**** *.*. ****** ****, Condo 5
Baton Rouge LA-70820
Experienced engineer and MSEE graduate, combine engineering skills and solid foundation in electrical design,
calculations and studies. Offer experience in industrial automation, DCS, project management, cost estimation, equipment
selection and sizing. Skilled in using tools such as, ETAP, MATLAB, Simulink, to perform power system studies such as
load flow, short circuit analysis, protection coordination etc.
Skills: C, C++, AutoCAD, HTML, SAP, Windows, MAC, Linux, Windows office suite (Word, Excel, Power point), Ethernet
and serial communication.
EDUCATION [Specialization – Power Engineering]
• Master of Science – Electrical Engineering May 2012
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA. GPA - 3.7/4
• Bachelor of Engineering – Electrical and Electronics Engineering May 2008
Anna University, Chennai, India. GPA – 3.5/4
Research Assistant – [CTD data’s, MATLAB]
Coastal Studies Institute, LSU October 2009 - present
• Processing remote sensing data containing information about ocean temperature, currents etc.
• Developed an algorithm for “Optical correction” to process the sample data set for fluorescence data’s.
• Been on few research cruises to the Gulf of Mexico and to the Mississippi River, all funded by the NOAA projects.
Junior Engineer – [SCADA, DCS, HMI]
Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Chennai, India August 2008 - June2009
• Implemented automation and SCADA system to RO water treatment plant.
• Up-gradation of SIEMENS S5 to S7 and Distributed control system with HMI.
• Switchgears and relays installation, testing and maintenance.
• Analysis of Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs.
• SAP and OSHA training.
• Familiar with IEEE, NEC and industrial area classifications.
Power System and Protection Digital Signal Processing Advanced Power system and Protection
Electric Machines Advanced Electric Drives High Voltage Engineering
Power System Analysis Measurement and instrumentation
MS THESIS – Permanent Magnet Generator - [MATLAB, FEM, CAD] January 2010 - January 2012
• Designed a “Linear PM generator for wave energy conversion” for effective generation of power from
• General principles and theories of machines where used in implementing an algorithm to determine the winding
and dimensions of the generator.
• The algorithm was validated using datasets in MATLAB then performance of the designed generator was
simulated using 2D and 3D Finite Element Analysis.
ACADEMIC PROJECTS – [ MATLAB, FEM]
• Portable power analyzer for energy audit undergraduate project.
• Design of three-phase permanent magnet synchronous motor.
• Harmonic filters and compensator design.
• Member – Electrical Engineers Association in Thangavelu Engineering College
• Organizer – National level cultural fest “ELECSPIRE” conducted by Anna University