*** ******* ***** ****, ***********, MS 39401
Phone: 601-***-**** (Mobil), Email: email@example.com
Environmental, Health, and Safety professional who is reliable, focused and offering experience in a variety of areas ranging from oil & gas, chemical and refinery operations, engineering projects, and lean manufacturing. Environmental, Health, and Safety management expertise encompassing team-building and leadership, security management, risk and crisis management, organizational development, and quality/performance improvement. Possess keen attention to details, complemented with excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Provide knowledge and expertise for compliance with key governmental regulations through OSHA, EPA, and DOT, HAZMAT and other state and local regulations.
• Serve as the administrator for the safety leadership committee and as leader or member of other safety committees/teams as necessary to drive EHS policies and procedures.
• Ensure and maintain compliance with environmental regulations including but not limited to: Title V Permit Management; EPA NESHAPS and NPDES Permits; Wastewater and Storm Permits; RCRA, CERLA, EPCRA reporting.
• Provide expertise in the application of such tools as EHS Training and Communications, Job Safety Analysis, HAZWOPER Training, Auditing, Behavioral Safety, Process Improvement, Equipment Safeguarding, Environmental Sampling, Change Management, Injury/Illness and Environmental Root Cause Incident Investigations.
• Ensure and maintain compliance with safety and health regulations and policies including but not limited to: Hazardous Communication(HAZCOM), Emergency Action Plans(EAP), Lockout/Tag-out, Confined Space Entry permitting, Hot Work permitting, Hearing Conservation program, Crane and Forklift Safety, Heat Stress, Electrical Safety, Blood-borne Pathogens, Respiration Protection Fire Safety and Personal Protective Equipment.
• Maintain accurate records and reporting processes, including but not limited to: OSHA 300, environmental calendar, regulatory agencies, key performance indicators (KPI), and corporate.
• Ensure that facility’s Industrial Hygiene program is in compliance with corporate policies.
• Lead the ISO 14001 processes to drive environmental stewardship initiatives.
• Manage workers’ compensation insurance claims for employee benefits while protecting the company’s interest from illegal claims.
• Respond urgently to emergence events 24/7 which includes but not limited to: accidents, injuries, near misses, environmental hazards, spills, facility emergencies.
• Manage and develop departmental budgets for EHS activities including but not limited to: waste removal, consulting services, laboratory testing, personal protective equipment, and safety recognition and performance awards.
Stion Corporation, Hattiesburg, Mississippi 06/2011 – 04/2012
Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Work under the general direction of the Vice President of Manufacturing and plant manager with minimum direction on a wide variety of technical assignments within the environmental, health and safety disciplines. Interact effectively with environmental health & safety agencies, site employees, visitors, suppliers, corporate and site management. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support the plant manager on EHS matters related to associate safety, environmental protection, facility and property protection, and process safety in a manufacturing environment.
• Complete policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHS compliances and achieve company goals.
• Monitor and evaluate the impact of laws, regulations, and industry standards.
• Lead efforts on projects and cross-functional teams in the direction of a continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly.
• Ensure required records, permits, and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by local, state, and federal agencies.
• Train new and existing employees on company policies, procedures and regulations as required by regulations and best practices.
• Identify hazardous workplace conditions, perform and document job hazard analysis, and coordinate activities that ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
• Respond to day-to-day associate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
Manage the investigation and assessment of work-related injuries, illnesses, and near-misses.
• Work with Human Resources on workers compensation and return to work programs.
• Review, measure, audit, and report on efforts in attaining compliance with EHS laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices to all levels of the organization.
• Perform internal audits and inspections of facility and operations.
• Serves as the site Chief Incident Commander of the Emergency Response Team, a position that requires proficient in HAZMAT, incipient fire, medical, and other potential emergencies.
• Serve as liaison for government agencies to coordinate the removal of hazardous waste materials.
Touro Group, Inc. New Orleans, Louisiana 05/2009 –05/2011
Technip USA, Houston, Texas 08/2005 – 04/2009
ExxonMobil, Houston, Texas 02/1990 – 08/2005
United States Army, San Francisco, CA 10/1986--10/1989
Army Medical Aviation Officer
Combat Ready EMT-B Paramedic 17 years of Reserve Duty
Masters in Business Administration in Environmental Management, May 2006
Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, Southern University A&M
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Environmental and Safety Compliance Officer (CESCO)
Six Sigma Lean/Design Training
Emergency Incident Commander Training
Workplace Violence Prevention Specialist Training
OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Trainer
DOT HAZMAT Training
American Society of Safety Engineers
Project Management Institute (PMI)
National Safety Council (NSC)
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SAP, Oracle, and internal safety management systems
Participate in corporate fundraising projects for the community through the United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Cancer Awareness, and MDA, including blood and food drives.
Can speak and translate French