Aziz A Jafri
Dobbs Ferry, NY ****2
Objective: Histology Supervisor
• Nearly 28 years experiences in Histology.
• Ability to work independently and in group.
• Goal-oriented individual and time oriented.
• Organized, highly motivated, and problem solver.
• Proven ability to work in unison with staff, volunteers and pathologists.
Education and Certification
Masters in Biology, Karachi University
NY State License Medical Technologist
• Embedding/cutting of paraffin blocks.
Embedding and cutting of tissue blocks and maintained technician log. Quality assurance through proper maintenance of tissue processors, embedding equipment and tissue/paraffin block microtome.
Quality and productive assurance.
• Routine H&E Staining/ Special Stains.
Staining of regular H&E slides through automatic stainers, maintained quality standards. Manually performed and checked special stains by running positive and negative controls. Reagent reliability and chemical expiry dates maintained routinely.
• Filing of Slides and Blocks.
Perform filing, check and counter check of all slides and block file units.
• Immunohistochemistry and automatic special stains:
Limited experience on IHC/Leica Bond XT.
• Organized protocols and manuals for Laboratory Certification.
Maintained procedures up to date with comments, prepared Lab for sudden inspections. Safety procedures maintained according to the Institution requirements and inspection updates maintained.
Presently working as Histology Technologist at Gary Letts MD LLC, Darien, CT since September 12th, 2011.
Histopathology Associates, Suffern, NY
October 12th - December 15th, 2009. Worked temporary for about three months as Histology Tech.
Feb. 2003 – October 2009
Started my own Graphic and Sign business. Operated successfully till the economic went wrong and ended up closing full time operation.
1976 – Feb 2003:
Laboratory of Dermatopathology, Columbia University, 630 W. 168th Street, NY City. Laboratory Supervisor, title Senior Staff Associate/Histology.