VINCENT M. MORSE
DIRECTOR of SALES
An experienced sales executive with a consistent history of exceeding sales targets.
Skilled in training and mentoring a sales team.
Expert in product and strategic business planning.
Creative problem solver with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
Entrepreneur with experience planning, initiating and managing a successful retail business including P&L responsibilities.
THE MORSE CO. – Las Vegas, Nevada 2006 to Present
Marketing GEAR FOR SPORTS, CHAMPION, UNDER ARMOUR
Custom decorated apparel industry leader with 3 product lines.
* Retained due to sourcing expertise to pilot Global Sourcing Solutions concept in key Las Vegas accounts.
* Devised sales strategies resulting in 100% volume increase my first year.
* Service MGM Mirage and Harrah’s as two key Las Vegas accounts using consultative sales tactics while presenting products to buyers.
* Supervise product development process including garment design with focus on client sell through.
THE MORSE CO dba TEAM L.V. - Las Vegas, Nevada 2001 to 2006
Start-up retail souvenir apparel store located on the Las Vegas strip.
* Initiated concept, designed store layout, and purchased inventory for retail clothing outlet and achieved immediate success with sales in excess of $120.00 per sq ft.
* Forged relationships to gain expertise in product sourcing within South America, Latin America, and China.
* Engaged in product development initiatives and established agreement to import headwear from China.
THE MORSE CO. - Las Vegas, Nevada 1996 to 2001
Marketed GEAR FOR SPORTS
Custom decorated apparel industry leader.
* Evaluated market for each buying season and implemented merchandising plan which resulted in $1.1 million (44%) volume increase within 24 months.
* Oversaw all major Las Vegas casino accounts and attained annual sales of $2.2 million wholesale.
* Executed inventory control program for key accounts increasing sales and promoting continual product supply.
* Achieved $2 Million Club every year and awarded “Rising Star of the West” during first year.
* Utilized Oracle Ordering System to monitor orders and shipments and MS Word and Excel for business analysis and communication.
WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER 1993 to 1996
GEAR FOR SPORTS - San Francisco, California
* Assumed budget and management responsibility for a ten state territory producing over $20 million in sales.
* Mentored sales team of 25 by analyzing top 20 accounts for each and coaching representatives to develop and implement successful business plans resulting in 15% average sales growth per season.
* Accompanied sales representatives on account visits, demonstrating proven sales and partnering techniques.
* Analyzed product profiles by price point and teamed with merchandising staff to create competitive products.
Bachelor of Science in Public Administration ▪ University of Oregon ▪ Eugene, Oregon