FRANK R. MARTINEZ
San Gabriel, CA 91776
626-***-**** or E-Mail frankr_ email@example.com
Objective: Seeking a challenging position where there is an opportunity for potential growth in areas of expertise as a Collections Specialist, Property Management, Maintenance Residential/Commercial and Customer Service.
Professional Collector, Customer Service and Property Management
• Experience includes several years of hands-on work with start-up businesses, financial institutions including credit unions, with emphasis in credit areas involving collections/mortgage and fraud investigations (including skip-tracing), special assets loan workouts and related customer support ability to multi-task;
• Maximizing return to the financial institution or other lender while preserving customer relations; experience/ability to quickly identify problem loans/accounts and develop proactive solutions;
• Proficient in skip tracing; also sent letters, made visits to homes and businesses, made daily collection calls, negotiated payment arrangements on past-due loans;
• In connection with portfolio management OREO title process loan workouts, appeared in small claims court, reviewed files made recommendations for legal actions, referred accounts to attorneys, collection agencies;
• Experience dealing with 7, 11, 13 bankruptcy and related litigation management;
• Superior negotiation skills with respect to resolution of customer disputes and related customer service, high rate of collection on delinquent accounts, including credit card accounts and loan servicing trustee sale’s with balances of $10,000.000.00 and below.
• Collection of sub-prime auto and big-rig truck and trailer loans 30, 60, 90, 120, days past due. Coordinated field assignments and repossessions, as well as subsequent sales of repossessed automobiles and trucks; worked 50% in the field and 50% in the office.
• Supervised mortgage loss mitigation department staff of two on mortgage loan servicing and property tax escrow payments made in error to city, county, water, sewer tax agencies in all 50 states; coordinated problem resolution through daily contact (by telephone and mail) with homeowners and financial institutions; in doing so, worked successfully with all levels of management, outside attorneys and collection agencies;
• Coordinated payments, resolved disputes, made adjustments, and arranged payments and settlements on special assets loan workouts; Recognized by Senior Management for reduction of over 90 day balances from $1M to $680K;
• Strong background in property management, residential, commercial with rents collection and evictions small claims bank policies, and compliance with local, state and federal laws;
• Strong background experience in call center customer service working with the public including assessment of resumes, qualifications and experience, Answered inbound calls and inquiries regarding available positions and directing applicants to potential openings meeting their qualifications; Provided superior customer service and resolution, strong communication skills, ability to multi-task with strong problem solving. Auto dialer experience.
• Translating to Spanish as needed in all of the above areas of expertise.
Currently contracting with Staffing Agencies
Property Manager part time 1991 to present (rent collections, maintenance etc.)
Work Source/Career Partners (Temporary position) Rosemead, CA
Call Center Customer Service Rep. 4/2008 to 9/2008
Fidelity National Finance Mortgage Loss Mitigation Dept. Pasadena, CA
Collection Recovery Specialist Supervisor 9/2003 to 2/2006
Western Security Bank Burbank, CA
Sr. Collection Rep. Officer and Customer Service Supervisor 8/2002 to 9/2003
Omni Bank: Special Assets Dept. Monterey Park, CA
Special Assets Loan Workout Collection Officer 7/1993 to 8/2002
Fresno City College, Business Administration Major
East Los Angeles Occupational Center, Computer Skills Certificate
Washington Union High, Diploma