University of Waterloo
**** ******* ****, *******, *******, MIT 3G4
Seeking a position in Software QA analyst
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years working experience in software testing of web based and client server application
• Experience on developing skills using PHP, CSS, HTMLand shell scripting
• Define QA procedure, Standards, Guidelines, Policy, Test Strategies and Methodologies
• Extensive knowledge and experience on software development life cycle (SDLC), software development process and methodology including Water Fall, Agile, Scrum and RUP
• Familiar with Web-Based applications, Client/Server applications testing and Web service
• Extensive knowledge and experience on software testing process and testing standard
• Experience in Automation Test tools (QTP, Loadrunner, QC/TD) and Selenium
• Very good at test strategies and methodologies including the following testing: functionality, load, stress and Performance, concurrency, reliability, security, integrity, usability, error handle, fail over and Web Service testing
• Proficient in Unit test, Integration, System, Regression, Alpha, Beta and UAT testing
• Experience in writing test plan, test cases, test script, defect reports and test result reports
• Network Administrator Experience
• Very good at DB2, Mysql, SQL Server, Oracle, Unix/Linux and SQL store procedure
• Good team player and outgoing personality, strong trouble-shooting skills, excellent logical and analytical skills, good documentation skills and quick-learner
XSLT,UML, Unix Shell, CSS, VBScrip, Verilog/VHDL, Matlab.
Operating Systems: Windows 7 / Vista / 2000 / XP, Windows NT (3yrs), IBM mainframe,
SUN Solaris: (5yrs), UNIX AIX (5yr), Linux (4+yrs), MS-DOS (8+yrs)
VPN, VMWare, VNC, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SOAP UI (4yrs), WSDL (4yrs), IBM Websphere (4+yrs), MQ (4+yrs), Tomcat, Jboss
Databases: MS SQL Server2000 (3yrs), MYSQL (5+yrs), Oracle, IBM DB2 (4+yrs)
Testing Tools: WinRunner (2yrs), Load Runner (2yrs), Test Director (2yrs), Jmeter (1yr),
OpenSTA (1yr), QTP (2yrs), Selenium (2yrs), Java Script, QC (2yrs),
Lotus Notes, AutoCAD, OrCAD Cadence, Xilinx-ISE, PSpice, Firebug
Network Skills: Monitoring network traffic, configuring router, server, and hubs, install
Protocol FTP, SFTP, assign IP address and subnetting
Richard Lu p.2
QA Analyst 2007-2012
Sparkmatrix Technologies In., Waterloo, Ontario
• Defined software validation process, guidelines, standards and methodology
• Managed the execution of multiple; complex test plans by preparing assignments, providing training and guidance and reviewing activities to ensure quality standards are met.
• Participated in the definition and design of new systems and enhancements. Recommend efficient design approaches
• Provided project status report with manager
• Contributed to test estimates and resources scheduling
• Wrote automation test scripts using QTP for Web Application and Python for Client Server Application
• Executed the load testing, volume testing, stress testing and performance testing by writing automated testing script.
• Setup Test Environment including deploy Java, DB2 and MYSQL, install application servers
• Wrote test plan, test cases, test scripts, test result report and bug reports using QC
• Databases Verification and Validation. And created XML file for testing.
• Executed security test on all type of applications
• Performed Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and help with UAT Testing
• Reproduced found issues, communicated with Developer and QA manager
• Walkthrough FRS, the design architecture, the high level design document and the detail design document, report the document issues to QA manager
• Found the bottleneck of applications using trouble-shooting skills
• Tested Reliability, Usability, Portability, Compatibility and Consistency as well as Functionality, Demo the application with users, Wrote SQL Script to initialize Data Base.
• Performed the following test for web based application: Reliability test, Security test, Integrity test, Usability test, Scalability test, Compatibility test, Concurrency test, Error- handle test, Load test, stress test, performance test as well as Functionality test
• Provided client technical support via email and phone, and onsite troubleshooting for PC and networking equipment.
• Installed, maintained, and upgraded of web-server hardware and software such as routers, switches, VLAN setups, firewalls and LAN/WAN configuration.
• Optimized daily operations of network traffic, maintained platforms and database.
• Contributed to planning and implementation of corporate IT projects and scheme designs for networking systems.
Richard Lu p.3
QA Analyst Nov, 2006-Aug, 2007
D-Link Networks Canada Inc., Oakville, Ontario
• Evaluated all returned merchandise to determine usability; set up testing environments and simulations to examine the defective products.
• Set up testing environments and simulations to examine the defective products.
• Strengthened troubleshooting skills in networking while managing daily reports.
• Assist in the establishment of testing standards, methodologies, processes and procedures
• Analyzed test risks, provided testing deadline and testing standards
• Assist and collaborate in the overall scheduling of resources
• Creating best of breed test strategy, test planning, and test case development standards
• Effective allocation of resources to project
• Participation in client meetings, business development activities, and other client facing activities
• Training QA team members
• Wrote project requirement checklist, testing plan checklist and test case checklists
• Designed tractability matrix for test cases and system requirements
• Created test plans, cases, scripts, scenarios, decision table and provided defect tracking & reports, testing result report and testing summary
• Designed and executed Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptation Testing
• Tested GUI/OO design, Stress performance testing
• Performed Verification testing, Validation testing (VV&T), security testing, white box testing and black box testing
• Reviewed all kind of document including requirement document and design document
• Bachelor of Mathematics University of Waterloo, 2011