SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Versatile professional with demonstrated expertise in the areas of purchasing, global sourcing, supply chain, and materials management; coupled with the tenacity and business acumen to propel companies forward to achieve bottom-line goals.
Breadth of experience includes creating corporate marketing strategies, authoring corporate standard operating procedures (SOP) for purchasing, driving complex bid processes, IT procurement, logistics coordinating, and defining pricing strategies.
Areas of Expertise
International Sourcing - Sourced products in three different industries from China, UK, Taiwan, Germany, Peru, Mexico, and India in excess of $10M annually.
Domestic Sourcing - Sourced products and transportation throughout the US through competitive bidding and strategic partnerships.
IT Sourcing – Sourced IT needs which include computers, hardware, software, fax machines, ERP systems, retail management systems, and accessories.
Vendor / Supplier Management - Conducted quarterly audits on vendor performance based on set criteria and ISO 9001. Negotiate contracts and manage the RFP process.
R&D – Lead a cross functional team to develop new products in the automotive industry to create new products that were more environmentally safe, longer lasting, and less output.
Cost Reductions – Lead multiple bid processes to reduce cost and establish a long term relationship and sourced products internationally to reduce initial cost, as well as, reduce the consumer pricing.
Inventory Control – Effectively set safety stocks, min/max levels, and re-order quantities based on historical analysis. Managed inventory levels of 15,000 components and $10M inventory value.
ERP/MRP – Proficient in Oracle, SAP, Prologic, Powershop, and Microsoft Dynamics
Logistics – Negotiated contracts and shipments domestically and internationally for raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for the logistics of 15-20 trade shows across the US and Canada each year involving LTL and FTL shipments. Lead the project of relocating two facilities while maintaining the production of finished goods.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Procedure Development & Enforcement • Opportunity Identification • Sales • Wholesale / Retail
New Product Development • Website Development • Sales Forecasting • Trade Show Planning • Government Contracts • Commodities Purchasing • Workflow Improvements
MonaVie • Jacksonville & Salt Lake City • August 2011 – April 2012 (Private Contractor)
Global Teaching & Training System designed to help distributors develop their home-based network marketing
Project Manager (Independent Contractor) - Responsible for the implementation of a new system - a distributor-driven, corporate-sanctioned, global training system, serving distributors in the areas of training & education, personal & professional development, global calendar of events, and promotional products.
• Responsible for the procurement of all new products and maintaining proper inventory. (i.e. print material, promotional items, apparel)
• Manage the product development
• Distribution throughout 4 warehouses in the US
• Sourcing materials from France, Taiwan, US, and China
• Manage large distributor events by managing inventory and running a convention store.
• Oversee the reporting and analyzing of COGS, profit margin, and sales forecasts
• Facilitate meetings as needed to keep project on track and project teams/stakeholders well informed on project status
• Negotiated contracts for our retail management system and web hosting.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones
R3GLOBAL, Jacksonville, Florida • July 2009 – May 2011
Powerful Total Support System chosen by Independent Distributors worldwide.
Purchasing & Inventory Control Manager: Lead US purchasing and inventory operations. Form strategic relationships with suppliers and vendors and negotiate contracts. Keep track of performance via analysis and reporting. Align pricing strategies with profit margin objectives and supply. Lead activities across different functions, from corporate website management to event planning/execution. Adapt to changing requirements and oversee materials rescheduling. Maintain accurate production BOM’s. Oversee all aspects of invoicing and purchasing with signing authority. Impletemented through a bid process a new ERP system. Analyze industry trends and competitor moves. Use SAP systems to process orders and convert requisitions. Ensure timely and on-target supplier deliveries using a proactive approach.
• Optimized cash flow as a result of reducing overall inventory by 35%; revamped inventory controls by establishing min/max levels and safety stock for 1300 items.
• Delivered cost savings of 23% by sourcing all core products. (i.e. print material, promotional items, apparel)
• Leveraged relationship building skills to secure an advantageous overseas partnership for sourcing apparel.
• Championed the need for analytical data to improve future business results; developed weekly, monthly, and annual status reports that detailed performance of sales, purchase history, and inventory for every item.
• Assisted in the implementation of a new ERP system.
• Purchased all IT hardware(computers, printers, fax machines, converters, surage protectors, adapters) and software(Windows, Adobe, Symantecs) from varies venders. Reduced the cost center spend by centralizing the purchasing of these goods.
• Negotiated contracts and terms with multiple vendors utilizing a RFP format.
GLATFELTER, Chillicothe, Ohio • May 2008 – April 2009
Public company (NYSE: GLT); global supplier and leading manufacturer of quality printing papers, specialty papers, and engineered and composite fibers.
Sr. Buyer: Oversaw raw materials and packing supplies. Collaborated with suppliers to maintain offsite/onsite inventory. Supported business objectives by meeting or exceeding CIP (cost improvement projects) and PPV (purchase price variance) targets. Monitored market trends. Introduced a program to reduce inventory.
• Negotiated favorable contracts with suppliers and vendors to meet company objectives, with a focus on meeting payment terms, delivery standards, quality, and pricing targets.
• Managed a spending budget in excess of $150 million, keeping tight controls to uncover savings in the areas of costs and delivery.
• Directed 3 bid processes for chemicals and corrugate; each valued at over $3 million per year.
ATC LIGHTING AND PLASTICS, Andover, Ohio • March 2004 – April 2008
Multimillion dollar company specializing in metal stamping, custom manufacturing,electrical components, and plastic injection molding supporting multiple industries.
Purchasing and Marketing Manager: Provided leadership to purchasing and marketing functions for 3 subsidiary companies (manufacturing, steel stamping, and plastics), reporting directly to the CEO and Director of Operations. Led decision-making, analyzed customer quotes, and forged key relationships with international vendors (UK, Taiwan, Germany, and Mexico). Managed and maintained more than 15,000 components. Ensured the top performance of the shipping department with effective team management; trained team on UPS, USPS, and Fed-Ex software. Oversaw safety stocks, lead times, and price breaks. Engaged domestic and international vendors to source resins (polycarbonate, nylon, ABS, acrylic, PVS, and PS) and steel (galvanized steel, cast aluminum, alloy steel, and stainless steel). Worked with different departments to meet core business goals. Purchased all IT hardware and software as well as licensees. Built e-commerce website.
• Relocated manufacturing facility, while meeting all production goals.
• Saved costs by outsourcing 60% of the company’s manufactured products overseas.
• Attained cost and energy savings by working with engineering colleague to co-develop a new lighting assembly.
• Facilitated sales to both OEM, Government Contracts, and direct customers through the development of an aftermarket website.
• Purchased all IT hardware(computers, printers, fax machines, converters, adapters) and software(Microsoft Ofiice, Adobe, Symantecs, AutoCad) from varies venders
• Negotiated contracts and terms with multiple vendors utilizing a RFP format for direct materials, as well as, printers and copiers.
• Negotiated the contract and assisted in implementation of a new ERP system
• Moved up the ranks of the organization quickly due to outstanding performance; within 6 months of start date was promoted to role of Purchasing Manager, and then Marketing Manager a year later.
• Demonstrated the versatility and ability to manage multiple functions during hiring search.
MCIWorldcom, Rockford, Il • June 1999 – July 2003
Global business and residential communications company operating in more than 65 countries
Sales Supervisor: Responsible to coach, motivate, inspire, and develop a work environment that is team-oriented, customer responsive and quality driven; focused on quality sales standards, goals and performance objectives..
• Recipient of the MCI Club award (Top Supervisor of the Quarter)
• Served as member of the #1 ranked team
Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
SAP • Oracle • Prologic • Powershop • QuickBooks • Microsoft Dynamics
Masters of Business Administration, YOUNGSTOWN STATE UNIVERSITY
Member of the 2007 International Marketing Case Competition (George Washington University)
Bachelor of Business Administration, KENT STATE UNIVERSITY