San Diego, CA 92104
Keystone Communities, San Diego, CA
Project Coordinator, Forward Planning Department, 2004–Present
• Managed a team of third-party consultants, (architects, civil engineers, etc.) motivating them to meet established deadlines and produce cohesive, successful permit application packages and plan sets. Oversaw consultant bidding and invoicing.
• Communicated formally with city and state officials on behalf of Keystone Communities to address their comments and resolve pending issues.
• Created and maintained project schedules, task lists and permitting and construction budgets, and communicating with Construction and Finance departments, third-party consultants and city and state officials to ensure that all information was correct and that all parties were aware of project status and deadlines.
Capital One Auto Finance, San Diego, CA
Business Analyst, 2004
• Designed and performed ad-hoc analyses in order to optimize pricing strategy and improve conversion and profitability. Developed recommendations and communicated a suggested plan of action to senior management. Directed implementation of approved solution, including designing test/rollout plan, identifying and negotiating resource allocation, supervising installation of desired solution, defining success and success metrics, and evaluating post-installation results.
• Created and regularly updated 3- to 5-year forecast of application conversion rates. Responsibilities included identifying deviations from current trends, creating expected growth curves, quantifying gains from expected improvements, and communicating expected bookings to senior management on a quarterly basis.
Decision Architects (The Monitor Group), Boston, MA
Decision Support Consultant, 2000–2003
• Developed Web-based tools and business models for a variety of clients. I was responsible for interface design, testing, usability, and responding to user feedback. Our methodology gauged the success of our products on ease of use, our understanding of end-user needs, and customer satisfaction.
• Designed various Web-based products for M2C, a market research company within the Monitor Group. I spent two years developing:
o BrandMonitor 1.0, an online tool that enables marketers to analyze their brands using statistical tools. (http://www.monitorsoftware.com/?menuItem=brandmonitor)
o BrandMonitor 2.0, improving the earlier product by incorporating lessons learned from customer feedback on previous version.
o Profiler 2.0 and 2.5, online marketing tools available as part of M2C’s Worksite tool suite.
o Worksite 2.0, a comprehensive Web-based tool suite that allows marketers to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness. I also debugged the product after public release.
• Developed and implemented statistical tools to measure customer satisfaction. I designed a customer satisfaction survey for a major European telecom firm, analyzed survey results using a variety of statistical tools, and then presented recommendations to company stakeholders.
• Supervised entry-level developers at Decision Architects, making sure that projects were completed within established timelines and at exceptional quality levels, and working directly with clients to ensure their needs and goals were given the proper importance by the design team.
• Wrote clear and concise user manuals and comprehensive technical documentation, using Plain English, AP, and house styles for a variety of clients, ranging from Fortune 500 company executives to internal audiences.
• Trained incoming Monitor Group and Decision Architects on Excel functionality. I was responsible for creating and updating training presentations for a variety of audiences (basic tips for Monitor consultants, advanced model-building for Decision Architects employees), as well as delivering hands-on training sessions to small and large groups during orientation period.
• Communicated in cross-cultural situations, using written and verbal fluency in Spanish. I worked in Madrid with a team of local consultants, designing customer satisfaction surveys, analyzing results, and participating in meetings with top executives. I also created a business feasibility model for a local venture capitalist, as well as a comprehensive user manual and technical documentation.
Hudson River Group, Inc., Valhalla, NY
Marketing Analyst, 1998–2000
• Designed and executed customized analytical techniques to address strategic and tactical marketing issues. Clients included MasterCard International, Kraft Foods, Minute Maid/Hi-C, and Liberty of London.
• Created multiple linear-regression models using a variety of statistical packages to evaluate the effectiveness and cost efficiency of clients’ marketing plans.
• Worked directly with the client’s management team to ensure the entire analysis — from database construction to the final report — met guidelines and expectations.
• Created PowerPoint presentations of project findings for clients that could be understood with and without accompanying verbal commentary.
The iSchool at Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
• Master Degree in Library and Information Sciences (accepted into Distance Learning program, beginning part time in Summer 2009)
Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
• B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with an emphasis in Engineering Management, 1997.
• Samuel Florman Fellowship for graduate engineering coursework, 1996.
• Teaching Assistant, ENGS 001 and ENGS 051, 1996/97
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
• B.A. in Engineering Science, 1996.
• Minor in Spanish and Latin American poetry. Additional coursework in geography, physics, and Spanish literature.
• Robert Russell Award for Spanish Poetry Analysis, 1996.
• Sigma Nu Fraternity: President, House Manager, and Intramural Activities Coordinator, 1993-1997.
• Abaris Senior Society: Founding Member, Alumni Board Member, 1996-1997.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Project, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Firefox
HTML, XML, ASP, SQL Server; Visual Basic and VBA, C#, .NET framework, Java
SPSS, SAS, Lotus Notes
Bilingual (spoken and written) in English and Spanish
Professional References Provided Upon Request