email@example.com • http://www.linkedin.com/in/lenmay
Corporate executive applying a 15 year track record of building strategic relationships primarily in music, arts, media and entertainment industries with proven results of increasing profitability, managing budgets, creating brand marketing initiatives, operational efficiencies, building partnerships and mentoring teams via strong management skills combined with an entrepreneurial style and artistic eye for detail.
• Create partner plans to accomplish strategic objectives.
• Communicate corporate vision and partner with internal departments to develop key revenue streams.
• Generate sales revenue exceeding $100M annually in highly competitive markets.
• Implement marketing strategies through social media, advertising, promotional and mobile campaigns for increased brand awareness.
• Provide branding, product launches, advertising, campaign management, prospecting, presentations, pricing, contract management, account and channel management.
• Maximize opportunities to expand volume of business, catapult revenue, and achieve significant market expansions.
• Hands on understanding and knowledge of film, music, events and new media technologies.
Corporate Leadership • Strategic Planning • Partnering & Alliances • Sponsorships
Fundraising • Merger & Acquisitions • Product Launch • Digital Media • Social Media • CRM
• Revenue Generation • Trend & Competitive Analyses • Budget Control • Forecasting
Goal Setting • Performance Management • Benchmarking • Client Acquisition & Retention
OPEN MUSIC SOCIETY FOUNDATION, Los Angeles, California • 2010 – Present
Entertainment & Non-Profit – 501c3
Managing Director: Leadership role, responsible for setting the strategic direction of, planning and implementing development efforts, marketing and communications as well as fundraising campaigns through strategic alliances advertising/promotional partnerships and corporate sponsorships. Work with key executive stakeholders to establish and deliver requirements.
Responsible preparing annual budgets, coordination of marketing and public relation campaigns to ensure a high level of brand visibility.
Provide leadership to define and develop ideas for events, filming and overall production of content as well as distribution to home entertainment outlets, new media and international markets.
• Set policies, procedures and practices to ensure the highest possible ROI.
• Oversight of all event and festival planning from creative concept through budgeting, talent, logistics, coordination of VIP events, production, filming, marketing and promotions.
• Generate significant new external resources for the development of public/private partnerships, secured corporate and foundation funding, cultivate individual major donors and obtain political endorsements.
• Engage in regular coordination with the director, sound engineer, agents, graphic designer, and post producer.
• Project management of creative production, development of all collateral, hiring, vendor contracts, venue selection and all event-based video content.
• Implement social media, new media, public relations and mobile campaigns for increased brand awareness.
LEN MAY • firstname.lastname@example.org • Page 2
Additional career highlights include the following:
Vice President, Sales & Marketing, from 2008 – 2010 with MAYDAY MUSIC & MEDIA
Realize exceptional leadership of sales and marketing programs with focus on music, entertainment and media industries to include raising capital through sponsorships and strategic alliances.
Developed and deploy marketing programs resulting in increased revenue and ROI. Identified new business opportunities, drafted presentations and case studies, provided sponsorship marketing options, oversaw RFP-RFI response process, and negotiated agreements. Orchestrated sales and marketing programs with focus on entertainment, media, and music industries to include provision of budget control. Develop marketing and image campaigns involving new media, social media, mobile applications, product placement, merchandising, TV, radio, film, and celebrity endorsements.
• Secured capital funding through sponsorships and strategic alliances, as well as numerous films and new media properties.
• Established revenue streams, set and met revenue targets and annual budgets to make strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and investments.
• Oversight of strategic planning, budgeting, development and implementation of marketing programs, advertising and promotional partnerships and initiatives.
• Comprehensive understanding of music and media licensing and clearance requirements.
• Developed full film collateral packages with waterfall ROI model and negotiated distribution for DVD releases of feature films
Demonstrated successful brand launches including Mayday Music, CD Sound, InFlow Entertainment, Art Preferred, Bellflower Productions and Urban LifeStylez Marketing as well as several feature film productions.
Managing Director, Commercial Real Estate from 2005 – 2008 with KW Commercial,
Exceeded expectations through development and management of Commercial Division of Keller Williams Realty to include 42 commercial real estate offices and 140 Agents.
Supported clients including hedge funds, venture capital firms, financial institutions, entertainment-media enterprises, and high net-worth individuals with focus on distressed asset disposition, asset recovery, and loan workouts.
Drafted multimedia marketing strategies, established sales plans, and recruited and trained 60 Commercial Agents. Achieved transaction volume in excess of $50M.
Headed No. 1 commercial real estate team in 2008 and 2009. Ranked No. 29 Commercial Real Estate Broker in U.S. on Costar’s National Broker Deal Makers List.
Director, Strategic Alliances, Music, Media, & Entertainment from 2000 – 2005 with Cognizant Technology Solutions, Inc.,
Provider of application, IT infrastructure, and business process outsourcing services.
Provided outstanding business development and control of sales lifecycles in Global Alliance and Channels Program to include supervision of staff of 150 and annual revenue of $100M.
Delivered solutions in artist royalty systems, digital asset management, IP management, and mobile media content distribution.
Director of Strategy, New Media & Technology from 1998 – 2000 with Safeguard Scientifics, Inc.,
Provider of growth capital and operational support to life sciences and technology companies.
Orchestrated application development pertinent to Internet, Web, and e-business initiatives while optimizing staff of 36. Developed business plans for mergers and acquisitions, fostered and maintained relationships with go-to-market partners, provided technology purchasing and sales support, and oversaw marketing and public relations.
Secured multi-million dollar projects. Forged e-business strategy for top venture capital company and fund.
LEN MAY • email@example.com • Page 3
Senior Implementation Manager, Web Marketing & e-Business from 1995 – 1998 with PricewaterhouseCoopers, Leading global professional services firm.
Achieved project success in Media, Entertainment, and Music Management consulting practices while facilitating development of company’s marketing Web sites. Performed role of Senior Program Manager for company’s first Internet-based training solution. Leveraged strategic alliances to support rapid application development.
BBA, Business Marketing
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Executive Sales and Marketing Program
Wharton Business School at University of Pennsylvania
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
“Internet Standards Publication”
“Guide to Search Engines & Web Marketing”
“Commercial Shift” by Jay Papsan
Special re-occurring Guest, “Good News in Real Estate,” ESPN Radio