Skillful and accomplished Software Engineer/Developer with 12 years of continuous experience in software engineering in all phases of development from design to testing and production maintenance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND KEY QUALIFICATIONS
• Embedded real-time and networking software development for MPC860, MPC8260, MPC8270, MPC8321, MPC8323E, NXP1768, NXP2368 and other embedded MCU based boards
• Development and integration of driver software for wide spectrum of embedded devices
• Deep knowledge of communication buses and networking protocols
• Proficiency in writing and producing highly robust and effective code
• Professional services, able to produce technical investigations
• Research and prototype complex design solutions
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE SET
• Operating systems: FreeRTOS 5.x/6.x, Wind River VxWorks 5.x, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows NT
• Programming languages and development standards: C, MISRA C, C++
• Development environments and tools: Wind River Tornado 2.x, Wind River Workbench,
Wind River Single Step and WindView, Keil uV3/4, GNU, Wind River compiler (Diab), MS Visual Studio, JTAG, SVN, MS Source Safe.
• Network protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, ATM, ARP, IGMP, RTP, BOOTP, HTTP, FTP, SNMP, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, 802.1p/q VLAN, SkyX TCP and XTP, proprietary communication protocols
• Core networking applications: TCP and HTTP acceleration, Quality of Service, 802.1q tagging, switching and routing
• Proven integration and testing skills
• Proven ability to work efficiently with hardware team
• Well developed analytical and communication skills, with the ability to define clear project requirements, develop specifications, and create solutions that meet the requirements, within budget and time limits.
• Skill and experience in data modeling and computer algorithms.
• Fluent English and Russian.
June 2010 – current
Embedded software engineer
Ayecka Communication Systems Ltd., Kfar Saba, Israel (http://www.ayecka.com/)
- SR1 Single/Dual DVB-S2 CCM/VCM/ACM Receiver w/ GigE LAN Interface
- ST1 DVB-S2 CCM/VCM/ACM Integrated Modulator w/ GigE LAN Interface
• Developed an Ethernet secondary bootloader for in-field software upgrade of products
• Developed an I2C-based inter-PCB protocol
• Developed a TFTP module used for in-field software and firmware upgrades
• Integrated device driver software for embedded Marvell switch device 88E6171R
• Developed device driver for embedded serial NOR flash memory devices M25P16 and N25Q064
• Integrated driver for multi-standard advanced demodulator STV0900
• Ported an application developed for ARM7 to Cortex-M3 based MCU
April 1999 – April 2010
Embedded software engineer
Shiron Satellite Communications Ltd., Rosh Haayin, Israel (http://www.shiron.com/)
- InterSKY iRG and MCD (http://shiron.com/products.htm)
- IBIS – Integrated Broadcast Interaction System
• Design and development of BSP and real-time software for multi-channel satellite demodulator: C/C++ programming for VxWorks 5.4 RTOS platform on PowerQUICC I MPC860 integrated communication processor, extensive use of UML software design tools, multi-threaded environment, inter-process communication, network sockets programming and runtime analysis / profiling tools (i.e. WindView), design and implementation of software tools for component and product testing.
• Design and development of BSP and real-time software for line of DVB-S / DVB-RCS conformant satellite terminals: integration of ACE framework, C/C++ programming for VxWorks 5.5 RTOS platform on PowerQUICC II MPC 8260/8270 integrated communication processors and MIPS, multi-threaded environment, inter-process communication, network programming (i.e. sockets, NAT Agent, DHCP Server and Relay Agent, SNMP Agent, QoS) and runtime analysis / profiling tools.
• Design and implementation of an optimized network traffic handling path. Design and implementation of system-wide 802.1p/q VLAN support. Deployment of optimized system at customer site
• Integration and further development of a third-party WAN optimization software module.
• Responsible for development and integration of custom software- and hardware-based system-wide WAN optimization solution: porting and further development of the embedded software to various operating systems, including VxWorks 5.5, VxWorks 6.4 and Red Hat Linux and various processors, including PowerQUICC II MPC 8260/8270, PowerQUICC II Pro MPC 8321/8323E, and Intel Dual Core Xeon 5500.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Course "General Purpose Platform, VxWorks Edition, Board Support Package Design"
Certificate of Accomplishment, 2008
John Bryce College, Tel Aviv, Israel (http://www.johnbryce.com/)
• Bachelor of Computer Science, 2008
Holon Institute of Technology, Holon, Israel (http://www.hit.ac.il/web/eng/default.asp)
Faculty of Sciences
• Course "Analog and Digital Techniques in Satellite and Terrestrial Telecommunication Networks"
Certificate of Accomplishment, 2001
Shiron Satellite Communications Ltd., Petah Tikva, Israel
• Practical Engineer of Software Engineering, 2000
ORT Singalovsky College, Tel Aviv, Israel (http://singalovski.ort.org.il/)
REMARKS: Currently resident of Tel Aviv, Israel. Willing to relocate.