Clinton Township, MI 48038 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Management Project Engineering Manufacturing Supplier Management
Highly motivated senior engineering controls professional with over 12 years in automation. Demonstrated success managing and implementing complex engineering projects with attention to detail of plant floor to system server level. An experienced leader with a reputation of consistently exceeding internal and external customer requirements. Fluent in Spanish, Arabic and English.
Controls Engineering Appropriations Planning Budgets & Schedules Management
Error Proofing Systems, SCADA Power Circuits Machine Build Reviews
Supplier Evaluations Machining Equipment Experience Assembly Equipment Experience
Quality Systems (PPAP,PFMEA) Lean Manufacturing Scope Of Work Definition
Electronic Data Systems an HP Company Troy, MI November 1997 - June 2009
Project Engineer/ Program Manager/ Sr.Controls Engineer,
Client: American Axle Manufacturing
• Lead IT/Controls Engineering for Driveshaft Manufacturing corporate wide in US & Mexico.
• Managed Project teams in implementation & Error Proofing Systems on Driveshaft machining and assembly Lines at Mexico & US plants resulting in cost savings of Millions.
• Worked closely with Quality, Manufacturing, Industrial & Facility Engineering groups on quality, lean manufacturing and process change initiatives.
• Reviewed Control Drawings Power Distribution Circuits to ensure company standards, industry codes and safety are met. Experience with Simplicity, Wonderware, Iconics, Intellution.
• Supported machine build, testing and installation activities including systems run-off & Validation. Also reviewed/verified tooling designs and integration.
• Developed machine and system scope of work and specifications; enhancing controls capabilities resulting in reduced machine down time.
• Corporate lead engineer for new capital equipment and transfers for controls reconfiguration resulting in reduced cycle time and energy savings.
• Experience with appropriation requests, developing RFQ’s, reviewed quotations, supplier solutions and provided technical evaluations to the team and provided capital equipment cost savings.
• Managed supplier’s development activities.
• Established hardware and software corporate standards for electrical and instrument controls. Experience with welding, assembly and balancing operations.
• Full responsibility of budgets and schedules; provided senior management with project updates.
• Traveled internationally for machine design, run-off/validation and implementation.
• Supported lean manufacturing group. Plant layout planning.
• Experience with numerous Allen Bradley platforms, Siemens Step 7.
• Supported plants with machine breakdowns and assisted with maintenance scheduling and training.
• Modified the sequence of operations for the affected assembly stations resulting in 5% to 15% in down time reduction; this was subsequently implemented in plants in Michigan, New York, Ohio and Mexico.
Client: General Motors Metal Fabricating Division
• Installed C-MORE (Throughput Analysis) on the Aluminum Cradle line at the Flint Metal Center.
• Project Planner for the MFDY2K group. Facilitated the Y2K assessment, remediation, and testing of Systems across several plants in US.
Client: General Motors North American Produce Product
• Lead controls development activities for the GM Common Systems of Option Data
Delivery (ODD) and Quality Andon System (QAS) on the ControlLogix
• Took lead in the development activities of FIS (Factory Information System).
• Project engineer for design and documentation efforts for other GM Common Systems.
• Setup lab environment and conducted testing of the GM Common System templates resulting in cost saving and reduced problems during implementations.
• Experience with SDP-21 process.
Client: General Motors Orion Assembly
• Lead engineer for SFE/FLEX system interface with the plant floor equipment, by creating a PLC database for vehicle build information that reduces build errors.
• Interfaced with multiple suppliers for system integration.
Client: Dow Chemicals (DowNET Project)
• Worked as a Network and System Administrator.
• Installed routers, switches and servers for supporting the IP Phones infrastructure in numerous plants across Canada and Houston, TX areas.
• Managed data migration that included retiring legacy systems for Canadian sites.
Ford Motor Company, Rawsonville, MI May 1997 - November 1997
• Supported Manufacturing Engineers to improve the cycle time of assembly operations.
• Cross functional team member for Quality and Lean Manufacturing Processes in assembly and machining operations.
• Trouble shoot machinery during downtime.
• Conducted preventive maintenance.
The Aarell Company, Troy, MI August 1996 – May 1997
• Developed windows-based Panelview software for process control.
• Developed and conducted start-up of Building Facility Controls. Air Handling Houses for general temperature control in plant, Supply & Exhaust fans for circulation and building pressurization and Hot & Chilled Water loops for Paint Shop.
• Facilitated training for maintenance and operation of Air Supply Houses.
• Revised electrical prints and ordered equipment that met customer’s specifications.
• Worked on and installed Smart Motor Controls and Variable Frequency Drives.
• Developed controls systems on various Allen Bradley PLC platforms.
Bachelors of Electrical Engineering University of Michigan
39850 Coalport PH: 586-***-****
Clinton Township, MI 48038 E-mail: email@example.com
Project Engineering Support
• Designed Error Proofing System for Driveshaft Assembly. This reduced miss builds
• Working with Manufacturing and Quality Engineers for Project Scope definition and requirements.
• Working with Industrial Engineers for Process Flow and equipment layouts as well as machine level device mountings.
• Review Machine Controls Drawings for mark-up and approvals. Ensuring they meet company approved components list.
• Reviewed Machine Controls Drawings to ensure they meet industry and company power and safety standards. Vision systems error proofing.
• Review and evaluate Supplier Quotations.
• Supporting machine run-offs and installations from the IT and Controls perspective.
• Traveled Internationally to Mexico, England and Germany.
• Developed supporting documentation and training manuals.
Project Management Support
• Leading all IT and Controls activities from cradle to grave for Driveshaft Manufacturing.
• Have sourced and managed suppliers for development and installation activities.
• Have networked with local distributors and worked with Plant and Corporate personnel for business evaluations.
• Working with Buyers in Quoting, Requisition entry and Purchase Orders for obtaining hardware and software items.
• Assist in writing the Request For Quote documents for Machine and System Level.
• Tracking machine build and implementation status and reporting to management.
• Attended numerous Workshops for Manufacturing Planning with Plants.
• Attend weekly status meetings with program launch teams.
• Worked with Logistics personnel with shipping requirements for machinery and other hardware.
Developed the following Controls Systems:
• Developed Error Proofing Systems.
• Developed Manufacturing Supervisory Systems.
• Developed Manufacturing Build Systems.
• Experience with numerous Allen Bradley platforms for 12 years.
• Development and troubleshooting experience with Siemens Step 7 (6 months).
• Lead and design innovative and complex projects.
• Effectively train associates.
• Direct plant teams to implement action items.
• Provide guidance for less experienced peers.
• Drive project design that benefit customers and increase profits.
• Roll model, a strong work ethic and customer driven focus.
• Lead numerous successful installations.
• All performance review feedback from peers and customers are above average.
• Always utilized for project work (no bench time).
• Promoted based on job performance and leadership qualities.