Charleston, SC, 29420 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am seeking a position in business administration where I will have the opportunity of utilizing my education in business, developing and implementing business strategies, and using exceptional communication skills to create a work environment that is not only challenging but rewarding while having the opportunity to climb the corporate ladder within an organization.
• Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC, Associates of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences (2010)
• The Citadel, Charleston, SC, BA Business Administration (2010-2012) *Current GPA: 3.6
Bed, Bath, and Beyond | Charleston, SC, | 11/2012 – current | Sales Associate
* Responsible for merchandising, marketing, and selling the current promotion along with base items. The ability to conduct presentations to prospective customers on a number of products while providing them with information about the products. Responsible for meeting sales goals on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Ability to build and maintain good rapport with customers.
Bacchus Marketing | Columbia, SC, | 05/2011 – current | Marketing Representative
* Responsible for marketing the current promotion. Involves a high level of technical skills in marketing for brand recognition throughout the Charleston market. The ability to demonstrate a high quality level of customer service and the ability to communicate on various levels with advertisers, clients, & customers. The ability to conduct professional presentations to prospective clients. Ability to build and maintain good rapport with all clients.
Jan Turner | W. Montague, Charleston, SC, 29405 | 10/2010 – 6/2011 | Personal Assistant
* Responsible for antique store operations including sales, pricing, and floor layout. Served as a personal assistant for Jan Turner; performing all essential tasks as required on a daily basis including coordinating dates and times of events. Promotion of Village Hall through personal interactions and setting up for events. Excellent time management, interpersonal & multitasking skills.
Ross | 7250 Rivers Ave., Charleston, SC, 29406 | 01/2004–12/2009 | Cash Office Administrator
* Responsible for bookkeeping and monetary operations including store deposits. Recorded & filed all accounting paperwork. Calculated and transmitted weekly sales reports, LP reports, and employee stats to headquarters. Detail oriented and a high level of organizational skills. Possess strong customer service skills and client focused attitude. Responsible for leading, managing, and monitoring the performance of customer service team. Trained sales associates to deliver a high standard of customer service and conducted company and product orientations. Successfully performed managerial duties during manager's absence.
Post & Courier | 134 Columbus St., Charleston, SC, 29403 | 12/2008–11/2009 | Newspaper Carrier *Responsibilities included being time efficient on a daily basis and very dependable. Bookkeeping of all accounts. Maintained accurate record of expenses & profits. Created cooperative working relationships with others.
Young’s Fashion | Robert Toombs Ave., Washington, Ga | 04/2003–12/2003 | Sales Associate
*Maintained a record of sales. Met customer needs & concerns daily. Other duties such as merchandising and customer service. Arranged store displays of dressing store windows and feature merchandise. Accountable for all the aspects of customer service including securing store at close and made bank deposits.
Angel Wings Flowers & Gifts | Robert Toombs Ave., Washington,Ga | 01/1999–01/2000 | Sales Associate
* Ensured the on-time preparation and delivery of large orders for weddings, graduations, funerals, etc. Assembled arrangements when needed. Cashier and greeter.
N. Charleston Recreation | Danny Jones/Park Circle| 03/2008–current | Volunteer
• Ability to project a friendly attitude.
• Ability to work with a variety of ages and personalities.
• Ability to coordinate fundraisers and reach a specific monetary goal.
• Ability to coordinate team events.
• Maintained a record of cash in-flow and out-flow.
• Extensive experience in servicing customers; an independent self-starter.
• Superior communication skills in dealing with customers, co-workers, and employees. Both verbal and written skills are strong.
• Well organized, highly efficient working in a multi-tasking environment, and the ability to execute in a timely manner. Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
• Possess exceptional ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues, and win customer loyalty.
• Adaptability and the ability to work under pressure.
• Intermediate in business applications such as Excel, Word, and Access.
• Accurate in money handling and bookkeeping; great organizational skill set.
• Identifies problems and resolves with alternatives.
• Eye for detail and coordinates tasks.
• Great decision making independently as well as with others while possessing the ability to preplan and follow through effectively.
Reference References Available on Request