Plano TX 75024 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Over 3 years of hands-on technical and experience in EDI – Gentran NT and Gentran Integration Suite (GIS)
• Over 18 years of Managerial, functional and technical experience in IT.
• Experience in conversion of legacy data into JDE systems
• Strong client interface, requirement understanding and production support.
• Participation in various projects provides me the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver result in a goal –oriented environment.
• Collaborated in many complete System Development Life Cycle
• Vast experience of interviewing, hiring and disciplining team members
Global Integration Services Specialists February 2005 – present
Have designed, developed, unit tested, Integration tested and implemented several End-to-End X12, Flat File, CSV, and XML format transactions using GIS; see the following for details:
o ANSI X12
004010 & 004030
• (846,832,850,855,856,810,870 and 997)
o Flat file, CSV and XML
Sales Order, Sales Order Acknowledge, Advance Shipment Notice, Invoice
Have strong knowledge of GIS Mapper
Flat File to X12
X12 to Flat File
X12 to ODBC (Database)
ODBC (Database) to X12
Have implemented :
o FTP & SFTP using WSFTP server
o AS2 using GIS 4.X
Have knowledge of Business Process using GIS 4.X BPM and created business processes for:
o Inbound & Outbound X12 data processing
o Inbound & Outbound Flat file, CSV and XML data processing
Have written EDI specifications for:
o X12 850 & 855 transaction for 004010 standard
o Flat File - Sales Orders & Sales Orders Acknowledgment
Have been involved in project where real-time data exchange was a requirement
Provide 24/7 GIS Support to internal and external partners
Review daily EDI failures and pin-point and fix the root cause
Work with trading partners for Implementation including Integration Testing
Valerent, Inc April 2001 – February 2005
Branch Manager/Director of Operations (2001-2005)
Managed P&L and prepared branch budget each year. Responsible for developing and retaining accounts throughout North Texas. Managed all aspects of Operations including Purchasing, Help Desk, Customer Service, Vendor Management, SOX audits. Audited all Statement of Work documents and worked with Legal as needed. Planned and prepared internal/external quotes, reports, and information requests to the organization for management status meetings. Coordinated and assumed responsibility for Channel communication resolution and upgrades. Heavily involved in merger and acquisition activities.
• Created a strategic partnership with Altiris allowing us to attain Platinum status and become one of four world wide service partners.
• Completed a SOX audit with the assistance of a Consultant.
• Promoted to Director of Operations.
Amherst Corporate Computer Products June 1989 – 2001
(Acquired Allstar Systems in May 2000)
Branch Manager (1997-2001)
Manage client and partner relationships at the executive level and oversee the delivery and implementation of deliverables. Managed P&L and prepared branch budget each year. Manage all aspects of the business development team, including staff recruiting, development and retention. Manage and lead sales team for cross-industry computer VAR selling Hewlett Packard, Compaq, IBM, Cisco, Microsoft and completed integrated line of software, hardware, networking products and services. Opened Austin branch in 1997 and took it to a 10 million dollar a year branch in 2000 in hardware sales and services. Met quota for branch sales and net income each year. Assisted in opening of the San Antonio, McAllen and El Paso branches.
• Created a strategic partnership program with manufacturer’s which accounted for 30% of new business growth in 2000.
• Assisted with transition from Allstar Systems to Amherst.
• Increased sales by over 30 % each year and kept the net income in the black.
• Exceeded profitability goal by 210% in 1999.
• Assisted in the implementation of our e-commerce solution for the branch
• Successfully recruited two of the top reseller reps in the Austin area away from the competition.
Distribution Manager (1993-1997)
Responsibilities included managing customer service, purchasing, shipping, inventory control, rebates and configurations/upgrades. Prepared operations budget each year.
• Consolidated operations and reduced operating expenses by 60%
• Coordinated price protection, stock balancing and RMA’s to reduce inventory write-offs and discontinued inventory.
• Negotiated volume price agreements with major vendors including Ingram Micro and Tech Data which led to savings of over 5% to the company.
• Managed over 35 employees between two distribution centers.
Purchasing Supervisor (1989-1993)
Responsibilities included purchasing and inventory control.
• Established a fixed asset tracking system
• Worked with development team to assist in database design, performance analysis, etc.
• Created partnerships with different vendors, including Gates FA, Tech Data and Merisel to establish better pricing and a more aggressive returns policy.
• Managed a team of five buyers.
• Wrote and implemented purchase order terms and conditions
BBA Finance 1993 University of Houston
GIS and Gentran NT training by Sterling Commerce certified instructor