Carrollton, TX *5010
A position as a senior Product Development Chemist/Operations Manager
where I will be associated with Research & Development, formulation and
Processing of personal care products.
• Nearly 30 years of experience in formulation, processing and quality control of
Personal care products.
• Ability to direct complex projects from concepts to fully operational status.
• Goal oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities.
• Organized, highly motivated, and detail oriented problem solver.
• Proven ability to work with people of different levels.
R&D Director OCT 10–AUG 11
Pro-Core labs, Coppell, TX
• Responsible for the day to day operations of the formulations and QC lab.
• Responsible for formulating private label cosmetics such as shampoo, bubble bath, lotion, creams, sunscreens, sunless tanners etc.
• Worked with purchasing group to procure raw-materials and second sourcing.
• Worked with Regulatory and QC group on regulatory & quality issues
• Responsible for scale-up formulas and manufacturing instructions.
• Performed Trouble shooting to fix processing issues.
Formulation & Process Consultant
JAN 09–JUL 10
Acti Tech, Sherman, TX
• Modified existing formulas to process in existing equipment.
• Produced numerous techniques for processing formulations.
• Introduced one-kettle and energy efficient process for creating emulsions in a cost effective manner.
Associate Principal scientist JAN 95–OCT 08
Mary Kay Inc., Dallas TX
• Developed skin care products such as cleansers, facial Scrubs, moisturizers, sun care products, sunless tanners, body lotions from concepts to production.
• Provided training and technical expertise to less experienced staff. Evaluated new technologies and new ingredients to provide cutting edge products in a very cost effective manner.
• Worked with process development group and introduced One-kettle process, low-energy process to save time and cost. Introduced Uni-Mix (High energy process) to process high volumes of products in a shorter period of time and increased processing capacity without increasing the space. Introduced low emulsifier emulsions using Uni-Mix process.
Senior R&D Chemist JUL 93–JAN 95
Cumberland Swan Inc., Smyrna, TN.
• Developed hair care products, Skincare products such as Cleansers, facial scrubs, moisturizers, sun care products, Sunless tanners, body lotions, and personal care products such as mouth washes, and deodorants from prototypes to production in a very cost effective manner for the private label market.
• Searched patents, and evaluated raw-materials for cost effectiveness.
R&D Chemist JAN 89-JUL 93
Hunt Products Co, Dallas, TX
• Developed hair care products, skin care products and personal care products in a very cost effective manner from prototypes for private label market.
• Provided stability testing, quality control of finished products and in coming raw-materials, provided assistance to purchasing group in evaluating second sources etc.
R&D, QC and Production Chemist JUN 76-SEP 87
Superior Products, Dallas, TX
• Developed hair care, personal care and skin care products.
• Tested finished products and incoming raw materials.
• Developed scale-up process for manufacturing.
• Performed trouble shooting to fix processing problems.
• Set specifications
• Interact with purchasing to source raw materials.
Master of Business Administration (Production and Operation)
University of North Texas, Denton TX
Master of Arts (Cosmetic Science)
Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck NJ
Diploma in Perfumery
International Federation of Essential oils and Aroma Trades, London, England
Bachelors of Science (Chemistry)
University of Kerala, India