CHRISTOPHER E. DENNIS
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Analytical, meticulous professional positioned to leverage legal background and business administration training to excel within corporate counsel/risk management role.
• Successfully represented employer/carriers in defense of workers' compensation claims, liability, and subrogation actions.
• Over 5 years of litigation experience from casualty claim inception through appellate process.
• Proactive and detail-oriented in identifying potential areas of risk/liability and in implementing solutions to mitigate exposure.
• Highly adept at utilizing training programs to educate all organizational levels in governing policies and regulations, potential exposure, and risk mitigation strategies.
• Thrive in challenging, fast-paced environments that require strong focus, superb negotiation/ mediation talents, and exemplary team-building skills.
• Skillful in strategic planning and implementation.
• Counseled clients on issues pertaining to regulatory compliance.
• Prepared and delivered well-received seminars on employers' rights under Florida's workers' compensation law.
• Participated in Annual Workers’ Compensation and Educational Conference in Orlando, FL for past 6 years
Attorney 4/2007 - Present
RISSMAN, BARRETT, HURT, DONAHUE & MCLAIN, P.A., Orlando, Florida
• Diligently provide legal representation for employers and insurance companies in the areas of workers' compensation, liability defense, and subrogation.
• Evaluate diverse types of claims and exposures to assess employer risk and minimize exposure and expense on lawsuits and claims.
• Manage in excess of 100 actively litigated files at all times
• Generated billings in excess of $638,000 for period July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012
• Counsel clients on issues related to OSHA, FMLA, regulatory compliance, unemployment compensation and recommend method and procedures to mitigate potential exposure on claims.
• Formulate strategies to avoid or reduce loss after workplace incidents/accidents.
• Develop and implement return to work programs for employers.
• Draft pleadings and attend depositions, hearings, and trials.
• Coordinate and manage team of 3 paralegals
CHRISTOPHER E. DENNIS • PAGE 2
Volunteer Law Clerk/Certified Legal Intern, Predatory Lending Division 5/2000 – 10/2006
JACKSONVILLE AREA LEGAL AID, Jacksonville, Florida
• In consecutive roles, honed legal expertise in foreclosures, mortgages, and related consumer loan transactions.
• Participated in weekly intake and eligibility screening processes, advised clients regarding their legal rights and obligations, and provided referrals to governmental agencies.
• Worked closely with clients to ensure comprehensive execution of discovery processes.
• Drafted legal documentation to include complaints, motions, client and opposing counsel correspondence, and memoranda.
• Attended and contributed to weekly attorney meetings to review pending cases; partnered with state regulatory agencies to further investigation of non-compliant finance companies.
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Juris Doctor (12/2006)
FLORIDA COASTAL SCHOOL OF LAW – Jacksonville, Florida
Governor's Merit Scholarship; Book Award, Sales (Summer 2005); 1L Mentor and Tutor
Visiting Student, University of Florida Levin College of Law, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Business Administration (8/2004)
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT ARLINGTON – Arlington, Texas
Graduated Summa Cum Laude; Member of Beta Gamma Sigma, Alpha Chi and Golden Key; University Scholar; Member of The Honors College and recipient of numerous scholarships
The Florida Bar (4/2007)