Amherst, OH ****1
Job Description Summary:
Results-driven, natural self starter possessing an inherent intellectual curiosity with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects using excellent decision making and negotiation skills.
Highly skilled with other the necessary technologies needed to address today's business issues. Focused with a creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset, as well as strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of client and firm management.
Pavement Technology, Inc.
June 2007 – Current HR/Safety and Risk Manager Westlake, OH
• Possess office and time management skills, judgment, priority setting, and decision-making ability, and demonstrate ability to administer data of a highly confidential nature.
• Identifies and isolates functions, business and practices requiring compliance and risk management activities in accordance with OSHA regulations
• Promotes safe and high quality medical care and compliance with regulatory requirements. Drives an organizational culture of awareness, responsibility, self-policing, and collaboration in ensuring behavior is consistent with codes of conduct, and promotes a culture where reporting of potential problems is confidential, safe, and expected.
• Reviews contracts, files and charts, business relationships and financial matters for risk management and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Stays informed of federal and state regulatory matters and communicates to organization as needed and adjusts compliance and risk programs and protocols as needed.
• Regularly reports to organizational leadership and committees on findings, conclusions, policies and procedures, and plans with respect to investigations, corrective actions, remediation programs, new legal or regulatory requirements, and plan or program modifications.
Pavement Technology, Inc.
October 2004 – June 2007 Accounts Payable Westlake, OH
• Responsible for final review of client billings, allocations of expenses to appropriate ledgers, and conducting comparisons between budgets and actual billable.
• Investigating and resolving differences in accounts, statements, and transactions.
• Interpreting data, statements, and other information to prepare appropriate adjusting entries to balance accounts, systems, or transactions.
• Utilized various research databases and technology to manage and report on customer accounts.
• Assistance with preparing financial statements and monthly management reports including balance sheet and income statement, A/R aging, budget-to-actual reports and cash flow
• Uncover and resolve any discrepancies between bills received and the expected budgets per project estimates
• Creating status reports concerning A/R activities and present this information to management
• Preparation of month end accrual
• Create and manage proactive collection strategies that minimize account delinquency and reduce bad debt.
• Regular interaction with customer contact regarding account balances and discrepancies.
Einstein Brothers, Inc.
March 2002 – October 2004 Assistant Manager North Olmsted, OH
• Recruited, interviewed, selected, trained, and managed staff of 45 restaurant personnel.
• Built staff morale through teamwork initiatives and consistent communication.
• Ensured compliance to company policies, procedures, and applicable employment laws.
• Determined staffing needs based on business conditions, while proactively communicating with corporate office.
• Monitored inventory levels, production, waste, unauthorized ‘giveaways’ to control Cost of Goods without compromising product quality.
• Maintained prompt completion and transmission of all required metrics and company correspondence including inventory data and profit and loss statements.
November 2001 – March 2002 Assistant Manager Westlake, OH
• Pro-actively led efforts to establish cost effective, long-term relationships with key suppliers to optimize total acquisition cost of materials and insure availability of required materials.
• Managed staff of 35 associates. Management duties included hiring and staffing, orientation, training and development, performance management, and career development.
• Monitored inventory levels, production, waste, unauthorized ‘giveaways’ to control Cost of Goods, without compromising product quality.
• Recommend local promotional, marketing, advertising and public relations activities to corporate marketing department and assisted with execution of approved programs.
• Upheld Panera Bread’s standards of product quality, customer service and cleanliness, and its philosophy towards customers, employees and business associates.
• Maintained inventory, ordering, and profit and loss statements for the company.
Diversity Management Certificate – Certification June 2008 – University of Toledo
Associate Degree in Business Administration - Human Resources Management Major Graduation Summer of 2010 – Lorain County Community College
Associate Degree in Programming – Graduation 2001 – Lorain County Community College
Computer Skills: DOS, COBOL, Visual Basics 5.0, Word, Microsoft Access, Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, UNIX, RPG on the AS/400, Database Design and Implementation