LUIS A. BEDOYA
Senior marketing, business development and strategic management professional. Develops strategies that realign existing business models and take corporations to unprecedented revenue, profit and market performance. Experienced within highly diverse industries resulting in cross-functional and cross-industry expertise that has proven to add value on a consistent basis. Significant experience in South American markets. Bilingual in English and Spanish and knowledge of Portuguese. Eligible to work for any U.S. employer.
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP - STRATEGIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - MARKET DEVELOPMENT/EXPANSION
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT - REVENUE GENERATION - PRODUCT INTRODUCTION - FINANCIAL EXPERTISE
WORLD PARTY, USA. 2007 – Present
Peruvian wholesaler for party supplies and general merchandise.
Director of International Sales
Developed and executed the annual global sales plan to increase company’s profit and revenue. Targeted existing and new markets to identify and capture business opportunities. Defined international sales and marketing strategies. Ensured timely product manufacturing and delivery.
* Expanded international sales by 23% and 12% in 2007 and 2008 respectively.
* Pursued new business development and geographic expansion via strategic business alliances and niche development.
* Managed 14 international accounts in Latin America and Europe. Effectively negotiated sales contracts with international clients.
* Developed sales strategies, pricing, and communication plan for new products.
* Managed strategic sourcing of suppliers to meet client needs.
DIB – HOME DECOR, PERU. 2004 – 2007
$75 million Chilean multinational home textile company, wholesaler and distributor in Mexico, Peru, Chile and Argentina. Peruvian division contributes with 30% of the company’s annual sales.
Vice President of Marketing and Strategy
Responsible for the Home Decor marketing and business development strategies for Latin America. Directed all marketing activities in a business-to-business environment for 100 department stores and retail establishments in Peru. Determined new product lines. Searched and negotiated with international suppliers. Extensive budget and people responsibilities.
*Defined the company’s Strategic Plan for the next 5 years. The Plan turned around company’s declining performance and drove profits and business forward; improving company’s sales by 19% and increasing profits by 12%.
*Formulated and implemented a global restructuring plan which redefined the product mix; reduced inventory costs by eliminating overlapping products and liquidating old inventory; simplified structures; and reduced overhead costs, resulting in a 12% profit increase.
*Defined and standardized new pricing and credit policies. Established mark-up ranges for each product category and type of client; determined credit limits and payment terms. Improved operational efficiencies through consistent practices and reduced receivables by 20%.
*Successfully negotiated and managed contracts and license agreements with Disney Consumer Products for selling carpets and placemats. Increased the company’s sales by 5%.
*Managed worldwide strategic sourcing of suppliers for new and existing products to drive redefinition of new product mix forward. Built strong business relationships with suppliers from Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Experience attending international trade shows.
*Negotiated lines of credit with Banks and suppliers, which eased the purchasing process and reduced financial expenses by 7%.
*Launched an exclusive store as a new selling channel for a unique product mix. Conceived, authored and implemented entire business plan successfully.
TELEFONICA – TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY, PERU. 2000 - 2002
$1.2 billion top Spanish multinational telecommunications company. The Public Telephone business unit contributes with 20% of the company’s annual sales.
Director of Marketing and Strategy
Oversaw strategic marketing and business planning for a $240 million Public Telephone Business Unit. Directed all marketing activities in business-to-consumer and business-to-business environments and a team of 30 people. Successfully managed and executed a $10 million advertising and sales budget. Directly responsible for new product development, sales and distribution management of leading telephone calling cards in more than 36,000 retail point of sales. Managed Business Procedures Improvement and Customer Service departments.
* Directed marketing and business strategic plans. Increased product usage and maintained company leadership in the industry
* Developed and executed extensive regional and nation-wide multi-channel Marketing Plans that included TV, radio and print. Grew sales by 400% translating to an increase in monthly revenue from $800,000 to $4,000,000.
* Led new product development from conception through launch. Products increased company’s sales and presence in the marketplace and filled an existing void in mass-market. Launched products included virtual phone cards, rechargeable phone cards, single-destination phone cards and Super Plus 147.
* Restructured distribution process of calling cards market. Re-negotiated and re-assigned channels and territories to existing and new distributors, increased points of sales by 40% (36,000 pos) and reduced operational costs.
* Managed multi-channel promotions and incentives programs to accelerate selling process.
Evaluated and implemented improvements in accounting, taxation, operational and information technology processes
CREDIT BANK OF PERU, PERU. 1997 - 2000
$600 million top commercial bank in Peru with more than $6 billion in assets, 210 subsidiaries around the world and more than 2 million customers.
Business Development and Financial Consultant
Negotiated, evaluated and provided middle and long-term loans and financial leasing exceeding $1 million to corporations. Full cycle expertise from finding and contacting prospects; evaluating financial statements, forecasts, projects and strategies, structuring, negotiating and closing. Presented clients to the Credit Committee. Management consulting.
* Developed marketing strategies to increase product awareness and prospecting.
* Negotiated, evaluated and provided more than $50,000,000 in middle and long-term loans and financial leasing exceeding $1,000,000 to corporations of 3 regional branches of the Bank. Exceeded department’s goals for 1997 and 1998 by 40% and 10% respectively.
* Provided management consulting in restructuring, cost reductions and strategy.
* Customized the forecast model for 3 different industries: Mining, Fishing and Oil using the existing model for all the other industries.
VEGSA – CONSTRUCTION AND OIL COMPANY, PERU. 1994 - 1996
$41 million Peruvian construction and Petroleum Company.
Financial and Administrative Manager
Managed all financial and administrative functions for 16 oil and construction sites, including planning, forecasting, reporting, acquisitions, control, audit and information systems.
* Provided financial evaluation for Lot II Petroleum Project, achieving an 82% increase in the crude barrel price paid by the Peruvian Public Petroleum Institution.
* Performed financial analysis of each petroleum project and closed uncompetitive capacity, increasing company’s profits by 6%.
* Established capital expenditure prioritization and strengthened business unit controls.
* Restructured financial information reporting process from each site, insuring its integrity.
* Renegotiated debt with suppliers, reducing financial expenses by 8%.
MERCASUR, ARGENTINA. 1991 -1993
$3 million Argentinean house construction materials importer and wholesaler.
Marketing and Sales Assistant
Participated in all marketing and selling activities in business-to-business and business-to-retailer environments.
* Increased sales by 25% and 30% in 1992 and 1993 respectively.
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, BOSTON, MA. 2003 - 2004
Certificate of Special Studies in Administration and Management.
ESAN GRADUATES BUSINESS SCHOOL, PERU. 1996 - 1997
MBA. Majored in Marketing and Strategy. Ranked 6 out of 120 students in class.
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF CORDOBA, ARGENTINA. 1989 - 1993
Degree in Economics. Graduated with honors.