Simone S. Bryan
Profile • Over 5 years experience in event production and promotions both large and small scale.
• Ability to direct complex projects from concept to completion.
• Experienced in developing and launching marketing and promotional campaigns.
• Self-motivated individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Excellent and versatile writing (60 wpm) , verbal and communication skills
• Great troubleshooter, meticulous worker and detail-oriented.
• Proven ability to work well with both co-workers and decision-makers.
B.Sc., Management Studies & Political Science (w. honors), Jamaica W.I., The University of the West Indies- Mona Class of ‘06
Minor Concentrations: Mass Communications & Gender Studies
Employment Managing Editor& PR Specialist , Jamaque Intl., FL
• Copywriter, Copy Editor and Content Creative for editorial calendar and quarterly publication.
• Copy editing and proofreading for all guest and contributing writing and articles.
• Responsible for west coast and Caribbean Diaspora marketing and branding. 2007-present
Marketing & Administrative Coordinator, Unique Image Inc., Northridge, CA
• Executed all administrative and clerical duties for parent company and subsidiaries***
• Researched and developed marketing and branding campaigns for clients and in-house events and promotions
• Prepared and disseminated all media and marketing material for company and in-house productions
• Copy writer and copy editor for all marketing, web and in-house productions
• Assisted in overall production of campaigns and events
Assistant Editor & Copy Writer- ***ALO Hayati magazine (subsidiary of Unique Image Inc.)
- Served as copy writer for in-house publication ALO Hayati magazine
- Proofread and edited overall publication
- Assisted in development and content creative of editorial calendar and contributed articles
- Prepared and distributed marketing and media alerts and promotions 2006-2007
COO & Creative Director, Wordsmith Inc., USA/W.I./Europe/Japan
• Founding member and Chief Operations Officer
• Creating and maintain an independent cooperative to assist emerging journalism and multimedia creatives in developing their craft
• Currently manage an international team of 12 undergraduates with concentrations in arts & multimedia, journalism and mass communications
• Produce annual summer writing workshop “Free-Hand Writers”- designed to teach urban-city youth basic English language writing, verbal and comprehensive skills 2004-Present