• Results-driven, highly organized and detail-oriented Marketing Manager with seven years of experience developing and executing effective marketing campaigns and strategies. Specialties include project management, writing, PR, social media, email, market and competitive intelligence and graphic design.
• MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator; working knowledge of Flash and Dreamweaver on both Mac and PC platforms. Experience with ExactTarget and Bronto email service providers, and PeopleSoft and Laurus CRM.
• Keller Graduate School of Management, Naperville, IL
Master of Business Administration, (December 2010) Concentration: Marketing Management
• Illinois State University, Normal, IL
Bachelor of Science (December 2005)
Double Major: Public Relations and General Art; Minor: Sociology
Organizations: Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), Student Association for Women in
Communications (SAWC), Webmaster; Visual Forum
• Hokkaido University of Education, Asahikawa, Japan (2002)
Dong-Ah Broadcasting College, Seoul, South Korea (2005)
PROFESSIONAL MARKETING MANAGER | EmbanetCompass
EXPERIENCE November 2010 – June 2012 | Arlington Heights, IL
• Marketing Strategy: Created and executed marketing strategies and plans for five online master’s
degree programs, of three accredited universities.
• Lead Generation Reporting and Analytics: Monitored and reported campaign performance metrics in
generating quality leads through lead generation channels, including PPC, email, portals and banner ads.
• Market Research: Conducted primary market research surveying student and faculty sample populations to
develop a market research report, identifying opportunities for targeted marketing strategies.
• Content Writing: Wrote email templates for sales usage, optimized landing pages, mobile landing pages and
web content to target specific industries and needs.
• Project Management: Improved processes by creating first email and webinar schedule for communication
to sales and student retention departments. Managed all webinars from development to execution.
• Client Management: Served as liaison for recurring business unit/cross-functional team and client program
meetings. Led all client program calls and established and maintained positive client relationships.
• Negotiated inbound links on client’s program page for SEO B2C lead generation, resulting in a cost savings
upwards of $20k per month, while generating additional revenue for the company with increased application-
• Set a higher standard for the company by creating professionally run soft-sell educational webinars, managing
all webinar logistics from setup to execution, including creation of topics, writing and design of slide content,
preparing/coaching panelists, running rehearsals, writing scripts, hosting, and archiving recordings to websites
for sales usage.
MARKETING SPECIALIST | Infogix, Inc.
June 2007 – September 2010 | Naperville, IL
• Event Management: Managed external conference event participation, conducting research and planning
for potential conference participation, speakership and lead generation opportunities, which included planning
and logistics, within budgets up to $100k. Managed logistical and promotional planning for external company
webinars, which included use of consistent best practices in preparation, planning, promotion, execution and
• Content Writing: Managed and co-authored software marketing collateral for sales support, including
brochures, white papers and case studies. Authored quarterly e-newsletter, Information Integrity Matters, wrote
competitor reports based on SWOT analyses for both sales support and internal company use.
• Graphic Design: Transitioned layouts of more than 40 brochures from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe
InDesign, including company, product, case studies, solutions and services brochures. Created broadcast e-
mails through Dreamweaver and HTML for customer and prospect symposiums and webinars. Created
diagrams, graphics and layouts for collateral, white papers, case studies and articles.
• Public Relations: Managed public relations activities, including media releases, byline article submissions and
• Lead Generation and Segmentation: Macro segmented and maintained e-mail service provider lists of
targeted niche customers, prospects and B2B leads.
• Vendor Management: Managed and maintained print production and other vendor relationships and
negotiated agreements and contracts using integrative negotiation tactics.
• Budget Management: Managed marketing budget, including budget forecasting, comprehensive planning
and expense reports.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE | General Growth Properties (contracted through Five Star Recruiting)
April – June 2007 | Chicago, IL
• Co-responsible for coordination of marketing materials for launching Sarah Jessica Parker’s new clothing line,
“Bitten” for Steve and Barry’s locations at shopping malls across the nation.
• Analyzed sales and revenue reports for participation in business development activities.
MARKETING COORDINATOR | Rightsize Facility Performance
January – March 2007 | Chicago, IL
• Assisted business development team in maintaining multiple websites, direct mail, broadcast e-mail campaigns,
SEO and SEM, and creation of promotional materials for product sales.
• Maintained inventory audits.
• Prospected for potential leads in the nonprofit sector.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE | Computershare (contracted through LaSalle Network) October - December 2006 | Chicago, IL
• Received inbound inquiries from shareholders following a corporate action reverse stock split.
• Developed and maintained shareholder accounts and formed positive client relationships.
ACCOUNT MANAGER/ ONLINE SPECIALIST | CareerBuilder, LLC
May - October 2006 | Chicago, IL
• Prospected and solidified relationships with C-level executives. Scheduled and conducted web-based
presentations to demonstrate CareerBuilder’s products, and overcame objections to acquire/close new
business. Won unit incentives on most set appointments and average talk-time.
• Maintained existing and new client accounts using a CRM database.
GRAPHIC COMMUNICATIONS PRODUCER INTERN | TV-10 News, Illinois State University
August – December 2005 | Normal, IL
• Used commercial art sense and problem-solving skills to design over the shoulder graphics for live broadcast
television at Illinois State University.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN | Chestnut Health Systems
June – September 2005 | Bloomington, IL
• Designed advertisements for nonprofit publications and collaborated with marketing director in daily
administrative activities, which included writing, proofreading, and editing monthly newsletters and other
internal and external communications and photographing internal events and branded merchandise.
INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN | AMOREPACIFIC
February – May 2005 | Seoul, South Korea
• Researched benchmarking strategies for international expansion and conducted presentations to a marketing
team on effective public relations strategies in the United States.
ADVERTISING DESIGN AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERN | Bloomington-Normal Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
August – December 2004 | Bloomington, IL
• Promoted the bureau and marketed several local businesses by designing advertisements, updating websites,
and photographing local businesses and events to be included in the annual magazine.
• Toastmasters International (2009 – present), Arlington Heights Toastmasters Chapter (2010 – present)