurisdiction.
1993 – 2002 Sports Writer: Covered local sports and professional soccer leagues in Mexico, Central America, South America, and Europe.
Miniondas Spanish and English Newspaper (www.Miniondas.com) Santa Ana, CA
1988 – 1993 Sports Editor: In charge of gathering interviews on local, national and international sport events, copywriting, editing, formatting of articles for our weekly Sports section.
1987 Diploma from Rancho Santiago College; Santa Ana, CA
1985 Studies in Media and Communication Science; Mexico
1983 BA Degree in Education; Elementary Level; Mexico