***** ******** ***** ■ Jacksonville, FL 32225
Accomplished underwriter and quality assurance professional with 10+ years of experience in the financial and mortgage industries. Successful record of minimizing risk and protecting banks' assets through strict compliance with underwriting guidelines. Expertise in saving troubled loans and avoiding default by developing innovative solutions to complex financial challenges (rescued 400 loans in an 18-month period for JPMorgan Chase). Vast experience in all types of loans with a specialization in FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and private investor loans.
Areas of Expertise
Underwriting ■ Quality Assurance ■ Risk Management ■ Loss Mitigation ■ Case Management
Compliance ■ Credit Analysis ■ Financial Analysis ■ Relationship Management ■ Loan Processing
Troubleshooting ■ Process Improvement ■ Sales ■ Marketing ■ Management ■ Training & Coaching
JPMORGAN CHASE, Jacksonville, FL
Quality Assurance Analyst 3 / Assistant Vice President - Home Lending ■ Sept. 2011 - Present
Plan and conduct comprehensive investigations of bank's most complex and high-volume real estate transactions. Review closed loans to identify irregularities, risk, fraud, and areas of potential non-compliance. Prepare detailed reports regarding investigation results, analysis, and recommendations for senior management.
Protected the bank's assets and minimize liability through underwriting expertise and the identification of high-risk loans; saved the bank millions of dollars within the first year by initiating actions to rehabilitate and modify non-compliant and troubled loans; identified more than 245 non-compliant loans in 11 months.
• Member of a national eight-person, world-class underwriting/quality assurance team; personally manage the underwriting on FNMA,FHLMC, and FHA loans; partner with a colleague to underwrite private investor.
• Strengthened bank's relationship with MHA.
• Contributed to improving the skills and knowledge of junior and senior underwriting teams by identifying improvement opportunities and recommending further training and professional development.
• Evaluated work performed by front-line underwriters to ensure accuracy and strict compliance with bank regulations and underwriting guidelines; analyzed credit, income, and collateral data to determine risk levels.
Senior Home Loss Mitigation Underwriter - Home Lending ■ Apr. 2010 - Sept. 2011
Reviewed residential loans in default or imminent default to develop viable solutions and alternatives. Conducted investigations of cases, reviewed asset and income information, and communicated directly with borrowers to make final determinations regarding loan dispositions. Negotiated new loan terms with borrowers.
Saved a high rate of defaulted and troubled loans in caseload by devising innovative solutions and workout plans; rescued more than 400 loans within an 18-month period; created solutions that protected bank's assets and interests while maintaining strong customer relationships.
• Created satisfactory solutions and avoided default and foreclosure in 95% of cases, exceeding department's average of 80%; consistently rated among top-performing Underwriters in quality and results in department.
• Communicated extensively with FNMA and other investors to present workout solutions; investigated the viability of using HAMP and in-house workout programs to resolve loan issues.
• Managed a caseload of 20 to 25 residential loans per month with varying levels of complexity.
Senior Loan Coordinator ■ Sept. 2009 - Apr. 2010
Processed a high-volume of retail mortgages including conventional and government loans, both new purchases and refinancing. Maintained a high level of accuracy and productivity in fast-paced department.
Marcia Brinson Page 2
Professional Experience (Continued):
SELF-EMPLOYED CONTRACT LOAN PROCESSOR ■ Mar. 2007 - Sept. 2009
Performed general loan processing and underwriting activities for two major financial institutions (Bank of America/Banking Center Channel and Wachovia now Wells Fargo).
WASHINGTON MUTUAL (Currently JPMorgan Chase), Jacksonville, FL
Senior Loan Coordinator/Validation Underwriter ■ July 2005 - Mar. 2007
Consistently achieved or exceeded quality and productivity objectives in the Retail Loan Department.
WACHOVIA MORTGAGE now Wells Fargo, Jacksonville, FL
Construction Loan Credit Analyst ■ June 2005 – July 2006
Performed diverse loan processing, financial analysis, and underwriting functions for a major financial institution. Worked closely with builders to coordinate the loan approval processes. Analyzed financial statements to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines and company regulations. Maintained superior quality and customer satisfaction rates through careful analysis, timely processing of loans, and effective account management.
CENDANT MORTGAGE now PHH, Mt. Laurel, NJ & Jacksonville, FL
Mortgage Loan Processor ■ Oct. 2000 – June 2005
Executed mortgage processing activities for major brands (Century 21, Era, and Coldwell Banker) and logos (Merrill Lynch and USAA) sources of business. Processed loans in accordance with Conventional, FHA, and VA guidelines. Originally hired as Brands Loan Processor; earned promotions to Merrill Lynch High Net worth Loan Processor and Logos Government Loan Processor for exceptional performance.
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA
Currently pursuing PMP (online). Expected date of completion: Feb. 2013