* Dedicated professional with solid experience in product design/development/implementation, and cost reduction.
* Strategic planner with excellent communication skills, the ability to see big picture, and analyze problems and determine course of action that result in sound decision and positive solutions.
* Thoroughly familiar with development and use of food grade stainless steel sheet metal, #3 and 4, 24-12 gauge, and with the use and implementation of design and processes necessary to develop products from it.
* Effective at team building and leadership.
* Extensive experience with product planning and scheduling.
* Have experience with process redesign and reengineering.
* Extensive knowledge of AutoCad, Cadkey, Unigraphics, Lean Manufacturing, Demand Flow Technology, Sheet Metal Production and Design, Capital Planning and Expenditure, Operation and Project Management, Problem Solving, Team Management, Strategic Planning, Personal Training, Coaching and Mentoring, EIA, OSHA, ISO, and NSF standards.
PACE UNIVERSITY, LUBIN BUSINESS SCHOOL, NEW YORK, NY
MBA in Economics
STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, ALMATY, KAZAKHSTAN
MS in Mechanical Engineering
REFCON LLC 4/2007-PRESENT
* Supervise Production Departments including Carpentry, Sheet Metal and Refrigeration (40 production employees and 3 production supervisors).
* Manage Purchasing Department (Purchasing Manager and 2 purchasing clerks).
* Supervise Shipping/Receiving Department.
* Supervise Service Department.
* Production planning and scheduling.
* Prepare and manage departmental budget.
* Conduct Safety and Employee Development Training.
* Perform cost estimation of new complex projects.
* Established new approach for project scheduling using Excel.
* Achieved 98% on time delivery.
* Started up new powder coating operation (Annual savings up to $25,000, reduced lead time from 2 weeks to 2 days on parts).
* Responsible for development of existing sheet metal department for increased sales, from $250,000 to $2,000,000 a year.
* Reduced indirect labor hours in production from 25% to 11% by redistributing and cross training the work force.
Konstantin Bieneman page 2
CARTS FOOD EQUIPMENT CORP., BROOKLYN, NY 3/2001-4/2007
* Managed corporate cafeteria projects (up to $1MM) from concept to finished product for food service industry, including on-site management during product installations.
* Performed cost estimation of existing and new products and maintained direct customer contact.
* Conducted training for staff on use and maintenance of new software applications.
* Supervised Engineering Department (4 degreed engineers) and production workers (18 direct reports).
* Managed Manufacturing Engineering and Product Development in support of on-going projects and to achieve more cost effective designs.
* Achieved 15% increase in productivity of manufacturing by reorganizing operational procedures and by changing personnel allocations.
* Implemented new file management system, networking, and team approach, reducing development time.
HUBBELL PREMISE WIRING, STONINGTON, CT 10/2000-3/2001
Product Design Engineer
* Involved in new product development for telecommunication industry.
* Analyzed existing products and new products to develop more cost efficient design approaches.
* Developed and launched more than 5 new products, including new ranges of wall-mounted cabinets for different applications in telecommunication industry, unequal flange rack, and quick disconnect patch panels.
* Implemented Zero Defect approach in design engineering.
JEWETT INC., BUFFALO, NY 5/1999-10/2000
* Involved in new product development for medical equipment industry.
* Performed cost reduction analysis on existing products.
* Programmed CNC Punch Press for sheet metal fabrication.
* Created Bill of Materials (BOM) for new products and updated BOM for existing products.
* Developed and launched over 17 new products, including new ranges of surgical scrub sinks, mobile morgue, nourishment and medicine stations.
* Achieved 10% increase in gross margins of products through reduction in part count, new vendor selection and streamlining production processes.
* Reduced the time required for development of a new product to less than three months by implementing 3-D modeling on AutoCAD and Stryker sheet metal design software.
CARTS FOOD EQUIPMENT CORP., BROOKLYN, NY 2/1997-5/1999
* Designed custom equipment for food industry.
* Modified and improved existing designs.
Additional Engineering experiences in Kazakhstan 1994-1996