Richard C. Bobsein
***** ****** **** *****, ******* Fl, 33458
Proven manager with technical acumen in product development and deployment with focus on government and Fortune 500 markets. Skilled in design rules, engineering, sourcing, production, deployment and sustainment. Management expertise emphasizing strategic planning, staffing, training and vendor relations. In depth knowledge of information technology applications, government regulation and engineering capabilities.
Held key management positions with aerospace / defense contractors, software development organizations and government agencies. Over twenty years experience in Executive management, Program Management and Quality Improvement for programs in the commercial aviation, strategic defense and information technology markets.
Curtiss Wright Predator Systems Boca Raton, Fl Program Manager/Quality Manager
• Compliance Manager for all ITAR, Export, regulatory and customer unique requirements
• Project manager for the design, development, manufacturing and test of precision hydraulic control systems. Products include aerospace actuators, motors, hydraulic manifolds and OEM build to print.
• AS9100: 2009 Quality Management System Manager for design engineering and precision manufacturing facility. Manage all elements of the certification and third party registration.
Security Identification Systems Corporation (SISCO) W. Palm Beach, Fl General Manager (1999 –2003)
• Directed the software design, testing and installation teams in deployment of custom access control screening systems.
• Guided company internal growth in terms of business processes, information technology platforms, human resource management and customer liaison issues.
• Instituted software life cycle controls, change management policies and quality improvement initiatives.
Boeing Aerospace/ Rocketdyne Propulsion W. Palm Beach, Fl Engineering Specialist (1998)
• Assured contract compliance for the Space Shuttle Main Engine Turbopump manufacturing program.
• OEM Field engineer providing integration during the NASA certification process.
U.S Department of Defense (DLA) Pratt & Whitney W. Palm Beach, Fl Supv. Aerospace Engineer (1988-1998)
• Managed multi disciplined teams in the oversight of Federal contracts. NASA and USAF engine programs. Programs included F-100 Engine, NASA Space Shuttle Maine Engine Turbopump upgrade.
• Lead auditor for DCMC Certification of United Technologies Corp to ISO 9001 Quality Standard.
Naval Air Engineering Center (NAVAIRSYSCOM) Lakehurst, NJ Materials Engineer (1983-1988)
• Provided vendor certification, process audit and product acceptance for procured Naval support systems.
• QA engineer, material science failure mode investigator. Corrective Action and discrepancy manager.
Project Management, Engineering, Contract Administration, Supply Chain management, Quality Systems, Information Technology, Administration, Quality Assurance, Computer System Integration, Material Resource Planning, Manufacturing, Hydraulic testing, Technical Support, Proposal Preparation, Government bidding, Training and Communication, ITAR, AS9100RevC, USML and EAR
Cost / Schedule, Earned value (EVM), System Safety, Reliability, Metallurgy, KAIZAN, Process Improvement
SPC, Six Sigma
BAAN ERPLN, MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, TCP/IP, MS Project, VISIO, Heat, Robohelp
Education / Credentials
Bachelor of Engineering, Materials Engineering College, University of Florida
DAWIA Project Manager Certification, Defense Contract Management College, Level I Acquisition Corp
DAWIA Systems Engineering Certification, Defense Contract Management College, Level II Acquisition Cor
ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
Top Secret Clearance