PRESENT CONTACT ADDRESS:
Apt. #4, 2235 Wheeler Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, United States.
E-mail Address: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected CGPA: 3.62/4.0
University of Cincinnati, Ohio (Sept. 2010- June 2012)
Masters in Mechanical Engineering (MSc)
Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria, B.Sc. (2nd Class Upper)
Bachelors (BSc) in Metallurgical & Materials Engineering, 2004
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATION:
• ASNT LEVEL II MAGNETIC PARTICLE INSPECTION (INDIA)
• ASNT LEVEL II RADIOGRAPHY FILM INTERPRETATION (INDIA)
• CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE WELDING INSPECTOR (CAWI ; AMERICAN WELDING SOCIETY) (cert. no. 09091384)
SKILLS: Microsoft Office proficiency, AUTOCAD (2D & 3D), PDMS (Plant Design Management Systems), ANSYS, LS Pre-Post, Solid Works, Material Testing (Destructive and Non-destructive Evaluation) , Composite Fabrication, Corrosion Control and Testing, etc.
Sept 2010- Till date University of Cincinnati, OH 45219
Position: Research Assistant (Advanced Nanomaterial Fabrication, Testing and Characterization)
Scope of Work:
• Involved in developing super strong Nano composite materials with high electrical and thermal properties which can replace existing fiber optic cable, aerospace composites, sensor applications, automotive industry etc.
• Analyze experimental data from tensile strength, short beam shear, 3-point bending, elastic modulus, interlaminar shear, electrical conductivity, fracture toughness, fatigue and thermal test in order to optimize the procedure in achieving better result.
• Characterization of samples using SEM, TEM, Raman spectroscopy, plasma functionalization etc.
• Knowledge of polymers like epoxy, polyurethane, polypropylene, BMI for resin infusion and fabrication using RTM, VARTM, Compression molding, Melt blending, In-situ polymerization etc.
• Modeling and simulation of prototype fabricated composite samples in order to compare, improve and analyze its material properties and failure mode during failure.
• Product and process development strategies in order to achieve desired objectives of the end product.
EXPERIENCE: NEC Technical Systems Ltd
Oct.2006- Jul. 2010 30/120 Okporo Road off First Artillery, PH, Nigeria.
POSITION PROJECT ENGINEER II
SCOPE OF JOB:
• Proficient use of CAD software for developing general arrangement engineering drawing component to aid the construction and installation team.
• Interface with different teams from the design to installation phase in order to ensure quality throughout the project.
• Design Review and Design Verification.
• Sizing of Piping and Valve Material Specifications.
• Checking of Piping Isometrics.
• Study of P&ID’s & other Engineering information.
• Prepare piping layouts and detailed piping plans.
• Prepare pipe support layout drawings.
• Prepare isometrics if required to clarify critical pipe routing.
• Interface with other engineering departments.
• Anode ground bed installation using magnesium anode, zinc anode for protection of oil and gas facilities.
• Evaluation of stray current corrosion effect on nearby oil and gas facilities so as to eliminate its effect by installing insulation joints at intersections.
• To ensure all document related to inspection ready and completed.
• Doing regular inspection before, during and after fabrication, installation/erection and welding of piping work according to ASME B31.1&ASME B31.3
• Liaising with client day to day activity.
• Major duties include quality control on welder performance, scheduling NDT jobs, film interpretation and preparation of report, magnetic particle testing of welds, site coordination.
• Technically competent in Corrosion Engineering. Demonstrated experience and results in an operating environment.
• Corrosion control on pipelines, boilers and pressure vessels by coating, painting, material selection and impressed current cathodic protection.
• Knowledge of metallurgical and material properties, effects of fabrication methods on those properties.
• Good knowledge in international codes and standards. (API, ASME, NACE, ANSI etc.).
Aug.2004- SEPT2006 DAEWOO CONSTRUCTION
BONNY ISLAND, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA
Position AutoCAD DRAFTER
SCOPE OF JOB:
• Producing AutoCAD drawings in order to assist in rapid and accurate construction of site.
• Drafting methods and techniques in AutoCAD.
• Perform basic design using AutoCAD drafting
• Generate 3D model from the produced 2D draft copy.
• Production of isometric drawing from layout.
• Preparing of line and equipment list.
• Production of block diagrams.
• Production of process flow diagram.
• Modification and production of P&ID.
• Prepare technical illustration including diagrams, layout designs and graphical illustrations.
Mar.2002- DRESSER WAYNE
Nov.2002 30/120 ABA ROAD, PORT-HARCOURT, NIGERIA.
POSITION MAINTAINACE ENGINEER (INTERNSHIP)
SCOPE OF JOB:
• Installation of fuel/gas dispenser for clients.
• Liaise with customers for scheduling of routine maintenance of dispensers.
• Commissioning and monitoring of dispensers after installation to ensure smooth and proper running of dispenser.
• Involved in the design layout of gas station to ensure proper installations are carried out in order to reduce the risk of corrosion attack on the buried tank.
• Troubleshoot to ascertain the cause of failure of dispenser and implement action for rectification and repair of the product by interfacing with the warehouse for spares.
GRADUATE COURSES AND DESIGN PROJECT UNDERTAKEN
• Elasticity in Engineering Mechanics
• Modeling and Simulation of Solids
• Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
• Micro and Nano manufacturing.
• Occupational Safety Engineering (OSHA)
• Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
• None Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
• Composite Structures
• Composite Materials
DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURABILITY PROJECT UNDERTAKEN
• Design and product development of a canister Vacuum cleaner from conceptualization to production stage.
RESEARCH THESIS: My present research work involves developing multifunctional composite material by reinforcing the matrix with CNT sheets, threads, ribbon and characterizing the properties of the component for strength, electrical conductivity and strain to failure, ILSS, fracture tougness etc.
RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATION:
1. Yi Song, David Mast, Bolaji Suberu, Chaminda Jayasinghe, Weifeng Li,charles Dandino, Jandro abot5, Vesselin Shanov, Mark Schulz. Basics of Carbon Nanotube Materials for Structural Applications. Nanotechnologies and smart materials for SHM, Ed. A. Catalano, G. Fabbrocino and C. Rainieri, ISBN 978-88-88102-47-4 , Campobasso, Italy, April 2012.
2. Yi Song, David Mast, Bolaji Suberu, Chaminda Jayasinghe, Weifeng Li,charles Dandino, Jandro abot5, Vesselin Shanov, Mark Schulz. SHM Applications of Nanotechnologies for Sensor Development and Communication. Nanotechnologies and smart materials for SHM, Ed. A. Catalano, G. Fabbrocino and C. Rainieri, ISBN 978-88-88102-47-4 , Campobasso, Italy, April 2012.
INVENTION DISCLOSURE (On going):
High Volume Fraction Multifunctional Composites (HVFC) : Bolaji Suberu, Albert Song, Vesselin N. Shanov, Mark J. Schulz ; University Of Cincinnati, Nanoworld Laboratory, 598 Rhodes Hall, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0072.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn fast and impact knowledge
• Good team player with strong analytical mind
• Integrity and transparent honesty
• Self motivated and target-oriented
1. Dr. Mark Schulz
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
University of Cincinnati.
2. Dr. Vaselin Shanov,
Department of Chemical & Materials Engineering,
University of Cincinnati.