KEITH N. MILLER, J.D.
Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
Attorney with 25 years of experience in title companies and general practice law firms. Performed underwriting and closing attorney duties as well as estate, family and bankruptcy practice.
2007 to 2008, CBC/Innovis, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Credit Reporting and Default Outsourcing Company.
April 2007 – July 2008, Manager of the default outsourcing team for GMAC.
• Managed Reinstatements, Judgment Quotes, MFR Referrals and Bankruptcy and Foreclosure
Corporate and Escrow Breakdowns.
• Team had delay rate of approximately 1% within allowed 5% standard.
• Assisted in creation of procedural upgrades to the various processes.
2005 to 2006, LSI, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, title, appraisal and closing management company
Serving lenders in 48 states.
Sept. 2005 – December 2006 Asst. Vice President, Branch Manager, Local Solutions,
Head of Risk Management for Local Solutions, Manager Document Preparation Team.
• Underwriting counsel for 48 states.
• Examined and approved high liability searches in excess of $1,000,000.00
• Consulted with and advised Closing Management Division heads as to practice and ` procedure.
• Managed the start up of the Local Solutions branch of LSI in Pittsburgh. Aimed
Towards capturing the local small lender market by providing them with the
Capabilities of a large title company.
• Managed the Document Preparation Team which produced in excess of 700
Deeds and other documents per month.
1995 to 2005, SOLE PRACTITIONER, Monroeville, Pennsylvania.
Sole Practitioner with concentration in real estate, wills and estates.
• Contract closer for six different title agencies.
• Performed title review and title clearance.
• Performed consultation work for title agencies expanding into purchase closings.
1993 to 1995, LENDER'S SERVICE INC., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, title, appraisal, and closing management company serving lenders in 28 states.
1993 1995 Manager, Risk Management
Responsible for title risk decisions and quality control of a group of experienced title examiners. Directed continuing education for examiners and operations personnel. Report to Vice President, Risk Management.
• Underwriting counsel for 28 states.
• Examined and approved high liability searches in excess of $500,000.
• Developed and taught continuing title education classes to examination and operation personnel.
• Produced division wide educational bulletins.
• Consulted with and advised Closing Management Division heads as to practice and procedure.
• Assisted in licensing and expansion into additional states.
• Performed legal research on Westlaw computer net.
1989 to 1993, MIDLAND OF PENNSYLVANIA, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania title agency for First American Title Company.
1989 1993 Closing Attorney
Responsible for high volume residential closing and some commercial closings as well as underwriting functions. Reported to Head Attorney
• Prepared and closed 700 residential closings per year.
• Reviewed and approved titles abstracts.
• Resolved title problems and advised branch offices as to underwriting questions.
• Performed minor litigation for the firm.
1987 to 1989, HYATT LEGAL SERVICES, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, general practice legal firm.
1988 1989 Managing Attorney 1987 1988 Staff Attorney
Responsible for supervision of staff attorneys and legal assistants and high volume caseload management. Reported to District Manager.
• Supervised two attorneys and two legal assistants.
• Conducted performance evaluations.
• Maintained high volume legal representation.
• Practice included family law, bankruptcy, estates, wills, real estate, and litigation.
1983 to 1986, PAUL A. LOVE, ESQ., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a sole practitioner with a general practice.
1983 1986 Associate
• Practice included estate administration, tax research, real estate, and litigation.
1982 to 1983, SALAMON & LANG, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1982 1983 Clerk
• Wrote pleadings, briefs, and performed research.
1977 to 1982, EVELYN WOOD READING DYNAMICS, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
1977 1982 Speed Reading Instructor
• Taught and organized classes and sales.
Master's Degree, Taxation, Robert Morris College (1987)
Juris Doctor, Duquesne Law School (1982)
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, University of Pittsburgh (1978)
Pennsylvania Supreme Court
United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
United States Tax Court