Beverly Marie Hackett
OBJECTIVE Inquiring on and dynamic position at the Renaissance – Long Beach Hotel to utilizes my dynamic management skills and provides exceptional levels of guest services.
Cal State University, Dominguez Hills - Carson, CA
Graduation Date: Spring 2013
Bachelor Degree of Science – Business Administration
Concentration: Sports, Entertainment and Hospitality Management
Dean’s List – Fall 2011
Los Angeles Harbor College - Wilmington, CA
Associate Degree of Science
Business – Graduated AS – June 2009
Dean’s List 2009
Bryant & Stratton College - Milwaukee, WI
Associate Degree of Arts
Information Processing/CIS – Graduated - AA
SUSTAINABLE Sustainable Works – Green Living Workshop
WORKSHOP Environmental Education and Action – Spring 2010 Certificate
• Participated in a 9 week Sustainability Workshop
• Completing 5 hours of volunteer services -outdoor cleaning LAHC Campus
• Addressed environmental education, action in the business, colleges and residential communities to reduce environmental impacts and promote sustainable lifestyles that enhance our resources, reduce harm to human health and the environment for the sake of current and future generations.
COURSES SEH 310 Sports, Entertainment, and Hospitality Management
RELATED Overview of Full-Service, Limited-Service and Extended Services Hotels. Including: Food and Beverage operation, Vending and Office Coffee Services and the Business Industry of Foodservice and Recreation and Leisure Organization, Professional Meeting Management, Special Events. The overview of the Entertainment Industry, Resort, Timeshare and Condo Hotel and Casual, Family and Quick Restaurant Services. Examine current issues in sports, entertainment and hospitality field, trends, and problems that may occur in these fields. Investigation into career opportunities and the growth of sports, entertainment, and hospitality industries.
SEH 348 Principles of Travel and Tourism
Studying historical and modern principles of travel and tourism in the hospitality field and exploring of societal trends, global tourist behavior, and environmental factors influencing the destination mix. The investigation of tourism planning and promotion.
MKT 452 Sports and Entertainment Marketing
Theory and practice of the strategic marketing processes applied to sports and entertainment enterprises; planning marketing mixes; market selection decisions; distribution strategies; media mergers and acquisitions; cross platform marketing; regulation issues; sponsorships and events; readings and case studies.
FALL 2012 SEH 448 - Hotel & Resort Management, SEH 495 - Hospitality Management, Strategic Management Seminar 490 and OMG 322 Operational Management
COMPUTER Soft-Train Inc. - Computer Training Center – Certified Certificates
SKILLS Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Windows and Excel
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – Harbor City 03/99 -05/07
Administrative Assistance – Social Services/ Continuing Care/Long Term Care
• Answered triage calls and assisted with walk-in
• Prepared weekly schedule for staff
• Canceled and confirmed appointments and ordered medical charts
• Ordered and maintained office supplies
• Prepared graphs, charts, spreadsheets, retrieved data, transcribed for KP Computer system
• Typed letters; and memos and designed flyers, and developed detailed reports
• Coordinated special projects and enjoyed working in teams to achieve goals
• Trained new employees on KP system
Harbor-UCLA, Morrison Health Care, Inc. – Torrance, CA 12/97 - 03/99
• Maintained daily accounting report summary for the Doctor’s Dining Room meal count
• Typed minutes on weekly basis for the Nutritional Services Department
• Organized personnel files, scheduled physicals for pre and post employees, weekly time cards and sign in sheets for over (70) staff employees, payroll and excel spreadsheets
• Typed correspondence; and office memos and retrieve daily counts and productions sheet for the entire YMCA’s Seniors Feeding Programs.
San Pedro & Peninsula YMCA – San Pedro, CA 06/93 - 03/97
• Child Care/Day Camp, Membership, Youth & Government, Indian Guides and Princess accounts receivable and payable
• Input programs into the directory for enrollment. Input automatic and cash contracts as members enroll. Accounts Receivable-Detail Cash Report for daily deposits and Journal Vouchers monthly
• Managed payroll for (150) employee’s by monthly and all Personnel functions. Presented presentations at YMCA Cluster Meetings on Child Care and Day Camp procedures. Performed Desktop Publishing, word processing for entire staff. Executive Director support for Board Committee correspondence and produce packets for mailing
• Performed confirmation of calling the YMCA Board for committee meetings and clerical support
• Answered daily questions regarding child care/day camp information
• Trained new staff on procedures and enrollment for child care/day camp and registration and other functions as needed.
SALARY HISTORY AND REQUIREMENTS
With Education and Skills $ 36,000 – 46,000 yearly
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center $ 35,000 yearly