Raul R. Calvo
Royersford, PA **468
Articulate experienced scientist with knowledge of Clinical Trial Monitoring and Research Site Coordination, ICH and GCP. Excellent communications and organizational skills. Fluent in both English and Spanish. Graduate of study program on Achieving Accelerated Productivity. Proficient in exploiting modern computer programs (Microsoft Word Suite, databases). At ease working independently or as a team.
Feb 2010-August 2010 Manager, Principal Scientist. The Chemistry Research Solutions LLC
• Monitoring activity of personnel and training.
• Ensuring high standards of work ethics among employees.
• Preparing and monitoring proper protocol for procedures.
• Order bulk and day-to-day supplies to maintain productivity.
1999-Jan 2010 Research Scientist. Johnson & Johnson PRD/3-Dimensional Pharmaceuticals
• Delivered a compound for development (Phase II-Pain). Conducted necessary procedures to ensure compliance with SOPs and GCP.
• Interviewed and enrolled new employees.
• Maintained investigational product accountability for various compounds under study.
• Traveled to Germany to ensure proper protocol was being followed. Reported findings to management.
1988-1999 Research Scientist. SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
• Delivered compound to development- (Phase III-Cardiovascular). Responsible for ordering bulk drug supplies and maintaining a productive pipeline.
• Carried out formulation, analytical and stability studies on compounds being tested for development.
1985-1988 Associate Scientist. McNeil Pharmaceuticals, Spring House, PA
• Carried out a five-step synthesis of an important intermediate starting out from 2 kg of starting material and ending with 500g of desired compound.
• Played major role in setting up an intermediates-scale lab for the department. Worked closely with scientist to ensure proper equipment upgrade.
• Maintained and troubleshooted Amino Acid analyzer, HPLC for the group.
1983-1985 Associate Chemist. Revlon Health Care Group, Tuckahoe, NY
• Led in the planning of a compound to development candidate (Cardiovascular-Phase I).
CRA/CRC Professional Development Program Certification from The Clinical Research Institute (October 2010).
Achieving Accelerated Productivity program (GSK/ 1998).
M.S. in Chemistry from SUNY at Stony Brook, NY (Dec. 1982).
B.S. in Chemistry from SUNY at Cortland, NY (June 1978).
Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA)
Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP)
American Chemical Society (ACS)
Mark Player PhD, MD 484-***-****; email@example.com
William Parsons PhD 908-***-****; firstname.lastname@example.org
Naresh Jain PhD 215-***-****; email@example.com
Publications upon request