JULIE A DELOA
**** ********* ****** #* ▪ Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
858-***-**** ▪ email@example.com
JOB OBJECTIVE To obtain a position in the meetings and events industry where I can display my efficient organization and communication skills to become a proven asset to the company.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
El Camino College, Torrance, CA
San Diego State University, San Diego, CA. Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Graduation- In Progress
Proficient in MS Professional Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Outstanding customer service skills—able to listen attentively and positively deal with issues.
• Innovative leadership and planning skills with excellent follow-through on details and delegated responsibilities.
• Excellent communication, presentation and training skills.
Server/Trainer ▪ Islands Restaurants ▪ San Diego, California (Mira Mesa, La Jolla and Manhattan Beach)
August 2000 to present
• Planned and implemented staff services including new-hire training
• Participated in special events to market and promote restaurant within the community
Event Coordinator/Intern ▪ Anthology ▪ San Diego, California
April to October 2008
• Effectively utilized event timelines and production schedules in a fast, paced live music venue.
• Maintained clear communication with clients and in-house employees during entire planning process.
• Assisted with the event logistics, proposals, contracts, running deposits, creative décor and vendor communication.
Volunteer Coordinator ▪ Hospitality and Tourism Management Program ▪ San Diego State University
May to December 2007
• Actively recruited paid and unpaid student volunteers to gain experience in the field by performing duties such as set up, registration, escorting vendors and break down for various industry professional events
• Conducted business with a sophisticated demeanor while maintaining a positive attitude throughout communication over the phone, by email and face to face interactions
Sales Intern ▪ Coronado Island Marriott Resort ▪ Coronado, California
Summer of 2007
• Carried out sales techniques used in booking each account from the contact point through the negotiation stages to the confirmation stage
• Interpreted lost business to assist in creating new marketing techniques to gain new client base for sales managers
• President of Meetings and Events Student Association (MESA)
o January 2007-2008 Board Member of MESA
o September 2006 Member of MESA
• MPI Student Member (Meeting Professionals International)
• NSMH (National Society of Minorities in Hospitality)
• World Education Congress (WEC) in Montreal sponsored by Terri Breining, CMP, CMM