VICTOR E. LEON: DRAFTER / DESIGNER
Rahway, N.J. *7065
Cell #: 908-***-**** --- Email: email@example.com
I have many years of experience in Mechanical and Electrical drafting and design. I’m a quality driven drafter. My goal is to exceed the expectations of my internal and external customers, by doing the best job possible. I work with special attention to quality and continuously improving the process & technique.
Skills & Qualifications:
AutoCAD from Rel. 10 to Version 2012 : SolidWorks 2007 training : Microsoft Windows Office Suite
(Word & Excel) : Outlook : Adobe Acrobat : Photoshop : Illustrator : Bi-lingual in Spanish.
Work History: Most recent jobs listed first.
Cozzoli Machine Company: 50 Schoolhouse Rd, Somerset, NJ 08873 (May 2012 – July 2012)
Manufacturing of machinery used for pharmaceutical, cosmetic, beauty aids & health products assembly & packaging.
“Used AutoCAD Mechanical to generate drawings of new designs, per the guidance of the Lead Engineer.”
- Generated part numbers & update Bill of Materials database.
- Generated 2D & 3D parametric drawings for Manufacturing with latest design updates using Product Change Request ISO process.
- Generated new designs for starwheel sub-assemblies per container sample and instructions from Lead Engineer.
Edison Machine: 25 Liberty Street, Metuchen, NJ 08840 (March 2012 – May 2012)
Repair, maintenance and replacement of mechanical components for various major utilities.
“Used AutoCAD 2012 to generate drawings for machine shop manufacture of metal components used in equipment such as valves, pumps and turbines.”
- Generated 2D & 3D parametric drawings from project manager sketches per customer request. Provide machine shop with latest prints and updates as required.
- Used various measuring devices for reverse engineering, to generate complete manufacturing documentation.
Freeman Co.: 909 Newark / Jersey City Turnpike, Kearny, NJ 07032 (Jan. 2011 – Jan. 2012)
Your complete Exhibition & Convention Center resource company for every aspect of the show.
“Use AutoCAD 2010 to generate floor plan layouts for shows in various Convention Centers and Hotels in North Eastern United States.”
- Generated booth layouts for exhibit and convention center locations, as required by Customer and Sales Associate.
- Generated custom layouts, in 2D for various aspects of a show, like Poster Boards, Banners, Tables & Chairs, Etc.
QEI Inc.: 60 Fadem Road, Springfield, NJ 07081 (June – July 2009) Assignment for Joule Technical Staffing
SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) for Water/Wastewater, Transportation, Electrical and Oil/Gas.
”Used Autocad 2004 to generate all dwg’s as a temporary substitute for lead drafter during extended vacation.”
- Responsible for implementing drafting changes to all mechanical & electrical drawings and parts list documentation.
HT Pump Specialties: 20 New Dutch Lane, Fairfield, NJ 07004 (Sep 2007 – Oct 2008)
Custom ordered receiver pumping systems with NEMA control panel enclosures for the following:
Condensate Return - Boiler Feed - Pressure Boosters – Vacuum Liquid Ring.
“Used AutoCAD R14 to generate all levels of drawings for Tank & Pump systems as required for Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales & Marketing.”
- Used Adobe Acrobat to maintain PDF libraries for manufacturer specifications & approved final assemblies.
- Used AutoCAD to generate 2D & 3D designs of the following: Machine shop drawings & final assembly dwgs of proposals for new custom designs; Elevated mounting platforms for custom tank & pump systems
- Designed layouts of NEMA enclosure control panels to support mechanical engineer design concepts.
Heat-Timer Corporation: 20 New Dutch Lane, Fairfield, NJ 07004 (Oct 1998 – Sep 2007)
Control & Measurement Equipment for the following: Steam & Hydronic Heating; Modulation & Sequencing; Sensors & Valves; Digital Set Points; Snow Melt; Air Conditioning.
“Used the latest AutoCAD to generate all dwgs for Heating Controls & measurements equipment manufacture.”
- Controlled all changes to company database Bill of Materials.
- Key member of the team, including the Engineering & Manufacturing Managers that prepare the company for ISO 9000 certification. I was the author of the Engineering Change Request/Order procedure.
Generated 2D & 3D designs of the following: All part and assembly dwgs; Visual aid assembly dwgs for Manufacturing; Drawings for Technical manuals and associated literature; Metal and plastic enclosures for PCB assemblies; PCB mounting & wiring configuration; Metal & plastic panel cutouts and artwork using AutoCAD files converted to Illustrator.
Dranetz-BMI: 1000 New Durham Ave, Edison, NJ 07088 (Apr 1989 – Oct 1998)
Power Quality Monitoring and Management Instrumentation Systems and Services.
Used AutoCAD R14 to generate drawings of Energy Monitoring & Management equipment for Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing.”
- I was a member of the team assigned to prepare the company for ISO 9000 certification.
- Used AutoCAD R12 & R14 to generated 2D, Isometric & 3D of the following: Standard drawing forms & formats; Review, Implementation and Distribution of Engineering Change Orders; PCB layout support; Schematic creation; All parts and assembly drawings for Engineering & Manufacturing; Illustration drawings for Technical Manuals.
Avionic Instruments: 1414 Randolph Ave, Avenel, NJ 07001 (Sep 1987 – Mar 1989)
Power Static Inverters/Frequency Converters and Associated Products for Commercial, Military and Space applications in the Aerospace Industry.
“Created all drawings manually of Power Inverter/Converter equipment for Engineering & Manufacturing.”
- Created 2D & Isometric drawings manually for the following: Standard drawing forms & formats; Review, Implementation and Distribution of Engineering Change Orders; PCB layout support; Schematic creation; All parts and assembly drawings for Engineering & Manufacturing.
AT&T Bell Laboratories: 67 Whippany Rd, Whippany, NJ 07981 (1985 – 1987)
Research & Development Facility: Known for many great accomplishments such as the first demonstration of long distance television transmissions in the late 1920’s & development of the transistor in the mid 1940’s and technological inventions and innovations that are too many to list in this document.
“Under contract I supported PCB Layout and CAD schematic changes.”
- Created parts list and generated supporting documents to assist PCB designers in layout of design.
- Incorporated basic design changes into CAD schematics per Engineers marked-up prints.
Atlantic Designs: Commerce St, Springfield, NJ 07081 (1984 – 1985)
Job shop for many companies requiring various types of applications.
“Created various types of manually generated drawings, including Underwater Cable Systems.”
- Manual drafting of PCB designs and schematics. List of materials created in ink with templates.
- Manual drafting of glass laboratory containers. Manual drafting of fiber optic underwater cable systems.
CDM Institute: 1 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ (November – December 2009)
NJ State Licensed training facility for new career or current profession enhancement.
CAD Drafting course including Autodesk Autocad 2010, Autodesk Architectural Desktop and Solidworks 2007.
- Certificate of Completion from Autodesk for 240 hours of Mechanical Autocad 2010 Drafting.
- Certificate In Recognition of Completion for Solidworks.
Lyons Technical Institute: Commerce Place, Clark, NJ (1982 - 1984)
Vocational school for Drafting and Medical Technicians - Mechanical Drafting Certificate