Objective: Seeking a challenging opportunity where I will be able to utilize my strong organizational skills, educational background, and exceptional people skills, which will allow me to grow personally and professionally within the accounting field.
• Degree in accounting with knowledge of general accounting principles including operations, financial statement preparation, taxes and business management.
• Group projects in individual and corporate taxes and financial statements.
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make well thought out decisions.
• Knowledge in Excel and ACL
• Performed bookkeeping and accounts reconciliation for small businesses: Ultimate Salon, Nail Image, and Lamour Nails
University of Alabama at Birmingham:Birmingham, AL
• Bachelor in Accounting 2012
Coursework: Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting, Auditing and Fraud Prevention, and Tax Accounting.
Rose’s Nails: Inverness, AL A/P,Bookkeeper 2010 - present
• Worked full time while finishing my Accounting degree at UAB.
• Maintain knowledge of current techniques in the industry.
• Performed bookkeeping and accounts reconciliation.
Rose Nails: Bessemer, AL Manager 2008 - 2010 Manager 1995 - 2005
• Responsible for Managing the Salon.
• Supervised hiring, training, and coaching of 6 nail technicians.
• Performed bookkeeping, AP, AR and GL reconciliation.
• Managed relationships with vendors and suppliers regarding open purchase orders and invoices.
• Reviewed and reconciled budget variances in actual versus projected revenue and expenditures.
• Conducted cost analysis to identify opportunities for savings and increase revenue.
Nailtopia Birmingham, AL Owner 2005 - 2008
• As owner, was responsible for management, accounting functions, scheduling, inventory control, and maintaining customer satisfaction.