SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Successfully managed health care organizations, initiatives and projects. Proactive and highly accomplished bilingual health care administrative and clinical professional, with 8 years of experience in public health administration, healthcare programs and research. My strengths include achiever, strategic, learner and high capacity identifying and developing strength among employees even in peer groups.
• Health Policy and Reform • Policy and Procedure Administration • Employee Development Settings
• Competitive/Strategic Planning • Clinical Training and Knowledge • Operations Management
• Financial Reporting
Master of Business Administration CGPA 4.0
Health Services Management Concentration
Keller Graduate School of Management, Orlando, FL
Anticipated graduation May, 2013
Leadership, Health, and Financial courses
• Leadership and Organizational Behavior • Financial Accounting
• Leadership on the 21 Century • Managerial Accounting
• Health Care Systems • Managerial Statistics
• Health Rights and Responsibilities
Specialist in Public Health Management (2009) CGPA 4.0
“Dr. Arnoldo Gabaldon” Institute of Higher Studies. Aragua, Venezuela.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology (2001) CGPA 3.76
Universidad de Carabobo. Aragua, Venezuela
Research Associate Ad Honorem
“Dr. Arnoldo Gabaldon” Institute of Higher Studies Orlando, FL 08/10 – present
• Evaluate research papers (virtually) developed by graduate students in the area of Public Health including Diabetes, Health Situation Analysis, Health programs evaluation (HIV, Cancer, Tuberculosis, Infectious diseases and chronicle diseases).
• Analyze the results obtained by the researches and make suggestions related to the methodology used .
• Analyze the problem’s statement, objectives and variables and compare those with the results expected/obtained by the investigation.
• Detect and determine the applicability of the results and findings into the public health field.
Customer Service Representative U.I.G United Insurance Group Miami, FL 08/2010 – 09/2011
• Interacted with customers by phone or in person to provide customer service for personal lines of insurance and ensure the best service possible.
• Answered customers' questions regarding product or service.
• Conversed with customers to obtain information and explain available services.
• Received and processed orders, provided information concerning pricing, changes in service, and discontinuance.
• Investigated and corrects errors, following customer and company records.
• Adjusted complaints concerning billing or services rendered.
• Referred complaints of service failure to appropriate departments for investigation.
• Coordinated customers' service needs with other departments as required to ensure customer service.
Municipal Health Director Corposalud Aragua Colonia Tovar, Venezuela 12/2003 - 07/2010
• Supervised and directed the healthcare services including one type IV hospital and 13 type IV ambulatories, included in the Tovar’s health network and evaluate the services offered and the impact over the patient’s population.
• Administered financial health resources assigned to Tovar County, prepared and evaluated the organizational annual health capital budget of $2.5 million.
• Served as a liaison between the operative level, management and the governmental board, planning, controlling, executing and evaluating healthcare strategies according to national and international standards and organizational goals.
• Participated in the hiring and evaluation of the recruiting process.
• Presented the trimestral, semestral and annual health situation to local authorities, regional board of directors and governmental and national authorities in order to show the health needs in our region.
• Approved the acquisition of major equipment and addition of new services based on identified community needs.
• Spokesperson from the health field to journal conferences, governmental and public meetings.
• Advocated to consolidate proactive, effective and multifunctional teams in different areas related with health attention and epidemiology, fomenting empowerment and engagement with the organization.
• Rehabilitated three health care centers that were inactive.
• Developed strategic plans and ongoing monitoring of all activities addressed to the health attention, vaccination, maternal attention, prioritized health programs, prevention and promotion.
• Developed short-term and long-range organizational goals with 23 health programs.
• Evaluated health indicators, epidemiological situation and developed strategies to address the stated situation.
• Directed the health actions from the promotion, prevention, curative, and rehabilitation perspectives.
• Organized the actualization and research program and evaluated the results annually.
• Scheduled activities related to the access to health services in rural areas included in the county and evaluated the impact of those activities over the attended population.
• Participated in the design of patient’s satisfaction surveys and evaluated its results.
• Conducted community health needs assessments addressed to the detection of the prioritized health problems.
• Continually reviewed, evaluated and implemented plans for improving organizational performance.
Diabetes Educator and Researcher Corposalud Aragua, DMS Tovar Colonia Tovar, Venezuela 08/2002- 07/2010
• Developed the educational program directed to de attention on all diabetic patients attended by the health care network in Colonia Tovar, Venezuela.
• Classified the patients according to Diabetes type and metabolic control status.
• Elaborated the data base to analyze the values of different parameters during the educational intervention.
• Assisted all the educational and medical controls related with the studied population.
• Collected the data related with antecedents, medical records and laboratory parameters and values on each case.
• Evaluated the impact of the educational program over the metabolic parameters, complications and HbA1c values in the diabetic population during 8 years.
• Presented the results in annual conferences and international medical congresses.
• The program improved the general condition in controlled patients reducing the risk of complications in 55%.
Laboratory Manager Corposalud Aragua, DMS Tovar Colonia Tovar, Venezuela 09/2001- 12/2003
• Analyzed biological samples and compare the automatized techniques used in the laboratory with national quality standards.
• Supervised laboratory employees and participated in hiring process and employees’ evaluation.
• Trained personnel in laboratory techniques and safe laboratory practices;
• Planed and monitored an annual budget ($100,000/annually), for laboratory.
• Identified improvements and/or new experiments that better meet national professional objectives.
• Develops policies and procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment of patients and laboratory employees.
• Recommended new equipment for the laboratories.
• Compiled statistics such as laboratory utilization figures, projects enrollment, and surveys other departments at the national level.