To obtain a position where I can offer my vast music business experience and knowledge to an organization that will allow me to continue growing professionally within the company and become an integral part of its achievements and success.
RMG June 2011 – Present
• Performance booking agency and coordinator for International acts and their concert events in the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin American countries. Latest project included the U.S. tour of the legendary Cuban Orquesta Aragon in celebration of their 70th anniversary, with performances in Miami, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Oakland.
• Marketing consultant for international acts and their concert events. In charge of creating and implementing print, radio, TV and social media marketing necessary to promote each event.
Planet Records – U.S. & Italy September 2007 – June 2011
Production, Publishing & Licensing Manager
• Managed and negotiated the production and recording agreements between the music company and its international artists such as Omega, El Cata, Andy Andy, Ilegales, Kinito Mendez, Gente De Zona, Charanga Habanera, El Sujeto among others.
• Coordinated and created marketing strategies for each album release. Responsibilities included activities such as developing, implementing and negotiating radio, TV and print advertising campaigns, securing the positioning of new releases in several digital music store platforms such as I-tunes and Amazon.com, supervising social media activities and promotions as well as drafting and approving sales pages and press releases for each album.
• Supervised the issuance, negotiations and collections for all third party licenses. Tasks included the managing and administration of all licensing agreements including the approvals of the terms and conditions of such contracts.
• Administered the company’s publishing division including all royalty and mechanical payments and collections. Drafted and negotiated publishing deals between Planet Records and publishing companies and/or songwriters and their affiliates.
• Oversaw product development including photo sessions, graphic art and designs for album releases. Implemented the release schedule and CD inventories for Planet Record’s artist roster with Sony Music, the company’s distribution partner in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic regions
Caribe Sound Music and Publishing, SL November 2003 – August 2007
Licensing and Publishing Coordinator
• Negotiated and approved all of the company’s third party master, mechanical and synchronization licenses.
• Collaborated alongside the A & R Department in the track list selection process for album compilations geared specifically towards the U.S and European markets.
• Managed and administered record company’s publishing division in the territory of the United States.
Lancôme/ Federated Department Stores (Macy’s) January 2000 – October 2003
• Coordinated and managed my sales team in the strategic planning and development of current and new accounts in the region that I supervised.
• Developed and trained cosmetic advisors to achieve company goals including specialized sessions in customer service for the elite, loyal clientele of all Lancôme products.
• Implemented quarterly sales events to strategize and implement continued growth for company. During my tenure at Lancôme Inc, my region increased its net revenue by twenty-four percent.
University of Miami August 2012
Florida International University September 1999 – May 2003
Bachelor’s Degree: Marketing and International Business Management – Honor’s Graduate
Miami Dade College September 1997 – May 1999
Degree: Associate in Arts- Marketing and Business Administration- Honor’s Graduate
National School of Arts (ENA) September 1993- June 1997
Graduated in musical studies with a Major in Classic Piano.
Vast experience in negotiating and drafting music licensing, publishing and live event contracts.
Experience organizing and coordinating live event logistics.
Proficient in Microsoft and Apple operating systems and software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Quicken, Entourage and Adobe, among many others.
Strong communicational skills developed throughout the years working in the international sector. Management expertise acquired from supervising staff containing numerous individuals. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and handle conflicting priorities.
Fluent in English and Spanish. Basic proficiency in Italian.
Furnished upon request